GUILTY ME - Marissa Kennedy, 10, Stockton Springs, killed by mother & stepfather, 25 Feb 2018

Thanks Alleykins!

back to
bored-smiley.gif

Maine’s top court rules prosecutors can stay on Carrillo murder case

Maine Supreme Judicial Court justices issued a decision Tuesday backing Waldo County Superior Court Justice Robert Murray’s ruling that Assistant Attorney Generals Leane Zainea and Donald Macomber should be allowed to continue prosecuting the case.
[.....]
Maine Law Court justices grilled both sides during a June 12 hearing, asking prosecutors why subpoenas were mishandled and trying to determine whether the state’s errors had actually done any damage to Carrillo’s chances at a fair trial.

If anyone can find the next hearing - it would be appreciated! TIA!

Last edited:
Niner, the first link is for an article dated April and all it states is that the pair pleaded not guilty.

Wednesday, August 8th:
*Pretrial Hearing for both (@ ET) – ME – Marissa Kennedy (10) (Feb. 25, 2018-suffered months of abuse (Oct. ‘1-Feb. ’18) – *Sharon Carrillo (33) “mom” arrested (2/26/18) & charged (2/28/18) with depraved indifference murder. $500K bail. Plead not guilty on 4/2/18.
3/16/18 update: A Judge has ordered a mental health evaluation for Sharon. Will be examined on 4/20 at Riverview Psychiatric Facility, results will be sealed by the courts.
4/13/18 Judge denies Defense motion to remove prosecutors from case. Superior Court Justice Robert Murray ruled 3/18/18 that pros hadn’t followed proper procedures when they subpoenaed Sharon’s former school & former employer in New York. Murray ordered that paper records the State received as a result of that subpoena be sealed & turned over to the court. He also ordered that digital records be destroyed. The court hasn’t yet set a hearing date to decide whether any members of the pros team should be removed from the case.
4/20/18: Sharon
Carrillo’s forensic mental examination is scheduled for May 4. The exam takes place at the Offices of the State Forensic Service in Augusta, and can take up to three hours to complete; according to court documents, the Court had also planned to address a pending Motion for Joinder previously filed by the State. Other matters that were to be discussed included a Motion for Forensic Evaluation of Julio Carrillo.
5/2/18: Defense appeals decision to keep pros on case.
5/16/18 Update: A motion to disqualify prosecutors in the Sharon Carrillo murder trial will now be heard by the Maine Supreme Court. An oral argument is scheduled at the Maine Supreme Court in Portland for June 12th at 1:30 pm.
7/3/18 Update: ME Supreme Court rules that Prosecutors can stay on case. Next court hearing in August 8.

*Julio Carrillo (51) step-dad arrested (2-26-18) & charged (2/28/18) with depraved indifference murder. $500K bail. Plead not guilty on 4/2/18.
4/20/18: State wants Julio to have mental evaluation, judge has yet to approve.

Bumping up if anyone has an update - please post! I sure haven't found anything...

TIA! :)

I just looked around, but I found nothing later than May. Perhaps someone living closer to Maine will find something.
Thanks, :) Niner, for keeping us all up-to-date on this sad and maddening case.

I looked also and did not find anything but sometimes another member will find something and I do not!
Hate how this happens and just kind of hangs in limbo.

I haven't seen anything recently about the case, I'm pretty local.
The only thing I've noticed lately have been news articles about proposed child welfare bills in response to Marissa's case, and another little girl's.

Thank you ALL for checking. Yes, that's the only articles coming up for me are the child welfare bills....

waiting2-smiley.gif

Finally an article, but I can't access it - maybe someone here can give a 10% synopsis on it - and post dates if there are any in it.

Couple pleads not guilty in 10-year-old's death

All I can read is the what it states - couple pleads not guilty.

TIA! :)
It’s only a short video clip so I’m summarizing the best I can.

Julio has retained a new attorney as of last week. Mental health of both defendants is in question. A hearing on removing prosecutors from the AG’s office could be as soon as next week, with trial being 8 to 12 months out.

It’s only a short video clip so I’m summarizing the best I can.

Julio has retained a new attorney as of last week. Mental health of both defendants is in question. A hearing on removing prosecutors from the AG’s office could be as soon as next week, with trial being 8 to 12 months out.

Thanks a bunch keeleydoll! And of course they don't give a "date" for next week! Gaah! LOL!

Sometime time this week – Sept. 3rd thru the 7th:
*Hearing for both (@ ET) – ME – Marissa Kennedy (10) (Feb. 25, 2018-suffered months of abuse (Oct. ‘1-Feb. ’18) – *Sharon Carrillo (33) “mom” arrested (2/26/18) & charged (2/28/18) with depraved indifference murder. $500K bail. Plead not guilty on 4/2/18.
3/16/18 update: A Judge has ordered a mental health evaluation for Sharon. Will be examined on 4/20 at Riverview Psychiatric Facility, results will be sealed by the courts.
Superior Court Justice Robert Murray ruled 3/18/18 that pros hadn’t followed proper procedures when they subpoenaed Sharon’s former school & former employer in New York. Murray ordered that paper records the State received as a result of that subpoena be sealed & turned over to the court. He also ordered that digital records be destroyed. The court hasn’t yet set a hearing date to decide whether any members of the pros team should be removed from the case.
4/13/18 Judge denies Defense motion to remove prosecutors from case.
4/20/18: Sharon Carrillo’s forensic mental examination is scheduled for May 4. The exam takes place at the Offices of the State Forensic Service in Augusta, and can take up to three hours to complete; according to court documents, the Court had also planned to address a pending Motion for Joinder previously filed by the State. Other matters that were to be discussed included a Motion for Forensic Evaluation of Julio Carrillo.
5/16/18 Update: A motion to disqualify prosecutors in the Sharon Carrillo murder trial will now be heard by the Maine Supreme Court. An oral argument is scheduled at the Maine Supreme Court in Portland for June 12th at 1:30 pm.

7/3/18 Update: ME Supreme Court rules that Prosecutors can stay on case. Next court hearing in August 8.
*Julio Carrillo
(51) step-dad arrested (2-26-18) & charged (2/28/18) with depraved indifference murder. $500K bail. Plead not guilty on 4/2/18. State wants Julio to have mental evaluation, judge has yet to approve.
9/1/18 Update: Both plead not guilty. Julio retained new attorney last week. Mental health of both defendants in question. Hearing on removing prosecutors from the AG’s office could be as soon as next week (9/3 to 9/7). Trial being 8 to 12 months out.

The week is almost over - anyone find anything??!! :)

Sometime time this week – Sept. 3rd thru the 7th:
*Hearing for both (@ ET) – ME – Marissa Kennedy (10) (Feb. 25, 2018-suffered months of abuse (Oct. ‘1-Feb. ’18) – *Sharon Carrillo (33) “mom” arrested (2/26/18) & charged (2/28/18) with depraved indifference murder. $500K bail. Plead not guilty on 4/2/18.
Superior Court Justice Robert Murray ruled 3/18/18 that pros hadn’t followed proper procedures when they subpoenaed Sharon’s former school & former employer in New York. Murray ordered that paper records the State received as a result of that subpoena be sealed & turned over to the court. He also ordered that digital records be destroyed. The court hasn’t yet set a hearing date to decide whether any members of the pros team should be removed from the case.
4/13/18 Judge denies Defense motion to remove prosecutors from case.
4/20/18: Sharon Carrillo’s forensic mental examination is scheduled for May 4. The exam takes place at the Offices of the State Forensic Service in Augusta, and can take up to three hours to complete; according to court documents, the Court had also planned to address a pending Motion for Joinder previously filed by the State. Other matters that were to be discussed included a Motion for Forensic Evaluation of Julio Carrillo.

*Julio Carrillo
(51) step-dad arrested (2-26-18) & charged (2/28/18) with depraved indifference murder. $500K bail. Plead not guilty on 4/2/18. State wants Julio to have mental evaluation, judge has yet to approve.
9/1/18 Update: Both plead not guilty. Julio retained new attorney last week. Mental health of both defendants in question. Hearing on removing prosecutors from the AG’s office could be as soon as next week (9/3 to 9/7). Trial being 8 to 12 months out.

Nothing yet, but the weeks not up. I will check around over the weekend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back