GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't followed this case as intently as I followed the Bosma and Babcock cases but this one seems to have reasonable doubt written all over it.

Too bad, I wish they had been able to present more credible evidence but as long as his appeals are all dismissed DM will never be released anyway.
Thank you, DeaconBrodie.

We were posting at the same time when I asked for your insight.

Court is now back in session. Pillay says he is not calling any defence evidence.
by Adam Carter 10:34 AM

So DM will not be putting on a defence in the third and final murder trial of his killing spree. Interesting considering all the defence planning and scheming he was doing in those letters. So once again, he'll rely on the closing statement to weave his fairy tale, even though it is not admissible as evidence to be considered.

MOO

I haven't followed this case as intently as I followed the Bosma and Babcock cases but this one seems to have reasonable doubt written all over it.

Too bad, I wish they had been able to present more credible evidence but as long as his appeals are all dismissed DM will never be released anyway.
Same here... I have been reading along silently and not as intently as the previous 2 hearings.
I am not getting a very good feeling about this one though. Looking forward to next weeks closing statements and see what happens.

That's hard for us to say though when we haven't been privy to evidence that has been entered in all of the ASOF and the cell phone info.

MOO

So DM will not be putting on a defence in the third and final murder trial of his killing spree. Interesting considering all the defence planning and scheming he was doing in those letters. So once again, he'll rely on the closing statement to weave his fairy tale, even though it is not admissible as evidence to be considered.
Millard has said so many things to so many people, if he were to get on the stand it would open the doors to almost every lie he has ever told.

Remember, the judge that disallowed the expert testimony is the same judge that will be deciding Millards fate. The testimony was far from perfect and definitely could have been grounds for appeal. Perhaps the judge feels that the testimony is not crucial to her decision, in that she feels he is guilty regardless. I know that I was convinced he was guilty long before I heard that testimony. Disallowing it does nothing to change my opinion.

That's true, but Agreed Statements of Fact rarely put the nail in the coffin.

If it is that important it would likely be argued over and not admitted without a fight.
Or it is simply irrefutable. Arguing this stuff costs Millard money, and we've seen the same arguments in the two previous trials. Its also different as there is no Jury.

Only Sutherland's evidence regarding the basic usage of revolvers is being admitted, the judge rules. "The balance of his evidence is not admissible," she says.
by Adam Carter 10:04 AM

I wonder what is included in the evidence regarding the basic usage of revolvers. Is it basic evidence to determine that the gun would have been fired from a specific angle based on the GSR on the pillow? That seems basic to me.

What?? Does anyone know what the housekeeper said in her statement, details about the dna on the gun (what type of dna, where on the gun).

I'm still going with he did it based on the fact that there are no usable fingerprints on the gun. I'm sure if he was going to kill himself that gun would be covered with his fingerprints. You would think he would pick it up, possibly think about things for at least a couple seconds (most people its more like minutes -sometimes hours), position the gun (by the sounds of it, it wasn't an easy shot to pull off), pull the trigger. All of this and not one useable print. No buying it. Somebody wiped that gun down. DM or MB one of them.

I don't get the blanket thing. The GSR on his face is what's important here. If there was a blanket near or over his face, that would be suspicious in terms of committing suicide IMO.

They are suggesting that the straight line of the GSR could have been caused by the placement of the blanket rather than the angle of the revolver.

And yes, having a blanket up to his face like he was all tucked in for sleep (like it appears he was to me) does not bode well for suicide either. But if we are to go by the only reporter tweeting in the courtroom, the Crown did not mention this. I really think a LOT was said in the courtroom that was not tweeted. There were huge lags in the tweets and we know that it was not silence in the courtroom.

MOO

Last edited:
DM's DNA on the gun, the gun itself, cell phone pings placing him there, no alibi.... what else?

ETA: money as motive, of course!

While we heard that WM's fingerprints were not on the gun, and DM's DNA was on the gun, was it ever addressed whether or not WM's DNA was on it?

ETA: Would also like to know if WM's DNA was on the Lulu Lemon bag. If he retrieved it from the basement and fiddled with the gun prior to "suicide", then his DNA should have been found on both, no?? (iirc, DM said in his interview that there had been a gun in a bag in the basesment).

Last edited:

Speaking of the bag , I do not understand the obsession . I see no mention of the name on the bag , men do not pay any attention to that stuff , it simply looks like a black & white bag. It would be different if it was pink with flowers .... then a man would not use it.

All things considered , whether right handed or left handed , the position of the bed against a wall and the restricted area of the dresser , the best and easiest way to fire a revolver in those cramped conditions would be an upside down gun fired with the left hand. With the added advantage of not having to face your father while you are shooting him in the eye.

Perhaps the joking about the bag is not that WM would re-use the bag but where it came from initially. I believe in abro's book she said DM and JS would meet up for yoga. Wasn't he also doing yoga in prison? JS was a dancer. IMO there is a Lululemon store in Oakville. Probably not open after 9 pm on the night of the murder, but seems perhaps DM would have shopped there with JS rather than on his own or the bag came perhaps from her. This is speculation of course, but Lululemon is mostly known for yoga type clothing although I understand they have other stuff too. It is the red logo people identified. Dark Ambition

As for shooting, I think he might have lined it up with the nose and being ambidextrous could have used any hand. Just lucky he didn't have the bullet ricochet and shoot himself. I've taken the photo of ISHO with a gun to the eye and flipped it as though he is sleeping and using a left hand. photo from http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/matthew-ward-jackson

Attachments

• isho left hand (2).png
    isho left hand (2).png
    97.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors