GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we heard that WM's fingerprints were not on the gun, and DM's DNA was on the gun, was it ever addressed whether or not WM's DNA was on it?

ETA: Would also like to know if WM's DNA was on the Lulu Lemon bag. If he retrieved it from the basement and fiddled with the gun prior to "suicide", then his DNA should have been found on both, no?? (iirc, DM said in his interview that there had been a gun in a bag in the basesment).

DM's DNA on the gun was undeniable but there was also trace DNA that could not be determined as well.

The Lululemon bag was not seized at the scene. Just the gun. :confused:

Documents submitted at Dellen Millard's first-degree murder trial show there is a one in five quadrillion chance that the DNA found on the handle of the gun that killed Millard's father, Wayne, belongs to anyone else but Dellen Millard himself.

The documents also show that a second DNA profile was found on the gun, but it was of such a low amount that it wasn't suitable for any sort of testing.

DNA tests link Dellen Millard to alleged murder weapon in father's death | CBC News

Last edited:
It was on Social Media

Then I'm sure it's the old story about the guy looking for the other WM. It was actually me I believe who first found and posted that ancestry request. All of the info about that can be found in the original WM thread if it's still available.

ETA: I stand corrected, it was actually matou who first posted about it. Here is the thread. The Death of Wayne Millard

DM's DNA on the gun, the gun itself, cell phone pings placing him there, no alibi.... what else?

ETA: money as motive, of course!

My thoughts as well. I mentioned that on the last court day that if Southerlands testimony is thrown out, we still have DM’s DNA on the gun. And Not one print belonging to WM. I don’t think people committing suicide worry about prints. There’d be at least something somewhere on the gun from WM if he actually touched it.

Well he tried for an Alibi but failed miserably at it!

I dunno but I’ll be surprised if DM isn’t found guilty.

JMO

After weeks of cross-examining Crown witnesses, Millard's lawyer announced Friday that he will not call any defence witnesses.

That means Millard will not testify in his own defence.

Now, the trial moves into its final stages, with closing submissions coming on Monday.

The Crown will go first, followed by the defence.

It's expected the judge will then reserve her judgment for a later date.

Key Crown witness evidence thrown out at Dellen Millard murder trial | CBC News

DM's DNA on the gun, the gun itself, cell phone pings placing him there, no alibi.... what else?

Time of death lining up with the pings, lying about the whereabouts of Pedo, asking officer if it was a "revolver" he found, at least one officer admitting he was suspicious but stopped due to hierarchy of coroner having authority...

Remember, the judge that disallowed the expert testimony is the same judge that will be deciding Millards fate. The testimony was far from perfect and definitely could have been grounds for appeal. Perhaps the judge feels that the testimony is not crucial to her decision, in that she feels he is guilty regardless. I know that I was convinced he was guilty long before I heard that testimony. Disallowing it does nothing to change my opinion.

Yes, I believe on the TV show "bones" the silly experiments they do in the lab aren't admissible, but does lead them to further assumptions that lead to the conviction.

What?? Does anyone know what the housekeeper said in her statement, details about the dna on the gun (what type of dna, where on the gun).

I'm still going with he did it based on the fact that there are no usable fingerprints on the gun. I'm sure if he was going to kill himself that gun would be covered with his fingerprints. You would think he would pick it up, possibly think about things for at least a couple seconds (most people its more like minutes -sometimes hours), position the gun (by the sounds of it, it wasn't an easy shot to pull off), pull the trigger. All of this and not one useable print. No buying it. Somebody wiped that gun down. DM or MB one of them.

DM didn't watch enough TV shows where they put the weapon in the person's hand to get the prints put on it! He goofed.

Same here... I have been reading along silently and not as intently as the previous 2 hearings.
I am not getting a very good feeling about this one though. Looking forward to next weeks closing statements and see what happens.

I agree. I see a gross incompetence on the part of the Toronto Police Service and I feel that a precedent against the Toronto Police needs to be established. As for DM, he will not get getting out of prison. So I would take the not guilty instead to keep Toronto Police in check.

Plus the speed with which DM was ready to dismantle Millardair and fire staff, within days of his father's death, which certainly suggests pre-planning. And, if the cell-phone and taxi evidence that he was at Maplegate is sound, the fact that he never mentioned that in his witness statement to the police (which was, I think, why the Crown scored one victory in not letting Pillay have it dismissed.) Whether all of that is proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt I don't know - it's clear and convincing evidence but may not meet the standard in a criminal case. And there's no onus on the accused to explain any of these discrepancies.

If it's any consolation, and if DM isn't found guilty and does inherit whatever is left of the estate, I think the civil action against him and MS has a better chance of succeeding than against the other parties (MB and CN.) So, he may be left doing a lot of time (!) without the comforts that having access to funds might otherwise have bought him.

Plus the speed with which DM was ready to dismantle Millardair and fire staff, within days of his father's death, which certainly suggests pre-planning. And, if the cell-phone and taxi evidence that he was at Maplegate is sound, the fact that he never mentioned that in his witness statement to the police (which was, I think, why the Crown scored one victory in not letting Pillay have it dismissed.) Whether all of that is proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt I don't know - it's clear and convincing evidence but may not meet the standard in a criminal case. And there's no onus on the accused to explain any of these discrepancies.

If it's any consolation, and if DM isn't found guilty and does inherit whatever is left of the estate, I think the civil action against him and MS has a better chance of succeeding than against the other parties (MB and CN.) So, he may be left doing a lot of time (!) without the comforts that having access to funds might otherwise have bought him.
It does not look good that he will be convicted. The people that were at the crime scenes messed up and touched things etc.
At least he is not getting out of prison for the rest of his life, even if not convicted.
It is sad that Wayne Millard may not get justice.
In the court of public opinion, everyone knows he did kill his father. When I heard about the gun belonging to DM, he made up an alibi and that people who knew Wayne Millard did not think he would commit suicide, in my view, it was not suicide.
It is regrettable if DM is not charged with the murder, and so angry at the people who arrived and moved things.
I hope that the families of the victims will get access to any assets that SOB has.

So DM will not be putting on a defence in the third and final murder trial of his killing spree. Interesting considering all the defence planning and scheming he was doing in those letters. So once again, he'll rely on the closing statement to weave his fairy tale, even though it is not admissible as evidence to be considered.

MOO
His fairy tale will be as good as the one MS told about the mystical forest where he buried the gun. When I heard MS tell that story I knew without a doubt he was guilty and a participant in Tim Bosma s murder.

lies, ie hadn't seen his dad since yesterday's meeting - but yet phone records proved him at the house in the early morning at the time of WM's death (why lie if you're not guilty?)

Perhaps the joking about the bag is not that WM would re-use the bag but where it came from initially. I believe in abro's book she said DM and JS would meet up for yoga. Wasn't he also doing yoga in prison? JS was a dancer. IMO there is a Lululemon store in Oakville. Probably not open after 9 pm on the night of the murder, but seems perhaps DM would have shopped there with JS rather than on his own or the bag came perhaps from her. This is speculation of course, but Lululemon is mostly known for yoga type clothing although I understand they have other stuff too. It is the red logo people identified. Dark Ambition

As for shooting, I think he might have lined it up with the nose and being ambidextrous could have used any hand. Just lucky he didn't have the bullet ricochet and shoot himself. I've taken the photo of ISHO with a gun to the eye and flipped it as though he is sleeping and using a left hand. photo from http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/matthew-ward-jackson
Yes, so with that photo now on its side so that he is lying down, put the gun upside down, and pull the trigger with the thumb.. pretty awkward positioning, huh?

ETA: oh and also, tuck the right hand under the face and have the right arm kind of inhibiting the left arm's range of motion. yup.

Yes, I hope there are a few media outlets sending reporters on Monday and that everyone is tweeting everything they hear in those closing statements. We should get a clearer picture of the Crown's case then.
Any WSers planning to attend?

-the rather telling text to MS afterwards.. seemingly thankful for having provided his alibi
-the only child's lack of emotion at his dad's death, let alone having been the one to find him
-the calling of other people (mom and AM for sure that we know of) and NOT 911 (how could he have been certain the man was dead, shouldn't he have been in somewhat of a hurry just in case there was a chance EMS could save him?)
-the leaving behind of his credit card for MS/MM's use
-the leaving behind of a second cellphone (it would be interesting to know if it was that cellphone from which the call was made to PizzaPizza?? was that determined during testimony??)
-the taking of a cab, but yet even if it was at the time when DM had his drivers license suspended, he was still said to have been driving (he drove MM/MS home the next day, presuming also that he drove his own vehicle to Maplegate, but not sure about that one)
-the only time ever, that DM had spent the night at MS's house, per MM's testimony - why that night?
-the too-many-details about trivial things during his police statement, but yet leaving out important details (such as.. oh, btw, that gun is mine, I'm sorry to say.. )
-the apparent repeated telling of WM's alcoholism to all of the EMS and police workers that night, seemingly wanting to ensure that this was put forward as a main consideration in the death (wouldn't he want to know first, by allowing officers to do their own jobs, if perhaps his dad may have been murdered by an intruder through the unlocked bedroom exterior door?)

I agree. I see a gross incompetence on the part of the Toronto Police Service and I feel that a precedent against the Toronto Police needs to be established. As for DM, he will not get getting out of prison. So I would take the not guilty instead to keep Toronto Police in check.
I honestly feel the crown was given a budget to work with on this case, meaning no money for forensic experts. Seems like they got the cheapest expert available and threw him in there. These trials have cost taxpayers a fortune, he's already gonna be in jail for life, so why break the bank on this.

I honestly feel the crown was given a budget to work with on this case, meaning no money for forensic experts. Seems like they got the cheapest expert available and threw him in there. These trials have cost taxpayers a fortune, he's already gonna be in jail for life, so why break the bank on this.
I have to admit that unfortunately, I was wondering about the same type of thing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail