GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
?
The father of a boy who died from suicide is running in a suicide prevention marathon....

Not sure what's the issue?

My apologies I misread it and thought it was Michelle carters father. My nephew (19) just lost a good friend to suicide so I would never consider that a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My apologies I misread it and thought it was Michelle carters father. My nephew (19) just lost a good friend to suicide so I would never consider that a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay, I figured it had to be a misunderstanding, because I've read your posts for years and stuff so I was like uh that doesn't seem right....

:loveyou:

Scoop: Coming up on 20/20 on ABC - Saturday, May 12
"20/20" features an hour on this unprecedented case and the events leading up to Roy's tragic death. Correspondent Deborah Roberts, who followed the case closely, was in Taunton, Massachusetts, as Carter received her sentence. The report also includes text messages between Carter and Roy, recordings of what Carter told police and interviews with those who knew Carter, Roy and others who were involved in the case. "20/20" airs on Saturday, May 12 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC.

UGH I have no TV or desktop at the moment!!! Just this little tablet which I am having problems with.
Is this a repeat, wasn't there something already shown on it???

UGH I have no TV or desktop at the moment!!! Just this little tablet which I am having problems with.
Is this a repeat, wasn't there something already shown on it???

Rebroadcast. ABC OAD: 8/4/17 so it may have been posted back then.

I did not see it then either!!
If you watch it please post to what it says.

One thing I didn't previously know. Early on in their text messaging about his suicidal thoughts Conrad told Michelle via text (paraphrased from memory of photo of text aired on 20/20) that the only way he would hate her is if she told anyone about his feeling suicidal. I think Conrad told her that shortly after they began texting each other.

Conrad warning her that he would hate her if she told anyone changes things for me.

One thing I didn't previously know. Early on in their text messaging about his suicidal thoughts Conrad told Michelle via text (paraphrased from memory of photo of text aired on 20/20) that the only way he would hate her is if she told anyone about his feeling suicidal. I think Conrad told her that shortly after they began texting each other.

Conrad warning her that he would hate her if she told anyone changes things for me.

Didn't change anything for me. Early on they texted that way about it but They weren't actual real time lovers. They were texting only AFAIK.
After a while I just think she got tired of his speaking of suicide and selfishly saw a way to use his illness to her advantage and garner attention and sympathy for it. She had already been lying to others in messages as he was going through it. She was already setting up all the attention and sympathy thus her criminal act of using her influence and his perceived love for her to gain control over it and "ordered" him back into the truck even though he changed his mind.
She lost all empathy and concern when she decided to help him research it and go through with it.
She lost the one valuable very last chance to help him when she decided to order him back in rather than call 911.
She could have let 911 know "he's doing it right now he's been texting me we were talking and I heard him choking."

Nothing like that entered her choices at that time let alone the times she was goading him to get it done, etc. Then the coldness of lying to her family even while she knew he was already dead. She immediately began garnering attention toward herself.

JMO

Didn't change anything for me. Early on they texted that way about it but They weren't actual real time lovers. They were texting only AFAIK.
After a while I just think she got tired of his speaking of suicide and selfishly saw a way to use his illness to her advantage and garner attention and sympathy for it. She had already been lying to others in messages as he was going through it. She was already setting up all the attention and sympathy thus her criminal act of using her influence and his perceived love for her to gain control over it and "ordered" him back into the truck even though he changed his mind.
She lost all empathy and concern when she decided to help him research it and go through with it.
She lost the one valuable very last chance to help him when she decided to order him back in rather than call 911.
She could have let 911 know "he's doing it right now he's been texting me we were talking and I heard him choking."

Nothing like that entered her choices at that time let alone the times she was goading him to get it done, etc. Then the coldness of lying to her family even while she knew he was already dead. She immediately began garnering attention toward herself.

JMO

I agree with your statements. I also believe the outcome of the trial is correct. What changed for me is my thoughts about her being a cold hearted monster. All along it has been obvious she craved attention and being liked. He told her he would hate her if she told anyone two whole years before he died. I now believe he really did beat her down mentally with his constant talk of wanting to die.

I hadn't seen images of those early texts until they were shown briefly on the 20/20 episode, but there they were in black and white. Conrad insisting there was no hope of recovery with every suggestion of treatment Michelle offered. I really think he convinced her there was no other option and once he realized he had in fact convinced her, he started having second thoughts because I don't think he ever really believed Michelle would agree with him. They were a toxic combination because of their age and mental health illnesses. Conrad was drawn to her because she listened and was probably the only person who allowed him to continue speaking about how he wanted to die.

What she did was totally wrong and reprehensible, however once Conrad exited the truck he had the choice to hang up on her and call 911 himself or listen to her and get back in the truck.

I agree with Steleheart on this.

I do believe Michelle's little life would have continued on even if Conrad did hate her. The only problem is if that happened then she would garner zero attention.

https://www./4920965/parker-hogan-n...-roommate-commit-suicide-charged-with-aiding/

I was checking to see if there were any updates and came across this article which is comparing it to Michelle's actions. Other than that I did not see anything recent.

https://www.*************/4920965/p...-roommate-commit-suicide-charged-with-aiding/

I was checking to see if there were any updates and came across this article which is comparing it to Michelle's actions. Other than that I did not see anything recent.
Well that one didn't connect - must not be allowed by WS.
If it's Inquis itr then it came from this MSM source

Plymouth teen charged in connection with roommate's suicide

ETA : Also NH man allegedly helped with his roommate's suicide

Last edited:
Mr. Roy is remarkably brave and motivated by great compassion.

I imagine he may feel a little bit of healing from the Boston Marathon. I wish him healing, strength and love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member