Found Deceased Canada - Dan Archbald, 37, & Ryan Daley, 43, Ucluelet, Bc, 16 May 2018

Wife of missing B.C. sailor turns to psychics as she holds out hope | CBC News

That's the thing though. Anything is possible. Dan's wife did know though that they arrived at Ucluelet. So who knows who K.C. was speaking with on his cell?

A friend of Dan's said that Dan spoke with his wife during the 3 days they were docked and he told her their plans to go to Ryan's property to surf. Dan's wife mentions the phone call as well.

News articles such as the one (above) state that Dan had been in touch with his wife after they docked.

Excerpt from above news article:

"Even when I last spoke to him, he seemed really well rested and happy. Just excited," she said. "I have no idea what's gone on. That's just really trying to piece the puzzle together."

"Bliss said Archbald and Daley were looking for a ride from Ucluelet to Jordan River, located by car about 350 kilometres south. Daley lived at Jordan River."

"Who did they get a ride with? That's the real question," she said. "That's where it ends."

Wife of missing B.C. sailor turns to psychics as she holds out hope | CBC News

That's the thing though. Anything is possible. Dan's wife did know though that they arrived at Ucluelet. So who knows who K.C. was speaking with on his cell?

A friend of Dan's said that Dan spoke with his wife during the 3 days they were docked and he told her their plans to go to Ryan's property to surf. Dan's wife mentions the phone call as well.

News articles such as the one (above) state that Dan had been in touch with his wife after they docked.

Excerpt from above news article:

"Even when I last spoke to him, he seemed really well rested and happy. Just excited," she said. "I have no idea what's gone on. That's just really trying to piece the puzzle together."

"Bliss said Archbald and Daley were looking for a ride from Ucluelet to Jordan River, located by car about 350 kilometres south. Daley lived at Jordan River."

"Who did they get a ride with? That's the real question," she said. "That's where it ends."

My apologies, I was not aware that they had spoken since returning.
However, it still does not sit right with me. Eight weeks is a long time for a Father and a Husband to be away from his family. Archbald said they were going surfing after this time????

As someone who lives on the island I can say this actually makes good sense. It is a long journey from Squamish to Jordan river. The ferry seems like it would just be a quick ride over but it isn’t. So if they’d already been away for 8 weeks, adding a few extra days to go the property and surf before getting back to real life doesn’t seem out of the norm at all.

I can see the extended number of days both ways.

Tacking on a few extra days to unwind after 8 weeks of sailing and then packing/closing up the boat.

Sailing can be extremely tiring as it's so physical (ropes, masts, jibs).

Navigating and reading charts is also mentally tiring.

Maybe he thought - well I'm here now what's two more days to unwind and refresh.

I would also be missing my family terribly and a few days is a long time for children who miss their Dad.

Last edited:
I am assuming that LE as of today has not released the identities of the two human remains or at least not publicly. Its odd that LE didn't release the sex/gender of the two bodies. Maybe the bodies were too badly decomposed or want to withhold that information for investigative purposes.
I am hoping by this weekend that there will be some confirmation one way or another.

As someone who lives on the island I can say this actually makes good sense. It is a long journey from Squamish to Jordan river. The ferry seems like it would just be a quick ride over but it isn’t. So if they’d already been away for 8 weeks, adding a few extra days to go the property and surf before getting back to real life doesn’t seem out of the norm at all.
Perhaps, that may be the case however, if one is tired, and been away from all the comforts, and loved ones, home is the destination in normal situations. I wish that they had have went home.

I apologize for going OT. It’s taking forever to post and I’m getting a lot of black screen. Is it me or is it you? You, being I have no idea. Lol

I was getting black areas over the forum the other day and it cleared up after I cleared my cache. Have you tried that?

I wish that they had have went home.
I think family and friends are likely experiencing this 100 times more strongly, their suffering is unimaginable.

From the latest article, Dan and his wife were mountain climbers. The climbers I have known are completely self-reliant, depending on their own competence, stamina and skills to stay alive. They go off for months at a time on expeditions. It's not a lifestyle everyone would choose, but it is perfectly legitimate and pretty common on the west coast, and Dan's wife and other family were likely completely accustomed to it.

In the midst of this tragedy, the community has reached out to Dan's family with such deep and heartwarming compassion:

Excerpt from news article (below):

"Friends, family and the community are stepping up to help her and the couple's children.

"A Go Fund Me campaign "Crisis Fund! Leah, Josie and Olive," was launched within the last few weeks to raise money for Bliss and her daughters."

"Other community members have come forward to organize a fundraiser at The Joinery on Friday, July 20 from 7:30 p.m. to midnight for a silent auction and night of food and socializing."

"A friend of the couple has designed his own birthday celebration this Saturday as a fundraiser, requesting guests donate for for catered evening celebration. "

"Still, others are coming together as a group of friends to help formulate a longer-term financial plan for Bliss and her children."

Wife of missing man tries to financially buoy family in the wake of tragic loss

Agreed! Or even for the family to come to him?
As someone who lives on Vancouver Island, I don't think most people realize how big of an expense it is to take the car ferry from the mainland.
$100 each way, plus passengers, plus gas, plus the time off.
The drive from Nanaimo to Ucluelet is also at least 3 maybe 4 hours, and there is road construction right now.
Getting to Jordan River also requires driving back down the opposite side of the island in a big loop.
I live on the Island and these are trips I wouldn't do unless I was planning on staying overnight.

Hold on a second ya'll…

The media reported DAN contacted an XGF for a ride??? (And so maybe she sent someone else???)

And it just hit me that it is Dan with a wife and kids at home waiting for him, maybe poor reporting BUT if not...…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. WHAT is up with THAT???

ETA: Did this detail of phoning an X come by way of phone records???

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back