GUILTY CO - Rita Gutierrez-Garcia, 34, found deceased, Longmont, 18 March 2018 *ARREST*

‘Hope For Justice’: Missing Woman’s Family Searches For Answers

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/05/09/rita-gutierrez-garcia-missing-woman-longmont/

From the above link:

"The investigators said they needed help from the public to find Rita and that they know someone out there has information about what happened.

“I just want to ask again. I’m begging anybody who knows. There are a lot of people who know. There’s a lot of talk… I just want to ask people who do know to just be courageous. And be a good person… it’s not fair for someone to keep information like this,” Jessica Romero said."

Also from the above link:

""We searched Roger's Grove [park], and Golden Ponds," said Satur. "That was based on some early work in the investigation we've also searched the mountain area west of town up into the foothills that was just based on hunches and speculation and trying to figure out if we were going to dispose of a body where would we look.""

"While police can't specifically say what information they still need, they believe some people are staying silent on the issue.

"We believe that there are people in the community who know about Rita's disappearance," Dougherty said.

If someone is afraid of retribution for other criminal activity, Dougherty encouraged them to still come forward and at least have a conversation with police, as this is "an extremely important case."

Dougherty couldn't say whether his office would pursue murder charges if a suspect was arrested without the discovery of a body. The district attorney's office would need enough evidence to prove the charge, he said, and right now the police do not have enough.

"We recently formed a cold case unit," he said. "... Let's not let Rita's name end up on that list.""

Longmont police believe Rita Gutierrez-Garcia is dead, have ID'd 'person of interest'
Reward offered for information leading to woman's recovery, suspect's arrest
http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_31859056/rita-gutierrez-garcia-no-longer-alive

"Police have a "person of interest" in the case, but need more information to make an arrest, Satur said. They have interviewed a number of suspects and eliminated many of them.

Satur said police know where the person of interest is, but wouldn't release more information. The person is not an imminent danger to the community, he said.

Police are confining their search for Gutierrez-Garcia to Longmont at this time, though they have conducted searches in mountain areas and the foothills previously."

http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_31859056/rita-gutierrez-garcia-no-longer-alive

"No threat to the community" always gets me. I know it's generally because a) it was a specific crime against a specific person for a specific reason and not random, b) the POI is under surveillance, or c) the POI is incarcerated under some other charge - so yeah, they aren't really a threat to the community at large, but it's rare that I feel relieved when I'm told that there's a potential killer somewhere out there that hasn't been arrested. I guess that's pretty much always the case for anywhere at anytime, though, if I've learned anything from following these sorts of cases. :(

"No threat to the community" always gets me. I know it's generally because a) it was a specific crime against a specific person for a specific reason and not random, b) the POI is under surveillance, or c) the POI is incarcerated under some other charge - so yeah, they aren't really a threat to the community at large, but it's rare that I feel relieved when I'm told that there's a potential killer somewhere out there that hasn't been arrested. I guess that's pretty much always the case for anywhere at anytime, though, if I've learned anything from following these sorts of cases. :(

I agree. There are a lot of people that are guilty of murder but there isn't always enough evidence for a jury to convict the person. Yes murder can be random but that doesn't mean the person won't commit another crime. Some people are arrogant and think since they didn't get charged with a major crime then they are above the law.

My personal opinion is that the POI has fled the country and no longer a threat to the community in that way. We'll see.

Evidence in Rita Gutierrez-Garcia case sent to CBI

"In an email to the Longmont City Council and the mayor May 9, Department of Public Safety Chief Mike Butler said that the "lull in information" in the case was because police were waiting for CBI to analyze crime scene evidence.

Deputy Chief Jeff Satur confirmed that evidence was submitted to CBI for the case, but he wouldn't say what items were submitted or whether police have received the results.

Satur said they're being careful with information because they don't want to harm "the integrity of the investigation.""

Bumping for Rita. I have a feeling this will come to a close soon I hope. I have an awful feeling, but I provided what I was given months back...and it seems to be related. I hope they find her, and her family gets closure.

No doubt since day 1 this is our guy, JF, moo, jmo, IMO.

Now what did he do with this pretty mother of three? Could she be anywhere between here and Mexico? Timeline crosscheck needed for disposal analysis/options, moo. Please assist!

Longmont man accused of strangling, sexually assaulting woman to enter plea

Rita is mentioned in article:

“The Speakeasy was one of the bars that Rita Gutierrez-Garcia went to on St. Patrick's Day before she went missing. Longmont police would not comment on whether they are looking at a connection between the cases. When asked if they could say there is no connection, they reiterated that they weren't commenting on the investigation.“

Last edited:
Furthermore im assuming LE havs his pings...Could Tim Miller possibly assist here,pending secret info from LE? No doubt IMo JF killed Rita during a SA Moo. He went to Mexico and they caught him coming backing in, right? So, did he dispose of her before or on his way to Mexico? Or is she close by to last seen? Where did the SA take place? We need to look at time line. Moo.

Where are you Rita?

So imo JF is a RAT, TK, JW, BSL the list goes on and on, again, IMO ZERO doubt this is our guy. And he’s obviously not talking.

Her 3 little kids need her found. They need a place to pay their respects. How can we help find her remains?

Longmont man accused of strangling, sexually assaulting woman to enter plea

-what did this Sick you know what (begins with “F”) do with Rita??

-he appears to be the worst of the worst, moo. What else has he done?

Last edited:
OMG, so I think he has done this many times. Definitely a serial rapist...but maybe a serial killer as well? Are there other women missing in the area?

So sad. Poor Rita and her kids and family.

The woman in the article is so brave and smart. I'm so glad she got out of there. Unfortunately, I think others didn't make it bc he was more aggressive with them?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back