LA La - Carrol Fischer, 30, New Orleans, 12 June 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Carrol Fisher, 30, was last seen at his home in the 3400 block of Esplanade Avenue around 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 12th. Fisher called the woman who reported him missing and told her he was leaving an electronics store and heading to an unknown Walmart. Fisher texted the woman around 1:30 p.m. and said he was at the Walmart store. Fisher never returned home and the reporting person told police that his phone is turned off.

Fisher was driving a gray 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara with Louisiana license plate #838ATE.

Police seek public’s assistance in finding man missing from Bayou St. John neighborhood

carroll-fisher_crop-e1529322168988.jpg

I wish we knew more. Who reported him missing? Did he usually check in at each stop? Why wait five days to report? I know the police often want to wait when an adult goes missing, but if he indicated he was on his way home (hypothetically) and never showed, that might move the case up the priority ladder, don’t you think? Had he ever left without a word before? Any recent bouts of anxiety or depression? So many unknowns.

Fortunately, Mr. Impastato was found safe today. Disoriented and under evaluation.

Missing man from Slidell found in N.O., STPSO says

Quoting myself. I saw the “found safe” but no article. I think I may have created the confusion. Someone upthread stated that Carrol Fisher was the second man to go missing from this general area within a few days. I provided a link that the other man, Sal Impastato, was found safe. As far as I know, Carrol Fisher is still missing. My apologies.

Yes, his name is Carroll (2 l's) "Chip" Fischer (with a "c"), so we probably need to get it changed. I will try to alert my post, if I can.

My sister in law just contacted me for help/ guidance on this. She is friend's with the sister of Chip. He's been missing for quite a while! I sent them the missing person's resources link and asked some questions, but my sis-in-law didn't know all the answers. Hopefully, the family will use the resources and might come here for some input or guidance. That's a long time to be missing! Especially without the word being out very much until now. To make things worse, he was supposedly in Jefferson Parish but lives in Orleans Parish, so I have a feeling crossing parish lines could be an issue with who this case belongs to.

Good news is he is in a car. I always say people are easier to find in a car. And Louisiana has license plate readers. So maybe...???!!!

Orleans and Jefferson Parishes are working together on this. I have no source to cite, but I read that the "WM call" came from Metairie, LA which is on the east bank of Jefferson Parish bounded by the Mississippi River and Lake Ponchartain, Orleans Parish and Kenner, a small city. If that is true, then the WM would be on Veterans Memorial Hwy. close to the city of Kenner, farthest away from Orleans Parish. It is a very low-crime area and especially so in the middle of the day. It is a very commercial area with lots of people everywhere.

By now, LE knows if he was at a WM, they have pinged his phone and know where he was until his phone died. There are cameras everywhere, even traffic cameras that read license plates. I am 100% sure they have tracked his movements or at least those of his vehicle in some of the cameras.

The story made the local news and papers.

From his fb page, I think he was a member of an online garage sale page for Metairie/Kenner. Was he trying to sell or buy something?

I am curious why there is nothing from the police! Nothing. Not a last seen official report. Not even a police contact number on the flyer. I know the news report says nopd states..... but there is no number to contact. That's why I'm wondering who us in charge of the investigation.

I was trying not to put it out there too soon, but it seems he has been arrested several times over the past couple of years. I can't seem to find the charge for the most recent one, but it looks like it was 4-10-18, being released on 4-13-18. I can't link on the phone, but I will do it later. I know the earlier charges looked like it was from Oxycontin Possession. Can anyone find the current charges? It seems ironic that it was almost exactly 60 days from the release. I'm wondering if he isn't in jail somewhere and no one knows. That's next.... try to check the parish rosters.

Orleans and Jefferson Parishes are working together on this. I have no source to cite, but I read that the "WM call" came from Metairie, LA which is on the east bank of Jefferson Parish bounded by the Mississippi River and Lake Ponchartain, Orleans Parish and Kenner, a small city. If that is true, then the WM would be on Veterans Memorial Hwy. close to the city of Kenner, farthest away from Orleans Parish. It is a very low-crime area and especially so in the middle of the day. It is a very commercial area with lots of people everywhere.

By now, LE knows if he was at a WM, they have pinged his phone and know where he was until his phone died. There are cameras everywhere, even traffic cameras that read license plates. I am 100% sure they have tracked his movements or at least those of his vehicle in some of the cameras.

The story made the local news and papers.

From his fb page, I think he was a member of an online garage sale page for Metairie/Kenner. Was he trying to sell or buy something?
I am a member of that page and the last thing I saw was in 2017 some time. It was always big things he was selling. I will go directly to the group and search.

I can see the release on vinelink from 4-13-18 from St. Tammany. I saw the arrest date as 4-10 somewhere else. I still haven't been able to see the charges. And the past ones were in Orleans, so I get the feeling these are new charges, not just ongoing issue in a parish.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-06-22-22-35-30.png
    Screenshot_2018-06-22-22-35-30.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 14
LE would have checked all the jail intakes already.

Oxy. Well, that opens up a whole 'nother bag of possibilities. Dealers, buyers and thieves of both.

LE would have checked all the jail intakes already.

Oxy. Well, that opens up a whole 'nother bag of possibilities. Dealers, buyers and thieves of both.

Well, you would hope. But I am definitely of the opinion that you should check everything yourself. I have a very sweet spot for the nopd, as I am friends with several and dated one that will always have a big part of my heart. But, they have very big jobs. I followed a case here of Shade Sanguis and his family searched for him for a 6 weeks, I think? He was in the morgue. Where they checked several times. But he was there for weeks. So, there is never harm in checking out whatever resources you can for yourself. That's my opinion.

Well, you would hope. But I am definitely of the opinion that you should check everything yourself. I have a very sweet spot for the nopd, as I am friends with several and dated one that will always have a big part of my heart. But, they have very big jobs. I followed a case here of Shade Sanguis and his family searched for him for a 6 weeks, I think? He was in the morgue. Where they checked several times. But he was there for weeks. So, there is never harm in checking out whatever resources you can for yourself. That's my opinion.

Seems it would be easy to check on any John Does in the morgue. There aren't that many that come in as JDs with zero ID and I haven't heard of a man's body being found for a long time, so probably no JDs at all.

I now it can happen, but that WM is a busy place - especially in the middle of the day. I do not think he disappeared from there, if he did, I would look for his car to be in St. Charles Parish. Just a thought.

I don't think he's a John doe. But shade was and had a metal rod in his ankle, so was easy to identify. And they were still told he wasn't there. His thread isn't long. The read is quite shocking.

Anyway, I think that his license plate and car are key. They can check and see it was picked up by any plate readers. I would like to know if the police have given the family solid information. Was he lsst seen by bayou st john or walmart in kenner, according to police? And is the family clear who they are supossed to be working with. I am definitely not clear who I would call, if I had information. So, why aren't the police asking for information? It's all a little strange. Unless they know more. Unless they are looking for him for reasons other than being reported missing.

His sister is now updating the Missing Poster information. His car was last seen at the intersection of Bullard and Haynes. This is big back and forth across the city and I am going to put it out there that this is an area of pretty high crime. I am thinking the license plate readers have placed him that way. I have no idea if that was the same day or a week later, so we don't have a timeline for him. She is also saying "NOPD", so it seems that is the department she is working with. I know his family must be terrified!

I hate to say this, but New Orleans East (where his car was last seen) is kind of the home of burned cars. It is possible that they might have to be looking for a burned car. I really hope not, for both tracking and safety reasons. I want to know when the car was in New Orleans East. I am concerned about him, with that new info. Whether he is there on his own or if he was harmed and his car was taken there, both are pointing to imminent danger.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back