GUILTY TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #3 *Arrests*

Any updates on pending trials? I haven’t seen anything, but has anyone else heard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Any updates on pending trials? I haven’t seen anything, but has anyone else heard?

This is all I have:

January, no date set:
*DWI Hearing - TX - Zuzu Verk (21) (Oct. 12, 2016) - for Chris Estrada (28) on DWI & Evading charges; will either enter plea or court date will be set for these charges; Atty appeared in court 12/15, no resolution, maybe in January.
Chris (re Zuzu) has 2 counts of tampering w/physical evidence/corpse & tampering with evidence jury selection on May 15th and trial date set for May 21, 2018

*Pretrial Hearing - TX - Zuzu Verk (21) (Oct. 12, 2016) - Robert Fabian (26) accused of 1st degree murder / filed motion for change of venue. 10/14 Update: Robert Fabian's hearing was called off & rescheduled (no date) defense asked for change of venue-continuance of this motion. Wait for update on Robert to move. No update as of 10/30 A pretrial hearing for Robert Fabian was scheduled for the morning of Wednesday, November 8, 2017. However, the judge in the case decided to continue the hearing, pushing it back to a later date. That date has not been determined at this time.
11/8/17 hearing was postponed, no further dates given; no update as of 12/3/17.
Atty appeared on 12/15/17, 2 motions were granted - change of venue & the agreement with Chris Estrada in regards to his testimony and the arrest and conviction records on any state witnesses will be released.
A trial date has not been set at this time. Return in January.
12/22/17 - Trial moved to Caldwell County

So something was "supposed" to happen for Fabian in January. :dunno:

Change of venue requested for suspect in Zuzu Verk murder case http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Change-of-venue-requested-for-suspect-in-Zuzu-Verk-murder-case.html

BREWSTER CO. -- The Brewster County District Clerk's office confirmed to CBS 7 that Chris Estrada, one of the suspects in the Zuzu Verk murder case, has requested a change of venue back on March 5.

The District Clerk's office says that a judge has not yet made a decision on the motion.

You'll remember that the other suspect in the case, Robert Fabian, was granted a change of venue by a Judge back in August 2017.

CBS 7 spoke with the Caldwell County District Clerk, who said the trial date for Fabian is set for July 23.

Prior to that, Fabian's pre-trial date is set for June 22.

Both Fabian and Estrada were arrested and charged with murder in February 2017 after the body of Zuzu Verk was found.

Hey!
Beat me to it SavetheQueen!

FINALLY!!!

JUSTICE for ZUZU!!
:rose:

Oh for Chris - this is what I have:

Tuesday, May 15th:
*Jury Selection begins - TX - Zuzu Verk (21) (Oct. 12, 2016) - for Chris Estrada (28) on 2 counts of tampering w/physical evidence/corpse & tampering w/evidence; pled not guilty, free on bond. DWI & Evading charges; will either enter plea or court date will be set for these charges were on 12/15/17; no outcome as of 1/30/18.
Robert Fabian (26) accused of 1st degree murder; held on 925K bond. Motion for change of venue granted to Caldwell County. Pretrial hearing on June 22, trial to start July 23, 2018.

Monday, May 21st:
*Trial set to begin - TX - Zuzu Verk (21) (Oct. 12, 2016) - for Chris Estrada (28) on 2 counts of tampering with physical evidence/corpse & tampering with evidence; pled not guilty, free on bond. DWI & Evading charges; will either enter plea or court date will be set for these charges were on 12/15/17; no further outcome 1/30/18.
Robert Fabian (26) accused of 1st degree murder; held on 925K bond. Pretrial hearing 6/22, trial to start 7/23.
Motion for change of venue granted to Caldwell County

:judge:

Tuesday, May 15th:
*Jury Selection begins - TX - Zuzu Verk (21) (Oct. 12, 2016) - for Chris Estrada (28) on 2 counts of tampering w/physical evidence/corpse & tampering w/evidence; pled not guilty, free on bond. DWI & Evading charges; will either enter plea or court date will be set for these charges were on 12/15/17; no outcome as of 1/30/18.
Robert Fabian (26) accused of 1st degree murder; held on 925K bond. Motion for change of venue granted to Caldwell County. Pretrial hearing on June 22, trial to start July 23, 2018.

Monday, May 21st:
*Trial set to begin - TX - Zuzu Verk (21) (Oct. 12, 2016) - for Chris Estrada (28) on 2 counts of tampering with physical evidence/corpse & tampering with evidence; pled not guilty, free on bond. DWI & Evading charges; will either enter plea or court date will be set for these charges were on 12/15/17; no further outcome 1/30/18.
Robert Fabian (26) accused of 1st degree murder; held on 925K bond. Pretrial hearing 6/22, trial to start 7/23.

I hadn’t seen this. Good looking out!

In one way, I don’t think there’s anywhere in this state that those two can go that the jury will not be biased. Any that makes me happy.
But then again, they do both need fair trials so there’s zero room for leniency due to technicalities, etc.

Chris Estrada Pleads No Contest in Zuzu Verk Trial
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Chris-Estrada-pleads-no-contest-in-Zuzu-Verk-trial-480379123.html

ALPINE One of the men accused in the death of SUL Ross State University student Zuzu Verk took a plea deal.

The Brewster County Sheriff's Office states that Chris Estrada pleaded no contest this morning in court to charges related to Verk's death.

Judge Roy Ferguson handed down a guilty verdict on a tampering with evidence charge.

Estrada will be sentenced after the conclusion of Robert Fabian's trial. Fabian is the other man accused in Verk's death.

Happy Birthday, ZuZu, and Happy Earth Day. If you were here, you would be celebrating both. We miss your presence on our Earth.

Tuesday, May 15th:

Monday, May 21st:

Bump for Zuzu. Jury selection begins a week from today.

Actually, you must have missed post #688:

on 4/20/18 he plead no contest (guilty) of tampering with evidence; will be sentenced after Fabian trial, which starts July 23rd. A pretrial hearing is set for June 22nd.

I think it’s interesting that he won’t be sentenced until after RF’s trial.

Friday, June 22nd:
*Pretrial Hearing - TX - Zuzu Verk (21) (Oct. 12, 2016) - Robert Fabian (26) indicted (2/6/17) of 1st degree murder, tampering with evidence with or fabricating physical evidence by concealing a human corpse. Plead not guilty. Held on $925K bond.
12/15/17: 2 motions were granted - change of venue & the agreement with Chris Estrada in regards to his testimony and the arrest and conviction records on any state witnesses will be released.
12/22/17: Trial moved to Caldwell County. Trial set to begin July 23rd.

*Chris Estrada (28) charged with 2 counts of tampering with physical evidence/corpse & tampering with evidence; trial date was supposed to be May 21, 2018.

4/20/18: Plead guilty (no contest) to plea deal to 2 counts of tampering with physical evidence/corpse & tampering with evidence. Will be sentenced after Fabian trial.

re: the agreement with Chris Estrada in regards to his testimony and the arrest and conviction records on any state witnesses will be released.

4/20/18: Plead guilty (no contest) to plea deal to 2 counts of tampering with physical evidence/corpse & tampering with evidence. Will be sentenced after Fabian trial.

Does it sound like CE may testify at RF's trial? It kind of seems like it to me. I don't know how it all works, so maybe I'm way off.
re: the sentencing of CE after RF trial conclusion.

Hello stx - yes - CE has to testify at RF's trial - depending upon "what" he says, if I remember correctly - they will sentence him accordingly. I'd have to go back a few threads to find that...

Anyone know "what" happened at the hearing yesterday? I don't get the most recent articles when I search....
animated-smileys-computer-13.gif

Still can't find any recent articles & it costs to get into the court site.

Wondering if Fabian trial is going to happen (finally!!) on July 23rd?

Anyone?

TIA!

Still can't find any recent articles & it costs to get into the court site.

Wondering if Fabian trial is going to happen (finally!!) on July 23rd?

Anyone?

TIA!

I will be pleasantly surprised if the trial starts July 23rd. Less than two years since the murder seems faster than the usual two plus years on so many cases. Here’s hoping!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back