NJ - Sarah Stern, 19, Neptune City, 2 Dec 2016 *Arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they looked for Sarah's body near/or around the buried safe on Sandy Hook. Wonder if they drove "her" car to Sandy Hook with the safe, or Preston's? Did I miss it?

OK, IMO Liam has nothing to bargain with, that would deserve a plea deal. Preston stated that Liam and he threw Sarahs body over the Belmar Bridge. He also shared further details of the 6 month plan to kill Sarah for her money.
For a long time I questioned whether they actually disposed of Sarah's body that way. However, watching Liam on tape at Police station, and his questioning of whether her body would be out to sea by now, makes me believe that's just what the two of them did. Keeping Sarahs's clothing in one of the boxes may just be a "Trophy" for Liam or both. I absolutely believe Liam is a psychopath, and psychopaths can recognize others like them selves. So, what's the bargaining chip?
Will he tell where Sarah's body is? It's been disposed of in the Sea. Will he admit to killing Sarah? The Sterns and others already believe he has. So, what could Liam possibly have to negotiate with that the state would offer him a plea deal? IMO nothing. He's done.

I think in exchange for pleading guilty, they might offer him 30 years. If he were to be found guilty at trial, he could potentially get life. I was thinking maybe his family changed attorneys in hopes that Liam will “come clean” and have a shot at getting out by time he’s 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bumping up - coming up this coming Monday, 6/18! I guess we shall see if he takes that plea deal!

rose-smiley.gif
Justice is coming Sarah!

Monday, June 18th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ ET) - NJ - Sarah Stern (19) (Dec. 2, 2016) - Liam McAtasney (19) indicted (2/2/17) with 1st degree murder, 1st degree robbery, felony murder, conspiracy to commit robbery, disturbing desecrating human remains (2nd degree), tampering with physical evidence & hindering his own apprehension. DA seeks Life.
Today’s hearing LMc has last chance to take plea bargain, otherwise will go to trial on 9/10.
9/18/17: Superior Court Judge Lisa P. Thornton, Monmouth County's ruled no change of venue.
3/26/18: Judge denied to suppress the videotape confession. Potential Trial date Sept. 10th.
His accomplice Preston Taylor (19) faces up to 20 years in state prison and is subject to the No Early Release Act. He pleaded guilty to first-degree robbery, second-degree conspiracy to commit robbery, second-degree distributing or desecrating human remains, two counts of third-degree hindering apprehension and fourth-degree tampering with physical evidence. His sentencing will be adjourned until later in the year, pending McAtasney’s trial. Expected to testify at LMc's trial.

Sarah Stern murder: Defense needs more time to investigate

Over the objection of prosecutors asking for a speedy trial, [Judge] English declined to give [defense attorney] Diaz-Cobo a deadline to turn over the results of his investigation to the state. Instead, he scheduled another conference in the case for July 30.

Monday, July 30th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ ET) - NJ - Sarah Stern (19) (Dec. 2, 2016; not found) - Liam McAtasney (19) indicted (2/2/17) with 1st degree murder, 1st degree robbery, felony murder, conspiracy to commit robbery, disturbing desecrating human remains (2nd degree), tampering with physical evidence & hindering his own apprehension. DA seeks Life.
9/18/17: Superior Court Judge Lisa P. Thornton, Monmouth County's ruled no change of venue. 3/26/18: Judge denied to suppress the videotape confession. Potential Trial date Sept. 15th.
6/18/18: Hearing on 6/18 was supposed to be LMc last chance to take a plea bargain, but… McAtasney's trial was scheduled to start on Sept. 15, but that date will likely be bumped, Monmouth County Superior Court Judge Richard English said. For one, defense attorney Carlos Diaz-Cobo took over from defense attorney Richard Moriarty in March after months of pre-trial motions had already occurred. And with the state's new speedy trial laws, other cases have deadlines that will take precedent. Next hearing 7/30.
His accomplice Preston Taylor (19) faces up to 20 years in state prison and is subject to the No Early Release Act. He pleaded guilty to first-degree robbery, second-degree conspiracy to commit robbery, second-degree distributing or desecrating human remains, two counts of third-degree hindering apprehension and fourth-degree tampering with physical evidence. His sentencing will be adjourned until later in the year, pending McAtasney’s trial. Expected to testify at LMc's trial.

I tried the court site I have bookmarked for Liam, but he doesn't seem to be there anymore??! Anyone have a "good" court site? TIA!

Inmate Search

I tried the court site I have bookmarked for Liam, but he doesn't seem to be there anymore??! Anyone have a "good" court site? TIA!

He's there ....

Inmate Search

INMATE NUMBER LAST NAME FIRST NAME DATE OF BIRTH DATE BOOKED TOTAL BOND
37228 MCATASNEY LIA M 07/29/1997 4/11/2017 $0.00
CHARGE AGENCY CHARGE CHARGE DESCRIPTION COURT CLASS
Neptune City PD 2C:11-3 Murder 1335 1D
Neptune City PD 2C:11-3 Murder 1335 1D
Neptune City PD 2C:29-9 Contempt/Violate Court Order 1335
Neptune City PD 2C:15-1 Robbery 1335

Any news on today's supposed hearing?

Sarah Stern murder: Defense seeks to block testimony of tide expert at trial

FREEHOLD - The man accused of murdering Sarah Stern and throwing her body off the Route 35 bridge is seeking to block an expert in tides from testifying for the state at his upcoming trial.

Liam McAtasney's attorney, Carlos Diaz-Cobo, asked Superior Court Judge Richard W. English to hold a hearing on whether Hugh Roarty, a marine biologist at Rutgers University, can testify as an expert at McAtasney's trial for the murder of his former high school classmate.

English, at a conference in the case on Monday, scheduled a hearing on the matter for Aug. 30.

More....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member