Identified! GA - Macon, WhtMale, 50's, Bald, Goatee/Mustache, Rose tattoos, 8 Jan 2018 - Richard Mitchem

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Unidentified man body to be cremated

MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) -The Macon-Bibb Coroner’s Office has not been able to ID the man who was hit by a car on Pio Nono Avenue near Hightower Road on January 8th.

Coroner Leon Jones says is 5’9, weighs 160 pounds and has a goatee and mustache. Since no relatives have come forward, Coroner Jones says he will get a court order to get the deceased man cremated.
https://www.41nbc.com/2018/01/29/unidentified-man-body-cremated/

Photo of tattoos released as Bibb coroner tries to identify man killed on Pio Nono

cache.php

Two days after an unidentified white man was killed on Macon's Pio Nono Avenue his identity remains a mystery.

Bibb County Coroner Leon Jones released a photo of the deceased man's tattoos in hopes someone will recognize him.

Jones believes the bald man, likely in his 50s, could have been homeless.

He has a gray goatee and tattoos.

On his left chest is a cluster of one large rose and smaller ones around it.

On his left shoulder is a tattoo of a woman's head and bare breasts.

At about 6:45 a.m. Monday in the 2800 block of of Pio Nono, the man was hit by a 1998 Lexus driven by a Milledgeville man who said he did not see the pedestrian crossing the road in the dark.

The man's fingerprints did not match any in the database, Jones said.

The deceased has been known to frequent the Krispy Kreme and Krystal near Hightower Road, close to where he was killed, and the Subway on Eisenhower Parkway across from the back entrance of the old Westgate Mall.

When they say the prints didn't match anyone in the database, I'm assuming that's their database of criminal offenders and not a national database like Namus?

No mention of tattoos, but we do have a male who would now be around 60 (dates/ages in Namus don't make exact sense), who's been missing from Macon since 2007:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5454/

Prints, dentals, and DNA are all on file for him.

look likes the black rose could of been a cover up of something else. looks almost to me like there is a small heart shape in the big rose on the bottom.. also the hair of the woman looks like there was something else there too.. Just my thoughts.. He could of been reported with different tattoos at some point?

The Lost & The Found

I wonder if its this guy.. it mentions a figure with wings and the woman almost looks like she has wings on top.. I wish I could see more of the tattoo

Tried to clean it up. I do see wings, but it's really up for interpretation. Maybe like a Valkyrie???

Attachments

• tattoo8.jpg
    tattoo8.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
When they say the prints didn't match anyone in the database, I'm assuming that's their database of criminal offenders and not a national database like Namus?

No mention of tattoos, but we do have a male who would now be around 60 (dates/ages in Namus don't make exact sense), who's been missing from Macon since 2007:

Missing Person Case

Prints, dentals, and DNA are all on file for him.

They're almost certainly referring to the FBI's fingerprint database, which now includes civilian as well as criminal prints and a greatly improved matching algorithm.

Tried to clean it up. I do see wings, but it's really up for interpretation. Maybe like a Valkyrie???
omg coffeandacig!!! I love your tattoo cleanup gig that you do!!.. Its awesome.. I totally see a Valkyrie.. Or a cover up of something that had wings made into a Valkyrie... seriously I love how you clean them up to try and help figure the images out.. Oh I have to go back and look at some posts tht have tats and let you know them!!.. I am Always trying to figure out the tats!!!

Deputies ask for help locating missing Macon man

Robert Newberry

And according to comments on FB Robert hangs out on Eisenhower Parkway. I can’t get a direct link to the post/comments but I did grab a screen shot. I just googled his name and it came up.

Did I miss something? The UID was hit by a car on January 8 and Robert Newberry's last contact was in March according to his mother.

Thanks Coffeeandacig, much better. Unfortunately I still can't make anything of it. I don't even recognize a chest....oeps. Why did they took the picture from this strange angle? Why not the whole shoulder tattoo? Injuries maybe?

I did send a pm to the missing and tattooed Facebook page, asking if they could post this case on there. It doesn't feel good that this person is going to be cremated without nobody being his advocate. I'm sure the coroner is doing his best, but I think they could have done better. Make a reconstruction for example. What was his eye color, what was the color of his mustache and beard, did he have other marks, scars, what was he wearing etc. And why didn't they made a Namus file?

Last edited:
I did send a pm to the missing and tattooed Facebook page, asking if they could post this case on there. It doesn't feel good that this person is going to be cremated without nobody being his advocate. I'm sure the coroner is doing his best, but I think they could have done better. Make a reconstruction for example. What was his eye color, what was the color of his mustache and beard, did he have other marks, scars, what was he wearing etc. And why didn't they made a Namus file?

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that found his cremation, lack of physical description, good photos of the tattoos, and a Namus profile a bit odd.
And thanks Bit of hope for sending that along to FB!

omg coffeandacig!!! I love your tattoo cleanup gig that you do!!.. Its awesome.. I totally see a Valkyrie.. Or a cover up of something that had wings made into a Valkyrie... seriously I love how you clean them up to try and help figure the images out.. Oh I have to go back and look at some posts tht have tats and let you know them!!.. I am Always trying to figure out the tats!!!

Thanks madamx! You're too kind! I enjoy trying to figure the tattoos out. In this case, those are wings in my opinion. I just don't get their juxtaposition. Since the ink is sooo dark on the woman tat and big rose tat, I wonder if they are coverups?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back