CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
can she testify against him now? is that still a thing? is it state to state? I cant remember..
I wonder if she can have the children, or if she is still in a shelter? Is she alienated from her family? can she recieve protective identity change and go underground?

really, if she knows anything at all, she is always going to have to watch her back because this guy has a vindictive nature as you can see in his car keying video.

even without the delphi murders, this story stands on it's own as a terrifying, careening nightmare of a ride across the country with little kids in the car.

I hope she knows at any time she can still go to the police if she is truly afraid.
Yes, I hope she sees LE is there to protect her and her beautiful children and keep them safe.

All he needs is $200.00 ? then what? the courts need to protect the citizens. I am reading another FBI profiler book and let me tell you..they ALL ( almost all of them) serial killers ,
organized and disorganized..THEY almost all..return to the scene..

one guy would murder ..then pretend to find the body call it in to the police , then race back to his ambulance so he could get the call and go to the scene to retrieve the body thus inserting himself into the crime..in many cases when interviewing SK's , profilers would learn that the suspect had been on the scene when bodies were discovered etc.

I wonder if the FBI has an opinion about DN circling the scene of TW's murder as police were investigating the area.

ticks so many boxes for me.

another box tick is DN's age and how SK's usually have their illness blow up in their 20's and some kind of extreme duress such as a break up ,loss of job, home or other major stressful life event often becomes the catalyst for the first murder, then after that the fantasy takes over and somewhat controls the killer , spurring him to more kills and more enjoyment as they do enjoy it and perfect their craft as they go.

and even if there is no obvious sexual act the serial murder is always sexual and rooted in the sexual.

Friday, June 22nd:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 1pm CT) – for *Marion County - IN – Daniel James Nations (31) - Warrant/Writ issued 5/25/17 (11/17/16): Drug possession, paraphernalia, and driving without a license. Cash bond $200. As of 6/20/18 in custody of Marion County.
In Indiana cases, which is still active:
for Bartholomew County – IN – *Bartholomew Superior Court: 7/14/15: Public Indecency - Fondle The Genitals Of The Def. Or Another Person In A Public Place; Warrant issued (6/5/17), bond set at $5000 or 10% cash. Pending (active). 5/21/18: DL got 90 days in Bartholomew Co jail with credit for 19 days served, and had a compliance hearing 7/20/18.

Plead guilty to charges below on 5/2/18: Warrant/Writ issued 9/29/17 (6/1/17) Johnson Co: Failure to register as a sex offender. Level 6 Felony: It carries a penalty upon conviction of a fixed term between six (6) months and two and one half (1 1/2) years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.00. Cash bail of $200 & Surety of $1000. 9-24-19-2/MA: Driving While Suspended requires a knowing violation and a prior conviction of Sec. 1, 35-48-4-8.3(b)(1)/MC: Possession of Paraphernalia; 35-48-4-11(a)(1)/MB: Possession of Marijuana. $1k Cash only. Will not serve any additional jail time as a result. Officials say he was sentenced to time served for the marijuana charge, no jail time for the driving while suspended charge, and 702 days of probation for the failing to register charge. (DN is considered a NON compliant Sex Offender.) Compliance hearing on Oct. 29th @ 9am
Clear Creek County, CO - Review hearing (2/21/18) for outstanding warrant is for missing a court hearing for failure to appear charge stems from a July 18 arrest alleging he provided false identification to Georgetown police, a misdemeanor. Bond is set at $500; as a condition of his probation (from his plea deal, he must submit to a mental health examination and substance abuse screening and comply with treatment plans required by the custody case.
Teller County, CO - still involved with child custody & dissolution of marriage cases, hearing scheduled for 8/14/18. Per KN FB post she was divorced 6/9/18.
5/2/18: Officials say Nations is now on active probation and has expressed interest in moving back to Colorado, where he was extradited from after allegedly using a hatchet to threaten hikers on a trail.

All he needs is $200.00 ? then what? the courts need to protect the citizens. I am reading another FBI profiler book and let me tell you..they ALL ( almost all of them) serial killers ,
organized and disorganized..THEY almost all..return to the scene..

one guy would murder ..then pretend to find the body call it in to the police , then race back to his ambulance so he could get the call and go to the scene to retrieve the body thus inserting himself into the crime..in many cases when interviewing SK's , profilers would learn that the suspect had been on the scene when bodies were discovered etc.

I wonder if the FBI has an opinion about DN circling the scene of TW's murder as police were investigating the area.

ticks so many boxes for me.

I don't understand the $200 cash bond because he is still in the middle of his 90 days minus 19 days served in BaCo. What's the point of a bond when he has to go back to another jail? It must be a mistake IMO.

MycaseIN update for DN
Hearing Scheduling Activity ---- 6/20/2018 : Sherif Mansour Hearing Scheduling Activity ---- 6/20/2018 : Sherif Mansour Hearing Scheduling Activity ---- 6/20/2018 : Sherif Mansour

06/22/2018
Pretrial Conference
Session:
06/22/2018 1:00 PM, Rescheduled
Session:
06/20/2018 8:30 AM, Rescheduled
Session:
06/22/2018 8:30 AM, Judicial Officer: Hooper, David -MAG
Result:
Commenced and concluded
06/22/2018
Advisement of Rights Conducted
Judicial Officer:
Hooper, David -MAG

06/22/2018
Plea Agreement Filed

Filed Stamp:
06/22/2018
06/22/2018
Motion to Enter Plea Pursuant to Plea Agreement Filed
Filed By:
Nations, Daniel
File Stamp:
06/22/2018
06/22/2018
Order Granting Mot. to Enter Plea Pursuant to Plea Agreement
Order Granting Motion to Enter Plea of Guilty Pursuant to Plea Agreement.
Judicial Officer:
Hooper, David -MAG

Order Signed:
06/22/2018
06/22/2018
Motion to Dismiss Filed
COUNTS 2,3
Filed By:
State of Indiana
File Stamp:
06/22/2018
06/22/2018
Order Granting Motion to Dismiss
Judicial Officer:
Hooper, David -MAG

Order Signed:
06/22/2018
06/22/2018
Judgment
Judicial Officer:
Hooper, David -MAG
01. 35-48-4-11(a)(1)/MB: Possession of Marijuana
• Plea Guilty
02. 35-48-4-8.3(b)(1)/MC: Possession of Paraphernalia
• Dismissed
03. 9-24-18-1/MC: Knowingly or Intentionally Operating Motor Vehicle w/o Ever Receiving a License
• Dismissed
06/22/2018
Sentenced
Judicial Officer:
Hooper, David -MAG
1. 35-48-4-11(a)(1)/MB: Possession of Marijuana
Confinement to Commence: 06/22/2018
County Jail
Term: 180 Days
Jail Credit: 7 Days
Suspended: 166 Days

Shire, he does not have another jail to go back to. It looks like his time in Marion is complete. Two charges dismissed, sentenced to 180 days suspended (probation). So...he has nowhere else to go now. All of his charges are resolved.

Judgment
Judicial Officer:
Hooper, David -MAG
01. 35-48-4-11(a)(1)/MB: Possession of Marijuana
• Plea Guilty
02. 35-48-4-8.3(b)(1)/MC: Possession of Paraphernalia
• Dismissed
03. 9-24-18-1/MC: Knowingly or Intentionally Operating Motor Vehicle w/o Ever Receiving a License
• Dismissed
06/22/2018
Sentenced
Judicial Officer
Hooper, David -MAG
1. 35-48-4-11(a)(1)/MB: Possession of Marijuana
Confinement to Commence: 06/22/2018
County Jail
Term: 180 Days
Jail Credit: 7 Days
Suspended: 166 Days

He still has another month in BaCo by my reckoning and then a compliance hearing on 20 July I thought? It does look like the MaCo one is resolved with the guilty plea and 6 months suspended. This guy is going to be free soon, that's for sure. I guess he already gave his DNA right?

He was on
I don't understand the $200 cash bond because he is still in the middle of his 90 days minus 19 days served in BaCo. What's the point of a bond when he has to go back to another jail? It must be a mistake IMO.
He still has another month in BaCo by my reckoning and then a compliance hearing on 20 July I thought? It does look like the MaCo one is resolved with the guilty plea and 6 months suspended. This guy is going to be free soon, that's for sure. I guess he already gave his DNA right?

You could be right. I guess I have no clue by the way the Barth case is written. It says he could serve “less time,” so when he was released to Marion, I assumed that was it for Barth.

Maybe Niner could weigh in on that?

Either way, he is still in Marion. As of 5pm EST, the Jail had no release paperwork from the court.

anything new on A & L ? this makes me so uncomfortable. i wonder if the fbi did a profile.

:(

H

Hi! I wish there was still a thread to discuss A & L. The only thing I've seen as current is Becky Patty petitioning State of Indiana to allow familial DNA to help solve cases.

I recently sent a note to the mods asking the same question. Tricia said it was okay via liltexans to disclose that they have been hard at work behind the scenes getting ready to open a new thread for Abby and Libby, soon. Hopefully everyone will be respectful of the rules this time so the thread can remain open for the girls.

Last edited:
Since he still has as "pending" for Bartholomew & Marion County, then I believe he will still be in custody thru Oct. 29th in Johnson County case. But what do I know! :rolleyes:

Since he still has as "pending" for Bartholomew & Marion County, then I believe he will still be in custody thru Oct. 29th in Johnson County case. But what do I know! :rolleyes:

Yeah I think they are shunting him back and forth till everything is complete. He would have probation in In and Co so does that run while he is jail or begin when he finally gets out? Is this normal court behaviour?

I recently sent a note to the mods asking the same question. Tricia said it was okay via liltexans to disclose that they have been hard at work behind the scenes getting ready to open a new thread for Abby and Libby, soon. Hopefully everyone will be respectful of the rules this time so the thread can remain open for the girls.
Thank you for this, Margarita! Hope all is well with you. And my thanks to Tricia and liltexans!!!

Sorry. I started typing a response above, and then my phone died.

According to everything I’ve found, he’s only on probation in JoCo, just like Marion, hence the pending status.

“Nations will not serve any additional jail time as a result. Officials say he was sentenced to time served for the marijuana charge, no jail time for the driving while suspended charge, and 702 days of probation for the failing to register charge.”

I don’t believe he has any time left anywhere IMO.

Daniel Nations, ‘person of interest’ in Delphi murders, pleads guilty to unrelated charges

@Daey34 - wouldn't they keep him in jail until the last compliance hearing Oct. 29th? Or do they really think he'll keep that court date if released?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts