NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #10

If anyone hasn’t seen this yet, here is bodycam for first officers responding to 32nd floor.

Notes
-Campos makes an appearance
-No sign of officer Hendrix who was supposed to be on this floor at this time
- very little urgency shown by hotel staff already present on the floor
- at one point a security guy casually walks down the hallway with back directly in line of fire
- long video, but the more interesting stuff is the first 20 minutes or so

If anyone hasn’t seen this yet, here is bodycam for first officers responding to 32nd floor.

Notes
-Campos makes an appearance
-No sign of officer Hendrix who was supposed to be on this floor at this time
- very little urgency shown by hotel staff already present on the floor
- at one point a security guy casually walks down the hallway with back directly in line of fire
- long video, but the more interesting stuff is the first 20 minutes or so

Do you know which officer is wearing the bodycam? Could it maybe be Hendrix? Just a thought - I haven't watched the whole thing yet. They do seem rather calm.

Do you know which officer is wearing the bodycam? Could it maybe be Hendrix? Just a thought - I haven't watched the whole thing yet. They do seem rather calm.

Hey blue, no Hendrix isn’t the one with the bodycam. The bodycam officer came in from the venue. Hendrix was supposedly already inside with his trainee officer to arrest some hookers.

The recent 911 calls coming out are littered with dozens of reports of shooters all up and down the strip up until about 12:30am

Still no word on how authorities ruled out these reports by their 1:30am press briefing.

The recent 911 calls coming out are littered with dozens of reports of shooters all up and down the strip up until about 12:30am

Still no word on how authorities ruled out these reports by their 1:30am press briefing.
I'm pretty sure it was ruled out by lack of evidence. If there were shooters all up and down the strip, then there would have been gunshot victims at all those locations, but they were are all in the area of the Route 91 Harvest festival and the Mandalay Bay. There would have been other forensics evidence as well.

I'm pretty sure it was ruled out by lack of evidence. If there were shooters all up and down the strip, then there would have been gunshot victims at all those locations, but they were are all in the area of the Route 91 Harvest festival and the Mandalay Bay. There would have been other forensics evidence as well.

I hear ya KaaBoom, but I would strongly suggest spending some time listening to these 911 calls. Literally dozens similar to the one I posted last week out of the Bellagio.

How long should LE investigate active shooter reports before dismissing them due to not finding any evidence? My initial reaction is much longer than an hour. I would also expect LE to explain to the public how they did so, seeing as how Lombardo always goes on about how it is his duty to calm the public.

I hear ya KaaBoom, but I would strongly suggest spending some time listening to these 911 calls. Literally dozens similar to the one I posted last week out of the Bellagio.

How long should LE investigate active shooter reports before dismissing them due to not finding any evidence? My initial reaction is much longer than an hour. I would also expect LE to explain to the public how they did so, seeing as how Lombardo always goes on about how it is his duty to calm the public.
If there is no gunshot victims, and no forensic evidence that a shooting took place at that location, then I think it's over right then. It doesn't matter if a hundred people reported a shooter, if there is no evidence that a shooting actually happened, then there is nothing to investigate.

Last edited:
If there is no gunshot victims, and no forensic evidence that a shooting took place at that location, then I think it's over right then. It doesn't matter if a hundred people reported a shooter, if there is no evidence that a shooting actually happened, then there is nothing to investigate.

Ok fair enough. So how do you think LVMPD would have gone about determining that there is no forensic evidence of a shooting on an entire resort? Do they just ask the person at the front desk?

The other problem is that there were gunshot victims scattered all over the strip area that night. If you listen to many of the 911 calls you can tell that the 911 dispatchers are being very assertive to determine if the caller is reporting on something that is happening currently or if it is overflow reports from the concert.

If one were to listen to the 911 reports only, you would be certain there were active shooters all up and down the strip. Mandalay Bay, MGM, Hooters, Tropicana, Aria, New York, New York, Bellagio, The Venetian, Caesar’s Palace.

It is the sheer volume of reports that makes it significant for me.

Also of note, when strike force teams were being assembled to respond to these reports, the officers were instructed to turn their bodycam off.

Last edited:
Ok fair enough. So how do you think LVMPD would have gone about determining that there is no forensic evidence of a shooting on an entire resort? Do they just ask the person at the front desk?

They would talk to the reporting parties, check security videos, look for spent shell casings, and look for bullet holes. If that comes up negative, they would determine that there is no evidence a shooting took place.

Call 547 Vegas Shooting Evidence (Batch 6) 911 Calls (506) : LVMPD : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

-11:04pm (50 min after shooting at concert ended)
- shots fired at New York New York

I think you will have to go to this link and click on “call 547”

I will refrain from power posting, but will occasionally post calls that I think are significant. Still haven’t found anything about how they ruled out multiple shooters at multiple locations.

I see 506 recordings on that page. I don't see a #547.

They would talk to the reporting parties, check security videos, look for spent shell casings, and look for bullet holes. If that comes up negative, they would determine that there is no evidence a shooting took place.

So with the chaos of that night do you think they would have been able to completely rule out dozens of reports by this press briefing at 1:31am Oct. 2nd: (about halfway through Lombardo responds to “accusations” of multiple shooters)

Last edited:
That woman left a baby in the room by itself!

Ok, about 20-30 mins after the room had been breached, there was still calls coming in saying active shooter at various places. There's no way it was cleared of only one shooter in an hour. It took an hour and 8 minutes once this team's camera was shown, until the room was breached. But an entire city is cleared with only one shooter in an hour. Nah.

Here is one more for today. Another 911 call from the Bellagio from a staff member. 11:24pm (over an hour after the shooting at the concert)
This one matches with a few other 911 calls from same timeframe reporting shots fired at Bellagio. It also matches early reports from witnesses who spoke out on social media.

(This link should go directly to call #723)

Vegas Shooting Evidence (Batch 6) 911 Calls (506) : LVMPD : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Hey Cool, was thinking also the shots going on elsewhere could possibly have been for intentional distraction. No actual targets, just a spread length down and around the strip to thin out whatever type of first responders were available to dispatch. That’s a sure way to intensify pandemonium.

Knowing that they/LE are much less effective in stopping an attack when not in numbers, it allows the perps to have any extra time to accomplish their mission.

Just thinking...

Ahhh, I see. Those numbers are actually just how they are listed on this Page. The numbers in brackets are the actual “call number”

So 54 on the list is call 547
OK, thanks. I see that now. The call sounds like mass panic to me. Was there any other calls from there reporting it? If there really was shooting there I think more people would have reported it. It also didn't come through any official channels. Since the security guard said she lost her radio and couldn't contact her boss. So from that one call there is no evidence that any other security reported any shooting. I tried Googling it, and can't find any additional information about it. So I guess the police didn't find any evidence of a shooter there.

Here is one more for today. Another 911 call from the Bellagio from a staff member. 11:24pm (over an hour after the shooting at the concert)
This one matches with a few other 911 calls from same timeframe reporting shots fired at Bellagio. It also matches early reports from witnesses who spoke out on social media.

(This link should go directly to call #723)

Vegas Shooting Evidence (Batch 6) 911 Calls (506) : LVMPD : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
Total mass hysteria. I don't think that the operator even believed her, but was being polite anyway. The woman makes zero sense. First she said the shooting happened right next to her. Then when the operator asked her what the shooter looked like, she admitted that she didn't see the shooter. That people where running and guns were shooting into the hotel. o_O If "guns" (more than one) were shooting into the hotel, then lots of people would have died there. I don't believe there is any evidence to support that. I'm sorry but the caller's credibility is zero.

So with the chaos of that night do you think they would have been able to completely rule out dozens of reports by this press briefing at 1:31am Oct. 2nd: (about halfway through Lombardo responds to “accusations” of multiple shooters)
Yes, I think they could rule out 99% of the reports immediately. I think the operators were ruling out most of the reports. For example if they get 20 calls in one minute about a shooter at a particular location, but then the calls suddenly stop, those calls can be automatically ruled out. If there really was a shooting there, more calls would come in to get medical help for shooting victims, the hotel security would call back to follow up, just like they did at the Mandalay Bay. They would still probably send a couple of officers, to verify what had happened. But they are not going to respond to it as an active shooter, unless somebody can give them good credible information. The dispatchers are trained to evaluate the information and figure out of it is real, or just mass hysteria.

Yes, I think they could rule out 99% of the reports immediately. I think the operators were ruling out most of the reports. For example if they get 20 calls in one minute about a shooter at a particular location, but then the calls suddenly stop, those calls can be automatically ruled out. If there really was a shooting there, more calls would come in to get medical help for shooting victims, the hotel security would call back to follow up, just like they did at the Mandalay Bay. They would still probably send a couple of officers, to verify what had happened. But they are not going to respond to it as an active shooter, unless somebody can give them good credible information. The dispatchers are trained to evaluate the information and figure out of it is real, or just mass hysteria.

After reviewing a lot of the 911 calls and BWC’s ( I say a lot, but really only about 20% of what is available) I strongly believe that everyone on the strip that night, including LE and including the dispatchers all believed it was a multiple shooter situation. Everyone! Up until at least midnight.

Also, I haven’t come across any reports of anyone actually seeing any shooters. But many many reports of people hearing shots long after the event at the concert. So just because nobody was shot at the other locations (how would we really know?...there were victims scattered all over) doesn’t mean there wasn’t anyone firing guns as a part of the attack in the manner that Gooddeeds described.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back