Found Safe Mi - Shanijah Payne, 14, Washtenaw County, 21 Jun 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Missing child: Relatives get text demanding ransom for Ypsilanti girl

Missing: Shanijah Payne, 14yo, 5'8", 240lbs. Last seen: Thursday 4:30pm, Lexington Pkwy. Ypsi Twp. Reply with TIP

The Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office is actively searching for a missing/endangered juvenile. Shanijah Christionna Payne was last seen by her family around 4:30pm on Thursday June 21st at her home in the 1200 block of Lexington Parkway in Ypsilanti Township.

After Shanijah failed to come home, the biological mother and grandmother received a group text demanding a ransom be paid for the safe return of the missing child. All efforts to locate or contact Shanijah have been met without success.

Shanijah Christionna Payne:
14 Years Old
5’8” 240lbs
Hair was pulled back in two braided pony tails

Last Seen Wearing:
Black Jacket, camouflage pattern shirt
Black pants
Black shoes

Any information as to the whereabouts of Shanijah should be directed to the Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office. You can reach us at 734-994-2911 or through our confidential tip line (734-973-7711) or through the Crime Stoppers anonymous tip line at 1-800-SPEAK UP (1-800-773-2587).

Missing: Shanijah Payne, 14yo, 5'8", 240lbs. Last seen: Thursday 4:30pm, Lexington Pkwy. Ypsi Twp. ... from Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office : Nixle

Washtenaw Sheriff

Not quite sure what to think of this :confused: What assets does this teen's family have that convinces "kidnappers" that Shanija can be held hostage until ransom is paid? I don't want to post street view here, but homes on 1200 block of Lexington Pkwy. in Ypsilanti Twp., MI aren't exactly palatial.

Last edited:
Washtenaw County Sheriff’s officials are working to find a missing 14-year-old Ypsilanti Township girl believed to be in danger.

Relatives last saw Shanijah Christionna Payne about 4:30 p.m. Thursday at her home in the 1200 block of Lexington Parkway, investigators said in a statement.

When the youth failed to return, her mother and grandmother "received a group text demanding a ransom be paid" to ensure she did, the release read...

Tips sought to find missing Ypsilanti Twp. teen

YPSILANTI (WWJ) - An Endangered Missing Advisory has been issued for a 14-year-old Michigan girl after her family received a text message demanding ransom.

According to Michigan State Police, Shanija Christionna Payne was last seen at around 4:30 p.m. Thursday in the 1200 block of Lexington Parkway in Ypsilanti Township.

After Payne failed to come home, her biological mother and grandmother received a group text demanding a ransom be paid for her safe return...

Family Receives Text Demanding Ransom For Missing Michigan Teen

Listened to WWJ radio while I was putting away laundry. Brief report on still-missing Shanija Payne. If this is a bona-fide kidnapping, why is MSP and/or FBI not involved? Haven't seen LE other than Ypsilanti PD mentioned in the investigation. Group text strange. Sent on untraceable burner phone? SP's phone has been off since she went missing. Scratching my head...

Yeah. I have a child around this age, and this almost reads to me like something she’d cook up in her less-finer moments. JMO IMHO and all other acronyms apply...

I'm trying to tread cautiously here, but I had already contemplated the teen being involved in her "kidnapping". Maybe she's actually with a group of "friends" who want money for alcohol and/or drugs. Perhaps this is why MSP and FBI aren't on the case. IMHO, of course ;)

Yeah. I have a child around this age, and this almost reads to me like something she’d cook up in her less-finer moments. JMO IMHO and all other acronyms apply...
I was once a teen that age, and did something very similar, in one of my monumentally less-finer moments. Running with the wrong crowd, influenced by idiots. Sadly, it happens. But if this IS the case, then at least it means she's likely not in any danger.

I was once a teen that age, and did something very similar, in one of my monumentally less-finer moments. Running with the wrong crowd, influenced by idiots. Sadly, it happens. But if this IS the case, then at least it means she's likely not in any danger.

There doesn't really seem to be any sense of urgency to locate this teen. To the best of our knowledge, MSP hasn't been brought in, nor is the FBI involved. As I said earlier, if this is a bona fide kidnapping, there would be more of an effort to find the "missing" teen, i.e. a public plea from the family to let her go.

Unless there is stuff going on behind the scenes, why not have her picture out there. If this is a hoax or teenage prank then the more publicity the embarrassed and guilty she'll feel when she comes home. She is still a child/teen that needs to be found. If something happens to her it will reflect badly on the police. There is also the question of race and if she was white would her case attract more attention?

Unless there is stuff going on behind the scenes, why not have her picture out there. If this is a hoax or teenage prank then the more publicity the embarrassed and guilty she'll feel when she comes home. She is still a child/teen that needs to be found. If something happens to her it will reflect badly on the police. There is also the question of race and if she was white would her case attract more attention?

Are you familiar with this Michigan case of a teen who staged her own abduction? She was eventually charged in the case that ended up causing significant embarrassment to her family.
Mich. teen who faked own abduction is sentenced

If something like this is going on with Shanija Payne, I can understand why LE might be using restraint in pursuing the teen. Maybe Shanija's done something like this previously. There was a Websleuths discussion thread re: Hayley Turner at the time of the alleged abduction, but the thread was deleted when it was learned that the Temperance teen had actually staged her own abduction.

Last edited:
WASHTENAW COUNTY, MI (WNEM) -

A missing Michigan teen has been found safe after her family said they received a text message demanding ransom.
Michigan State Police Detective Sgt. Sarah Krebs of the Missing Persons Coordination Unit said 14-year-old Shanijah Christionna Payne "has been located safe," according to her post on the Missing in Michigan Facebook page.
No further details were released by police.
Missing Michigan teen found safe after family received ransom text

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back