Found Deceased Canada - Dan Archbald, 37, & Ryan Daley, 43, Ucluelet, Bc, 16 May 2018

I found this in the recent interview with Leah Bliss, Dan's wife:

"We both loved this book," she said, thumbing its pages gingerly, tears running down her cheeks. "It's about a widow who sailed around the coastal waters of British Columbia with her five children in 1927. We wanted to do that with our boat. We wanted to see and do those things — . . ."
BBM

My first thought was, how sweet that they both enjoyed the same book and used it as an inspiration. But then, I realized what an interesting (ironic?) coincidence that their dream included a widow who sailed around BC.
Just something that jumped out at me. IMO

Hold on a second ya'll…

The media reported DAN contacted an XGF for a ride??? (And so maybe she sent someone else???)

And it just hit me that it is Dan with a wife and kids at home waiting for him, maybe poor reporting BUT if not...…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. WHAT is up with THAT???

ETA: Did this detail of phoning an X come by way of phone records???

I think the media got it wrong, or their friend, Watt, misspoke when saying Dan called his ex-girlfriend. I think they meant Ryan called HIS ex-girlfriend for a ride because notice that it said he called his ex-girlfriend to ask for a ride to his property in Jordan River. Ryan owns the property in Jordan River, not Dan.

"He said Archbald called his ex-girlfriend and asked for a ride to his home in Jordan River from Ucluelet."

Update today but still unknown:

““We’re still in the early stages of the investigation,” Watson said. “I have no other information to share at this time.”

Watson declined to comment on the conditions the remains were found in and said there is no expected timeline for details to be released.”

https://www.westerlynews.ca/news/identities-of-human-remains-found-near-ucluelet-still-unknown/
Wow, still no identification. Were the bodies possibly burned?

If the bodies have not been identified at this time I am curious if Ryan and Dan's families have been requested to provide DNA samples of themselves to get a match with the two unidentified bodies or provide dental records of Dan and Ryan.

If the bodies have not been identified at this time I am curious if Ryan and Dan's families have been requested to provide DNA samples of themselves to get a match with the two unidentified bodies or provide dental records of Dan and Ryan.
I think the coroner would prefer DNA from the men themselves, but since they'd been away for 2 months it wouldn't be so easy to find: no fresh toothbrush, comb, unwashed cup. But then, if remains are burned in a fierce fire, DNA can be hard to recover. From other terrible cases I've followed (Tim Bosma, Hailey Blanchette, the Liknes's) the identification was found through blood traces on items associated with the crimes.

I'm been thinking about the people who live on Vancouver Island. This can't be easy for them and aside from the families, they deserve and need to know answers soon because they live or work there.

It's unsettling for the citizens living anywhere where there is such a mystery and two bodies are found.

Sending thoughts of comfort and care to those who live on Vancouver Island.

I understand that this investigation sounds like it will take a long time and I appreciate that the public has been informed of this.

In the midst of identifying the bodies, I believe there is tremendous work on the part of law enforcement to work towards an arrest.

Many times when there are few updates, I find that there is a flurry of activity behind the scenes with law enforcement. They may even be close to determining the perpetrator(s). It's possible.

What I do believe is that the police are working towards solving this, likely around the clock.

Last edited:
I'm been thinking about the people who live on Vancouver Island. This can't be easy for them and aside from the families, they deserve and need to know answers soon because they live or work there.

It's unsettling for the citizens living anywhere where there is such a mystery and two bodies are found.

Sending thoughts of comfort and care to those who live on Vancouver Island.

My daughter lives in this area and I live not far away. It is very unsettling and extremely rare for 2 bodies to be found. We do have our share of threads here (Emma Fillipoff, Michael Dunahee, Jordan Holling are just 3) but I don't know of any other times we've had 2 go missing at once...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back