Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was stated in the latest pod cast that JH is currently living in the house....any catch the statement when he says..."I have a hard time even taking shower".......Maybe because he knows Lucas was killed in there or placed in there. JMO
It’s very common for people who are depressed or suffering from panic and anxiety to have difficulty dealing with the daily tasks like showering. I believe NG also weighed in that she too had that same issue during a bad time in her life.

I feel like some of this needs splitting up and clarifying.

JH does seem to have stood by EG prior to DM coming on the scene. He seems to have been in disbelief that EG was involved. That may or may not have been in combination with episodes of "what if she did..."

But after DM and the discovery of Lucas' body, JH has not explicitly stated support for EG. He has not said that he buys the story of her just coming upon a natural death scene and panicking. He has said he doesn't understand it, and I think he's said that he wanted to find out the true story (paraphrasing, but I think a fair paraphrase).

His behavior, both before and after, has made people get suspicious feelings. But I think we need to separate out the before and after, and be clear on where he's been explicit and where it's more about our impressions and conclusions based on his words or behavior.

For instance, I never heard him say that she "only" moved the body, therefore that's okay. We might think he's saying that by allowing her to stay in the house, but I don't think it's a given, only a possibility from personal interpretation of baffling behavior. And that possibility does go against his own words....which might not be 100% forthcoming. He might have more than one reason for letting her stay there.

He might not have the time and space to explain all his feelings and thoughts in a quick answer to NG that's going out to thousands of strangers to dissect his every word. I think that part might be in part why some of his attitude sounds distanced and a bit cold. I don't want to be sexist, but this exists in some women too, but a lot of men feel that emotions should be kept inside and not made too public, and I think a lot of boys are brought up that way (boys don't cry), so there might be a bit of that in the way he comes over and appears relatively calm and collected on the outside even when he's talking about finding EG in that condition that night or about his son being found. I think these things have affected him far deeper on the inside than he's really letting out to NG on the radio.

Regarding EG going back to the house on Edgemoor and JH saying that her relatives no longer wanted her back after she led DM to Lucas' body.... Do you remember that after EG was released the final time that the news reporters said they followed the car with EG and her attorney to the offices of the public defenders? Could that have been to discuss where she was going to stay? Could someone have phoned JH and said she really doesn't have anywhere to stay, is there any chance she can stay in the house in Edgemoor if you don't want to stay there...if not we're afraid she'll go on the streets, dangers for her there....and then when JH is asked he explains it that he didn't want her to end up on the street and she might as well stay there as he wasn't really living there?
Thank you for this. Just to add that men are better able to compartentalize their feelings and can come off less emotional than women. Not to generalize though because I can separate myself from my feelings and be in my head a good deal of the time too.

That is exactly where I am at, I can not come up with any other explanation of his statement, to me what he is saying is pretty darn clear.
When I listened, this part didn't bother me. I was bothered by him spontaneously deciding to stay the night over there, but I wasn't bothered by this part -- I think it was the tone of his voice because it gave me the impression that it wasn't intended to be forever but just until she lined up a place to live -- words weren't spoken to that effect, but something about the way he said it made me believe he thought she was trying to sort things out and would either be going back to jail soon or moving on. Like there was an unspoken "until". I remember having this impression because the thought that crossed my mind was one similar to what another poster mentioned about having to evict someone even if not on a lease and I wondered "what if" EG hadn't died and things had gone downhill and what kind of drama that might have entailed to boot her out -- iow, I thought once again he was being too trusting or she wormed her way in.

kinda of like how Emily invited that couple into her house,because you know it was cold outside
That's another thought -- perhaps he wanted to extend hospitality as a way of keeping tabs on her, knowing no one else wanted her around. He had a key and he was the resident of record, so he could drop in and inspect the premises anytime. Perhaps he hoped she'd invite some of her old pals around in his absence and he might get a clue to her crowd -- but like others have mentioned, there was unlikely to be too much action because she was "hot" (well to everyone except her 2 member crew of witch slayers). Does anyone know if
EG ever actually corresponded with those two or are they truly just fangirls?

He did say that he ran outside and called 911 when he realized it was EGs body. Maybe he didn’t go back in until LE got there or maybe not even then. I’m sure his head was pretty messed up, I know mine would be if I walked in on a suicide by firearm within two weeks of my sons body being found under a bridge after three months of looking. I know the growing popular thing here lately is to see JH as a one dimensional bad guy but, how much can one person handle? He is human and he has lost whatever normalcy he had in his life so I’ll cut him slack for not knowing what the notes said. It was a crime scene and the dispatcher may have told him to remain outside awaiting the arrival of LE for all we know.
Excellent post! I don't know how many people have seen a suicide by gunshot. I have. It's something that shakes you to the core. It's a sight I don't wish on anyone, and a huge reason that whenever I've felt suicidal, a gun wasn't the answer. Those imagines, it's been over 20yrs, and I can close my eyes and still see. Nightmares.

I don't know what JH is like as a person, don't know him. Don't agree with some of his actions, but I'm sure if I was in the spotlight, he wouldn't agree with mine either.

My thoughts on him going by the house, maybe he had been out drinking, and wanted sex. With the publicity of the case, I doubt anyone else was lined up waiting to have sex with him. And maybe that sex is what Emily used as her hold on him. Wouldn't be the first time.

I believe it was stated in the latest pod cast that JH is currently living in the house....any catch the statement when he says..."I have a hard time even taking shower".......Maybe because he knows Lucas was killed in there or placed in there. JMO
No, it wasn't in that context. When someone is dealing with high anxiety, and depression, a simple task like taking a shower seems like a monumental task. That's what it was in context with. He's isn't doing well, some days barely having the strength to shower.

I have always been highly suspect of JH since day one. The more he talks the more I'm convinced he knows what happened to Lucas even if he did not have direct involvement in the death I think he quite possibly knows what happend. JMO

I would love to know what FLA's thoughts are of Johnathan as of late with all these interviews etc he's been doing.

No, it wasn't in that context. When someone is dealing with high anxiety, and depression, a simple task like taking a shower seems like a monumental task. That's what it was in context with. He's isn't doing well, some days barely having the strength to shower.
Thanks for this. Exactly. Not defending anyone myself.
Chi
missing-my-son-quotes-you-honest-about-grief-missi-on-love-quotes-for-my-s.jpg

Excellent post! I don't know how many people have seen a suicide by gunshot. I have. It's something that shakes you to the core. It's a sight I don't wish on anyone, and a huge reason that whenever I've felt suicidal, a gun wasn't the answer. Those imagines, it's been over 20yrs, and I can close my eyes and still see. Nightmares.

I don't know what JH is like as a person, don't know him. Don't agree with some of his actions, but I'm sure if I was in the spotlight, he wouldn't agree with mine either.

My thoughts on him going by the house, maybe he had been out drinking, and wanted sex. With the publicity of the case, I doubt anyone else was lined up waiting to have sex with him. And maybe that sex is what Emily used as her hold on him. Wouldn't be the first time.

Indeed...and/or could there have been anything else he might have needed her for? Just thinking out loud...any kind of illegal business dealing. You would think they would stay low, if so...

Maybe he was drawn to her having his child in her womb (if she had one).

I have always been highly suspect of JH since day one. The more he talks the more I'm convinced he knows what happened to Lucas even if he did not have direct involvement in the death I think he quite possibly knows what happend. JMO

I would love to know what FLA's thoughts are of Johnathan as of late with all these interviews etc he's been doing.

Great question. I hope FLA is doing as best as can be expected.

Qmfr:
Another train of thought (again, I swear I’m wondering if I’m just soooo off base and imagining things here):

Hypothetical/ SPECULATIVE potential scenario:
JH: “You know where the gun is. If anyone comes in and tries to mess with you, shoot em.”

Could he actually have been PROTECTING her?

Maybe he felt the need to protect her bc she might have been pregnant...he lost one child, couldn't stand to lose another...?

Well ya know, moms always want to fix things for their kids no matter how old they are but... I have four adult children who could use some help financially and I feel for their struggles however, I think Jonathan would probably do better if he weren’t encouraged to continue the role of victim. I have not been a champion for him but I have been fairly generous in my opinions when it comes to him. At this point I think he would be better served staying out of the public eye if all we are going to hear about is how he needs help monetarily. There are jobs for those willing to do the work. Maybe not the amount he was making but since he isn’t having to pay for a gf and two kids or someone to take care of them while he works, get two jobs. I had three jobs at one time to keep a roof over me and mine and never asked my mother for a dime. We all have hard times where we have to suck it up
I agree! I feel like Lucas’s life and tragic ending is being used instead of respected. Work through the grief and make Lucas proud for working to give his sister the life she deserves.

That is exactly where I am at, I can not come up with any other explanation of his statement, to me what he is saying is pretty darn clear.
I guess the rental agreement could be in her name-wishful thinking because I can’t think of any other sane reason for this!

I think that's excellent analysis.

I would just suggest a sight adaptation to option 1 for "It seems like it's about something else". What if to him (because of EG's manipulation techniques) he thinks it seems like even now, with Lucas missing, their priority is to try to cause ructions between him and EG?

I was also asking myself why NG isn't asking some of the tougher questions that are being asked here, and my only conclusion was that she might think it sounds too much like attacking a grieving father and that when you've asked someone and they've said they are suffering inside, that screaming at them that however much pain they're in it's not enough... Personally when I'm in a hating myself phase, people going on about all my faults and saying how I'm a failure in so many ways, it might be true but it doesn't help me, it just sends me into an even more negative spiral. NG might be sensitive to something like that and be scared of putting that much onto someone's shoulders just in case he is telling the truth and he is suffering major guilt inside, and compounded with the loss of his son, what EG did, that he saw it, that her final action was in one way slamming the door in his face when he's knocking on that door begging her for answers. They say that moving home can be a major stressor in people's lives...JH has had items from that list of major stressors piling on him for the past three months, starting two days after he moved house. And what I suggested in that paragraph maybe influences my nature to tend to empathize with the awful things JH is going through and make me more reticent to want to rub his face in all the things he's done wrong?

IMO:
I agree about NG and also think she's trying to keep the lines of communication open with JH because this case is still open.

I think most aren't necessarily wanting to rub JH's face in anything yet, but are trying to understand why and how this happened to Lucas and why JH responded the way he did. I don't think there's a mass rush to judgement of JH, but a desire to know the facts of the case.

I doubt that personal information as to whether she was "with child" or not would be released.
IMO that has nothing to do with Lucas' case.
However, all of her children had been taken away, perhaps she coouldn't handle the thought of having another one taken from her, so she decided by taking her own life, that she would be in control of what happened to a future child.
I don't believe she was pregnant, I believe this was only a rumor.
MOO
I am not buying the suicide story, yet...
It's not that I don't believe that she commited suicide, just that all the details about it haven't been and probably will never released.
If they were released, any doubt in my mind would cease.

I know we are absolutely not allowed to sleuth family. Is it a legal question to ask if JH has any siblings, just yes or no? Flagging this post for a mod to address. If this post is in violation please delete, and my sincere apologies. Please wait for a mod to weigh in before replying. (Not trying to be bossy, ykwim.)
I think it would be safe to say he does, as there were some listed in LH's obituary. Several, I believe.

JH appears to be hovering in a state of emotional detachment. In his first podcast with NG he sounded articulate and confident. In the latest podcast he sounds emotionally drained and less confident in his replies. It occurred to me earlier that until Emily’s death, JH imagined that all of the events surrounding Lucas’ death would come out in court. Now he’ll never have the black and white resolution of a jury proclaiming “guilty” or “not guilty.”

Even though most everyone else following this case believes that Emily is responsible for Lucas’ death, I think JH needs to hear it from someone with authority for it to become real to him.

I hope this makes sense. It sounded better when I was running it through my head. I’m not able to convey the thought adequately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member