TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I worded that incorrectly. How about "...the 'official' group for discussing the disappearance of the girls." BAIBM. I think it'd be considered so here simply because Rusty runs it and for better or for worse, he's been the face and mouthpiece of the case for decades. FWIW, though, I totally agree with you.

An excellent rule of thumb.
Many of these Facebook "Find the Missing" groups are wonderful places to share information, memories; to coordinate searches or to share theories or ideas about possible matches with UP remains. Unfortunately, they do tend to reflect the personalities and intentions of their moderators.
Facebook sites, from my experience, attract groupies, wanna-be insiders and the like...They lack the sort of objectivity and anonymity WS offers. I've seen too many people get down in the mud with each other. How will any of that find these girls? Just sayin'...
Sorry, I wasn't picking on your choice of words - I knew what you meant. Just wanted to make that distinction.

I just went to the FWPD website and unless I'm missing something, these girls are not even listed on their site in the cold case section!!! Why wouldn't they be listed FW_Cat?
The reason Rachel, Renee, and Julie are absent from the Cold Case gallery at FWPD is that first of all, technically, there is no evidence that a crime was committed. Every other unsolved (cold or otherwise) case have at least one of two things in evidence. There is a body that the medical examiner has determined the manner of death to be homicide even if the cause isn't in evidence. AND/OR there is a crime scene with sufficient physical evidence to support a finding that someone lost their life at that location. It can be blood volume, tissue, brain matter. That person may not ever be reported missing. Those are 2 situations of many that can result in a case going cold. That doesn't mean LE has quit. It means they need all the help we can give. Those cases remain open and unsolved.....

This is my first post here on Websleuths but I've been reading the posts on this thread for a long time. I wanted to post an article I published on this case a couple of days ago. I tried to compile as much information as I could into one spot in order to wade through much of the speculation and misinformation on the case. It's a members only Medium story, but non members get 3 free articles a month so everyone should be able to read it. Non-members can even register for a free account if they want to post or ask a question. I hope it will help bring more publicity to the case. What Happened to the Fort Worth Trio? – Tamara Gane – Medium

This is my first post here on Websleuths but I've been reading the posts on this thread for a long time. I wanted to post an article I published on this case a couple of days ago. I tried to compile as much information as I could into one spot in order to wade through much of the speculation and misinformation on the case. It's a members only Medium story, but non members get 3 free articles a month so everyone should be able to read it. Non-members can even register for a free account if they want to post or ask a question. I hope it will help bring more publicity to the case. What Happened to the Fort Worth Trio? – Tamara Gane – Medium
Great first post and Welcome to Websleuths! :)

gosh tamara I was really excited to read your article.
then I read it.
disappointed doesn't even cut it.
wishy washy fluffy .
trying to please everyone still alive isn't helpful to solving this hideous crime.

:oops:

gosh tamara I was really excited to read your article.
then I read it.
disappointed doesn't even cut it.
wishy washy fluffy .
trying to please everyone still alive isn't helpful to solving this hideous crime.

:oops:
Hi, K-mac, I'm sorry you didn't like it. It wasn't an article written for the purpose of reporting on theories. It was an objective article with facts I could verify via multiple sources, both period and contemporary, many of which have been previously misreported (for instance most outlets report the car was full of gifts which is incorrect and would imply the girls made it back to the car at one point). I also haven't seen a description of the ring Terry gave Renee anywhere else, which seems a helpful bit of information since she was wearing it when she disappeared. Most readers are not as familiar with the case as the community on this thread. Even though I shared it here with the ws community it was written for a general readership. For many this is the first time they've heard about this case.

I appreciate your reply.
I dont mean to be harsh.
but if you are going to acknowledge there are suspects you need to include who they are and why.
your story isn't balanced because you don't want to address the most important part.
thats whats wrong with this case in general. and your complying with the status quo.

thank you for spreading the story though.
it was beautifully written!

I appreciate your reply.
I dont mean to be harsh.
but if you are going to acknowledge there are suspects you need to include who they are and why.
your story isn't balanced because you don't want to address the most important part.
thats whats wrong with this case in general. and your complying with the status quo.

Hi, again, K-Mac, we disagree on the meaning of a balanced story and that's okay. I understand you're disappointed that theories weren't addressed in the piece. It was never my intention to delve into theories. It was my intention to report verifiable facts and hopefully renew interest into solving this case. I posted it here because it was my hope that the WS community would find it to be a useful tool. I've seen a great many people jump into threads here and need to be caught up because there isn't a comprehensive depositary for the facts. This article could potentially serve as one.

Hi, again, K-Mac, we disagree on the meaning of a balanced story and that's okay. I understand you're disappointed that theories weren't addressed in the piece. It was never my intention to delve into theories. It was my intention to report verifiable facts and hopefully renew interest into solving this case. I posted it here because it was my hope that the WS community would find it to be a useful tool. I've seen a great many people jump into threads here and need to be caught up because there isn't a comprehensive depositary for the facts. This article could potentially serve as one.
im not implying you should expand on theories.
but suspects are actually a pretty important component of the situation don't you think?
not addressing this is my point.

im not implying you should expand on theories.
but suspects are actually a pretty important component of the situation don't you think?
not addressing this is my point.

Hi, K-mac, I'll answer this last post from you and then I'm not going to address this anymore.

The police have never released the name, description, or a sketch of any suspects. I did include verifiable leads in the case in the section called "The Investigation." These are primarily reported sightings of the girls.

Yes, there are plenty of theories out there beyond that, but most of these are based on speculation and conjecture. They are not verifiable and therefore I didn't include them. This was a reported article, not an essay. If I could not verify a fact via multiple sources or if something wasn't reported contemporaneously, it didn't make the cut.

Now, if someone has any questions about how I came across a particular piece of information or sourced the article I'm happy to answer questions, but I won't address my journalistic intentions again. I think three posts explaining that I was focusing on facts alone and not theories should be sufficient.

Hi, K-mac, I'll answer this last post from you and then I'm not going to address this anymore.

The police have never released the name, description, or a sketch of any suspects. I did include verifiable leads in the case in the section called "The Investigation." These are primarily reported sightings of the girls.

Yes, there are plenty of theories out there beyond that, but most of these are based on speculation and conjecture. They are not verifiable and therefore I didn't include them. This was a reported article, not an essay. If I could not verify a fact via multiple sources or if something wasn't reported contemporaneously, it didn't make the cut.

Now, if someone has any questions about how I came across a particular piece of information or sourced the article I'm happy to answer questions, but I won't address my journalistic intentions again. I think three posts explaining that I was focusing on facts alone and not theories should be sufficient.
thanks tamara appreciate your time but there is no need to explain .
I know the angle you came from.
just keeps the magic boogy man idea alive and well.
when I am certain you have much more to work with than "speculation and conjecture."

one more thing...shame you aren't going to reply anymore because I would really like to know....
you go to great lengths to describe what mum dad the brother the sister etc all do on the day the girls go missing but you don't tell us what the husband was up to???
the only mention he gets in your entire article is he went on to live his life.
right......very balanced and informative .

as I said keeping the fort worth mystery on the merry go round its always been on.

one more thing...shame you aren't going to reply anymore because I would really like to know....
you go to great lengths to describe what mum dad the brother the sister etc all do on the day the girls go missing but you don't tell us what the husband was up to???
the only mention he gets in your entire article is he went on to live his life.
right......very balanced and informative .

as I said keeping the fort worth mystery on the merry go round its always been on.

K-Mac that's a legitimate question so I'm more than happy to answer. As I said, I'm happy to answer questions about sourcing or information. The reason I didn't say what Tommy was doing at the time of the disappearance is because I wasn't able to establish the answer to that question with professional certainty. If you feel you can, you should absolutely publish an article in an outlet based on your own research.

I might also add that I'm new to this forum. I'm trying to be professional and polite, while you have been sarcastic and hostile since my first post. Is this really how you want to treat new contributors to this important discussion? Particularly those who have researched and are knowledgeable about the case? Many people lurk on WS before posting and this sort of attitude might make others think twice before contributing. I know you're passionate about the case and have good intentions, but it might be something to think about. Most discussions are enriched when numerous voices are able to participate and be heard.

wonderful post/article and welcome to websleuths...great research. I have been following this case for years and I never heard who the present in the back of the car was for or exactly where the fathers had posted up when watching the car. I really appreciate the efforts you made. One thing that I a m just about convinced of us that the letter and the envelope were written by two different people. I know that has been discussed here many times, but the Ts and Os are completely different a long many other notable differences. What kind of LE department would need to wait for FBI confirmation about that. IMHO, that alone along with many other things should make TT one of those five suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail