CA - Bakersfield 3: Disappearance of Baylee Despot and murders of James Kulstad & Micah Holsonbake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ... a new story and her disappearance may be connected to another missing person - Micah Holsonbake.

The suspicious disappearances of Baylee Despot and Micah Holsonbake

Here's where the case takes a mysterious turn-law enforcement confirms there's a possible link between the disappearance of Baylee Despot and the disappearance of 34-year-old Micah Holsonbake.

Holsonbake was last seen in Bakersfield at the end of March, about a month before Baylee was last seen. He was last seen near Flower Street and Mt.Vernon Avenue, but police won't say more than that.

Investigators confirm that Baylee and Micah knew each other. Bakersfield Police are handling Micah's case, while KCSO is handling Baylee's disappearance. The agencies confirm they're in communication with each other.

I have posted this on Baylee's thread since these cases may be connected.

The suspicious disappearances of Baylee Despot and Micah Holsonbake

Here's where the case takes a mysterious turn-law enforcement confirms there's a possible link between the disappearance of Baylee Despot and the disappearance of 34-year-old Micah Holsonbake.

Holsonbake was last seen in Bakersfield at the end of March, about a month before Baylee was last seen. He was last seen near Flower Street and Mt.Vernon Avenue, but police won't say more than that.

Investigators confirm that Baylee and Micah knew each other. Bakersfield Police are handling Micah's case, while KCSO is handling Baylee's disappearance. The agencies confirm they're in communication with each other.

They were both arrested on 7/24/17 on charges related to firearms. I don’t know if they were together but it would seem likely. That’s a little unsettling.
I have been only looking at Kern County records. I haven't found a charge for that date. The one with a firearm for Baylee in Kern County was 12/11/17. Is there another county I should look at for this?

I have been only looking at Kern County records. I haven't found a charge for that date. The one with a firearm for Baylee in Kern County was 12/11/17. Is there another county I should look at for this?

Nope you are totally right.. I screen shotted his arrest twice and confused myself when swiping thru my pics. I’ll edit my post if it’s not too late.

Eta - his charges are still concerning imo. Threatening with intent to terrorize. Possession of a firearm with altered ID marks...

Nope you are totally right.. I screen shotted his arrest twice and confused myself when swiping thru my pics. I’ll edit my post if it’s not too late.

Eta - his charges are still concerning imo. Threatening with intent to terrorize. Possession of a firearm with altered ID marks...
I agree. When you dig into the Domestic Violence case involving another guy - that also involved a firearm. That person is 32 years of age. This event occurred a little more than 2 months before her husband filed for divorce.

Her soon to be ex-husband - he filed against her - is about to turn 23. So they are only two years apart.

Micah is 34. Her current boyfriend is 41. Somehow Baylee ended up around an older crowd of people. I haven't quite figured out how all of this connects, how she gets mixed up into something so far out of her age group - yet. Find that common other "friend" and the answers probably start there.

I believe he has drug and alcohol problems. Court hearing pending. Just a thought.....Last seen at Mt. Vernon and Flower - this is where mental health is (and county hospital)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. His divorce (with children) started around the same time as the alcohol troubles started though I don't know for sure which came first.

I wish I knew the nature of how Baylee and Micah know each other. There is quite an age gap and I would expect different circles of people they would be involved with.

Jun 21, 2018
Missing Person: Micah Holsonbake
VIDEO

"Micah Holsonbake was last seen March 23, 2018, in the area of Flower Street and Mount Vernon Avenue in East Bakersfield. He is described as 5-foot-10 and weighing 190 pounds. He has brown hair and hazel eyes.

If you see him or know where he might be, call Bakersfield Police Department at 661-327-7111. "

Missing person since March 23, 2018. US nationwide Mission Person's Report-68771. Report sightings to any law enforcement agency. Micah Holsonbake, age 33, 5'10", Caucasian, about 180 lbs,. Residence and last seen in Bakersfield, California.

It's strange to me that the only thing police will say about her disappearance is that the circumstances regarding her disappearance are strange. Aren't all missing person cases strange? Not normal for a person to disappear...yet, that is all the police will say. Her case is strange. Helpful.

A new story that include the way Micah and Baylee may be connected. A link between two missing persons

They've each missed their birthday and family holidays and family says there's no trace of either. Investigators and family confirm they knew each other, and ran in the same social circle. Leading their loved ones to question if it really can be coincidence that they're both gone.

Newly filed court documents expand on this theory, listing some people Micah and Baylee may have had in common. They also say it's possible Baylee and Micah may have been involved in the manufacturing of illegal firearms and knew other people possibly involved in making and selling illegal guns. The documents are clear that the info is hear-say, but none the less it's an avenue they need to explore.

A new story that include the way Micah and Baylee may be connected. A link between two missing persons

They've each missed their birthday and family holidays and family says there's no trace of either. Investigators and family confirm they knew each other, and ran in the same social circle. Leading their loved ones to question if it really can be coincidence that they're both gone.

Newly filed court documents expand on this theory, listing some people Micah and Baylee may have had in common. They also say it's possible Baylee and Micah may have been involved in the manufacturing of illegal firearms and knew other people possibly involved in making and selling illegal guns. The documents are clear that the info is hear-say, but none the less it's an avenue they need to explore.

Also, her boyfriend had been arrested on May 26th for two counts of possession of a firearm by a felon. This is on top of the arrest he had at the same time as Baylee where he was charged with 4 counts of possession of a firearm by a felon and possession of an assault rifle.

From the above:
...it's possible Baylee and Micah may have been involved in the manufacturing of illegal firearms and knew other people possibly involved in making and selling illegal guns. The documents are clear that the info is hear-say, but none the less it's an avenue they need to explore.
Manufacturing of illegal firearms. Not distribution, not importing, but manufacturing. Illegal firearms. In the United States. What the heck. Sometimes I feel so naive.

From the above:

...it's possible Baylee and Micah may have been involved in the manufacturing of illegal firearms and knew other people possibly involved in making and selling illegal guns. The documents are clear that the info is hear-say, but none the less it's an avenue they need to explore.
Manufacturing of illegal firearms. Not distribution, not importing, but manufacturing. Illegal firearms. In the United States. What the heck. Sometimes I feel so naive.
The article said these were from court documents so I wonder if this is simply search warrants that were filed or if the documents are part of a case before the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail