CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Daey34 - wouldn't they keep him in jail until the last compliance hearing Oct. 29th? Or do they really think he'll keep that court date if released?

The compliance hearing, IMO, would be for probation. That’s a standard requirement of probation.

Imo the JoCo compliance hearing is to make sure he has complied with a) giving his DNA to DOC and b) to make sure he served his sentence (of 90 days less time served). He will be back in JoCo to complete that sentence. I may be wrong but that was his sentence. The next day or so will tell. This has happened so many times now it is getting predictable.

I stand corrected. The people at the Marion co jail are confused. He is still there. The deputy I spoke with said they forgot to send his release paperwork yesterday, so they are “trying to get him out today.” This was after a prolonged hold.

Imo the JoCo compliance hearing is to make sure he has complied with a) giving his DNA to DOC and b) to make sure he served his sentence (of 90 days less time served). He will be back in JoCo to complete that sentence. I may be wrong but that was his sentence. The next day or so will tell. This has happened so many times now it is getting predictable.
But he was sentenced to time served. Every article out there rates as much. He was given probation per the online records. JoCo cannot incarcerate DN IMO

Edited - question already answered.

Last edited:
05/08/2018Automated ENotice Issued to PartiesHearing Scheduling Activity ---- 5/7/2018 : William Moss Nash;James Grant Tucker

05/09/2018Hearing Scheduling ActivityDispositional Hearing scheduled for 05/21/2018 at 2:00 PM.

05/10/2018Automated ENotice Issued to PartiesOrder Issued ---- 5/7/2018 : William Moss Nash;James Grant Tucker Hearing Scheduling Activity ---- 5/9/2018 : William Moss Nash;James Grant Tucker

05/21/2018Dispositional Hearing

Session:05/21/2018 2:00 PM, Judicial Officer: Coriden, Kathleen Tighe05/21/2018Order IssuedSTATE APPEARS BY KAY. DEFT APPEARS FROM JAIL W/COUNSEL TUCKER. KIM MAU APPEARS FOR PROBATION. TESTIMONY HEARD AS TO DISPOSITION. THE COURT ORDERS THE DEFT TO EXECUTE 90 DAYS BCJ, GOOD TIME IF EARNED. DEFT GIVEN CREDIT FOR 19 DAYS SERVED. DEFT PROBATION WILL TERMINATE UNSUCCESSFULLY UPON COMPLETION OF JAIL TIME. CJ FOR FEES, SET HRG 7/20/18 AT 8:15 A.M. APPOINTMENT OF TUCKER AS PD IS TERMINATED.

Order Signed:05/22/201805/21/2018Administrative EventJAIL CREDIT DAYS REPORT FILED.

05/21/2018Administrative EventCOURT STATUS SHEET FILED

05/22/2018Hearing Scheduling ActivityCompliance Hearing scheduled for 07/20/2018 at 8:15 AM.

05/23/2018Automated ENotice Issued to PartiesOrder Issued ---- 5/21/2018 : William Moss Nash;Bartholomew County Probation;James Grant Tucker Hearing Scheduling Activity ---- 5/22/2018 : William Moss Nash;Bartholomew County Probation;James Grant Tucker

07/20/2018Compliance Hearing

Session:07/20/2018 8:15 AM, Judicial Officer: Coriden, Kathleen Tighe

This is the 90 days sentence less 19 days time served and the July compliance hearing. It is BaCo not JoCo, as I had thought.

I also called Marion County Jail and yes he is there! The staff member I spoke to said there is a hold on DN, she did not know where from, she said a criminal violation, so perhaps CO? She went on to say that he would not be released until this was dealt with.

Case Search - MyCase

Just posting a link for the court data above as I have had posts deleted beforefor not providing them.
Site is so slow again - taking ages for stuff to post and to edit, with ads jumping up to get clicked on by mistake, yext lagging way behind, trying to edit text impossibly slow so I have given up on this post - please excuse typos therefore. .(probs reporyed already in welcome to websleuths forum thread 2 and being worked on)

OT - I ni notuce tons if guests online but only 50 or si members.

Last edited:
Looks like Colorado Teller County added two more hearing dates in July for child custody.

Docket for: Teller County - Teller County Courthouse
Showing 1 - 4 of 4 records

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
7/11/18
9:00 AM 1H NATIONS, DANIEL Hearing D602017JV33 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT
7/23/18
11:15 AM 2H NATIONS, DANIEL Hearing D602017JV33 Teller County Mediation Room B23 (Basement)
8/14/18
9:00 AM 3H NATIONS, DANIEL Hearing D602017JV33 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT
8/14/18
9:00 AM 1H NATIONS, DANIEL Review Hearing D602018DR30004 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

edited to add link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

Looks like Colorado Teller County added two more hearing dates in July for child custody.

Docket for: Teller County - Teller County Courthouse
Showing 1 - 4 of 4 records

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
7/11/18
9:00 AM 1H NATIONS, DANIEL Hearing D602017JV33 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT
7/23/18
11:15 AM 2H NATIONS, DANIEL Hearing D602017JV33 Teller County Mediation Room B23 (Basement)
8/14/18
9:00 AM 3H NATIONS, DANIEL Hearing D602017JV33 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT
8/14/18
9:00 AM 1H NATIONS, DANIEL Review Hearing D602018DR30004 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

edited to add link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

I'm giving up trying to make sense of these dates. Seems they expect him back in Co by the 11th July anyway....
Then BaCo In for the 20th July and JoCo In for Oct ??

I'm giving up trying to make sense of these dates. Seems they expect him back in Co by the 11th July anyway....
Then BaCo In for the 20th July and JoCo In for Oct ??
a hold on him? that's awesome. :)
The hold isn’t valid, at least from my research thus far. He has a hold for violation probation in El Paso county for not showing up to a probation hearing. BUT you cannot violate probation when you’re in custody. So this will eventually go away when an attorney can clear it up. It would probably just take a phone call IMO.

The hold isn’t valid, at least from my research thus far. He has a hold for violation probation in El Paso county for not showing up to a probation hearing. BUT you cannot violate probation when you’re in custody. So this will eventually go away when an attorney can clear it up. It would probably just take a phone call IMO.

But his release date was 6/22. And he’s still there.

Called the court house at 719-452-5000. The woman said that his hold in El Paso is for failure to show for probation. I asked her why, since hes in custody. She said they didn’t know he was still in custody. So once they are able to establish that, his attorney needs to clear it up.

I guess a county will not know why an offender doesn't show for his/her probation. That was the whole problem with DN in BaCo and JoCo - he just didn't show for his probation or SO registration.

What is this I am hearing about someone being extradited back to Colorado...? It is so hard to follow the court meandering... Could this be something to do with Tim Watkins' case... does anyone know... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood