Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never expressed my view on JH. For the first time that I can remember I cannot get a real grasp on where I think a person is coming from. I try to be more analytical than emotional, which is very hard at times. JH's contradictory statements (and actions) are so mind boggling, that I feel mentally, intuitively and emotionally frozen in forming a definitive opinion of him.

He is so complicated, so screwed up, so torn emotionally, so in denial, so guilty, so co-dependent, so defensive, so hiding secrets, so misplacing priorities, so dumb, so street smart, so grieving.

I have read all of our poster's different takes on him, and I find myself agreeing with polar opposite opinions of him. I believe that he loved Lucas, but I have no doubt that he failed him miserably.

I have never expressed my view on JH. For the first time that I can remember I cannot get a real grasp on where I think a person is coming from. I try to be more analytical than emotional, which is very hard at times. JH's contradictory statements (and actions) are so mind boggling, that I feel mentally, intuitively and emotionally frozen in forming a definitive opinion of him.

He is so complicated, so screwed up, so torn emotionally, so in denial, so guilty, so co-dependent, so defensive, so hiding secrets, so misplacing priorities, so dumb, so street smart, so grieving.

I have read all of our poster's different takes on him, and I find myself agreeing with polar opposite opinions of him. I believe that he loved Lucas, but I have no doubt that he failed him miserably.
Very well stated. I agree.

Think about this:

If JH says nothing and goes about daily life he’s criticized. People follow him who are crazily obsessed with this case.

If he does an interview and shares info he’s criticized for doing that.

I honestly don’t know what I would do in his place. This has been a quagmire of hell from the beginning. It doesn’t matter what he does now. Lucas is dead, nothings bringing him back. Emily’s dead, her path of destruction over. JH is left to put pieces back together if he can.

I sure would advise he not stay in Wichita. And to get as far away from all of the bad influences that got him here.
IMO if JH goes on about his daily life he will be forgotten about a lot faster than if he continues to give interviews.

IMO JH will be forgotten about a lot faster if he doesn't ask the public for more money.

Social Media has a short attention span and if JH chooses to unplug and stay out of the spotlight it won't take long for him to be left alone. MOO.

Lucas is the victim.

I’m not completely caught caught up yet, but I wanted to say something before I forget.

3 suicide notes. JH only knows what one said and that one is for MH. From that I assume the other two are for her boys. This means she did not leave one for JH & that is extremely telling imo.

Why would she not feel a need to say anything to him? Because he already knows.

Might certain portions of the autopsy/tox reports be sealed? Meaning will we know if she was really pregnant or not?

I’ll look it up but I think the only portions that can legally be redacted and confidential is anything that might be involved in another police investigation.

I half expect that if the disclosures are not upfront and forthcoming the media will file suit to have the casebook made public.

One if the most compelling arguments is the thousands of man hours both by volunteers and those by LE at a steep cost to taxpayers. I don’t have many hero’s, but I hold in high esteem every person who unselfishly gave their time. I can’t comprehend the effort it took to get up every single day and search for Lucas. Everyone involved should have deep gratitude from the State of Kansas. Each have their own reasons and motivations in my book. Each is an exemplary person who cares deeply for a child most never met and the community in which they live.

I was involved in the logistics during the search for the “Alaska Family Of Four”. I know the costs associated with searches of magnitude and the unquestionable devotion a community has to find one or four of their own. Everyone puts differences aside and concentrated on one thing, finding the missing nothing else matters.

My deepest admiration to each of those who so unselfishly of their time.

First time poster and follower of Lucas since day one. I have the upmost respect for everyone on this thread who spent countless hours searching for Lucas and answers. In trying to figure out JH, IMO, he picks the side that is less painful. For example: LH is missing or Emily disappeared him – he chose missing. JO kidnapped him or Emily disappeared him – he chose JO kidnapped him. LH died in his sleep or Emily disappeared him – he chose waiting for the autopsy because if he died in his sleep it is less painful than knowing Emily disappeared him.

First time poster and follower of Lucas since day one. I have the upmost respect for everyone on this thread who spent countless hours searching for Lucas and answers. In trying to figure out JH, IMO, he picks the side that is less painful. For example: LH is missing or Emily disappeared him – he chose missing. JO kidnapped him or Emily disappeared him – he chose JO kidnapped him. LH died in his sleep or Emily disappeared him – he chose waiting for the autopsy because if he died in his sleep it is less painful than knowing Emily disappeared him.
Welcome and great post! I think you might have hit the nail on the head!

Good morning, So I think Im done with analyzing JH lol and ready to move on to a different avenue. I was curious about GSR testing, the AR, etc. Again, I'm not saying this was not a suicide, just keeping an open mind until the official reports to come back. Of course there were notes written (which will of course be authenticized by a forensic document examiner).

Eta: nevermind, depressing subject (guns/suicide/gsr)

Eta/for reference:
"Forensic document examiners, also often referred to as questioned document examiners, are forensic scientists who are responsible for using a number of scientific processes and methods for examining documents—whether written, typed, or printed—related to a crime scene investigation."
Forensic Document Examiner Jobs, Salary and Certification

Last edited:
JH said in the podcast it was in his name only.

I wonder if EG had been listed on the occupant's section of the dwelling part on the lease? There is 1 section for the person responsible for the lease, and another area to jot down other occupants of the dwelling. I doubt EG wasn't listed on the lease...

Unless not listing EG had given JH some kind of leverage over her. (Form of control) Like, "Hey, I will boot you out if you do this, this or this... " Or if JH and EG ever had broken up, it would have been easier to get rid of her.

I snip the quote for focus, thank you.

I am so mad. So mad. Every time I even start to have sympathy for JH something like this comes out of his mouth. Really, seriously? His own words were he wasn't going to just kick her out? She had no where to go? What about Lucas! Why would a father care about a person that harmed his son!

What did that sweet little boy go through? It makes me sick.

You find a person dead you call 911 Johnathon! You don’t disappear the body! If he finds that normal then why didn’t he disappear Emily when he found her dead?

Instead he does what any normal person would do he calls 911. So he knows how that works right ? Yet still he’s giving Emily benifit of doubt when she disappears his son rather then call 911. I just don’t get it .

While I believe more than ever something is extremely wrong in that man, I am grateful to NG for getting him talking. Why? Because the case got quiet for Lucas after EG death and at least it’s being brought back to the front of the public’s mind and Lucas cannot he ignored or swept under the rug!
We need him staying forward in the media, next IF JH has any extra part in his death or disappearance (even if withholding info), he is being given plenty of rope to hang himself in trial, so to speak!

I wonder if EG had been listed on the occupant's section of the dwelling part on the lease? There is 1 section for the person responsible for the lease, and another area to jot down other occupants of the dwelling. I doubt EG wasn't listed on the lease...

Unless not listing EG had given JH some kind of leverage over her. (Form of control) Like, "Hey, I will boot you out if you do this, this or this... " Or if JH and EG ever had broken up, it would have been easier to get rid of her.
I would say obviously the LL was aware EG was living there as he called her while she was at OG. It sounds like (per JH) she wasn't financially responsible for it tho.

I keep thinking about JH still taking care of Emily even after she led DM to Lucas's body. He said he allowed her to stay in the house since he wasn't staying there and yet after a night out with his friends that's exactly where he went to stay the night! Knowing she was staying there! Huh? IMO there's really no huh about it. He was staying there with her. Period.

Yes, yes, yes..... that’s the part that just killed me “WELCOME” to stay... like she’s an honored guest or something.

Think it’s time for me to go,back to lurking. I don’t know how longtime webslethers manage to become long term. These cases where the kids are just out out like yesterday’s trash are too much for me.
BBM: LOL, I don't know how I made it long term either!

Could have been.

I also thought that maybe he told her that he got a gun, or was going to get a gun, and because of DM's warning that he said to her, "if I get a gun you won't do anything stupid, will you?" and said no, and he accepted that?

I don't know a lot about guns, but if I wanted a gun for protection then I'd get a hand gun. The one he got seems more of a thing that you could wave around for show to scare someone off and not have to shoot them? Or you might think that if the sight of it didn't scare them off then you could shoot a warning shot into the air? Maybe he didn't think this gun would be as likely to be used for suicide as a hand gun, and so if she reassured him that she'd be okay with a gun in the house he took her word for it? (A very bad decision for anyone who has a potentially suicidal person in the house to have an unlocked gun that they can get hold of).

Bouncing off your post, there is one more thing I would like to add. These two, EG and JH, have a history of domestic violence. EG has been known to be a real bad *advertiser censored* when she got into fights with JH, so then, why in hell would he put a gun within easy reach of her? He obviously didn't have a problem with arming her and did not have any concern that she would turn the weapon on him. She obviously did not fear that JH would harm her even after she led the PI straight to Lucas' body. IMO that means that he already knew what happened to Lucas and he most likely helped her find the location where he was disposed of. IMO, there were no surprises for JH to learn about Lucas.

It could have been credit related.

I keep thinking about JH still taking care of Emily even after she led DM to Lucas's body. He said he allowed her to stay in the house since he wasn't staying there and yet after a night out with his friends that's exactly where he went to stay the night! Knowing she was staying there! Huh? IMO there's really no huh about it. He was staying there with her. Period.

Could he have had to much to drink and the Edgemoor house was closer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail