Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the rest of the podcasts have been uploaded as yet.

There is no paywall on the podcasts; they are all free. The third one will come out on about June 1 2018. There will be at last eight podcasts and they're coming out at a rate of one a week because the investigating journalist is reacting to incoming information in real time.
You can subscribe free to the podcasts by going to iTunes or just go to the website theteacherspet.com.

Nocookies

Helena Simms believed her son-in-law Chris Dawson could do no wrong.

Unlike Helena’s husband Len, Chris Dawson did not touch alcohol. Chris was fit. Handsome. An upstanding school teacher. A former star footballer.

She adored him, and treated him very much as a son, trusting him implicitly.

But when Chris moved Joanne Curtis, one of his teenage female students, into the family home, Helena worried about the impact it would have on her daughter Lyn, and the relationship between Lyn and Chris.

Even if you don't have the time to sleuthe this case, please take a moment to sign the petition. Maybe, just maybe if the DPP see's that this case is getting world-wide attention they will take more action.

http://www.gopetition.com.au/petition/35813.html

Thanks.
BWI
the link to the petition no longer works. :-(
does anybody know how it went? did it get passed on?
now would be a good time to get some signatures while its in the media again.

the link to the petition no longer works. :-(
does anybody know how it went? did it get passed on?
now would be a good time to get some signatures while its in the media again.
The petition was in 2010. 8 years ago. There hasn't been a trial so I think it's safe to assume that it didn't work. The DPP has to be confident that there is a good chance of conviction. The coroner does not have to face a defence. If further information is obtained from this podcast, that may give a chance for the case to go to trial.

can not fathom how joanne could live in that house knowing lyn was buried outside!
I would have run a mile from that creep :-/

pathetic
ol boys club
the usual rules
some of these cops should be held accountable for contempt of neglecting the truth. burying their heads in the sand....oooh hes a football player...….so damn what!!!!!! don't they take a bloody oath?????

its disgusting one of the daughters supports that .
for the simple fact alone of him moving a young girl into her mothers bed straight up which has been proven as fact as an adult she can comprehend what that all means.
shame on her.
could she really truly believe this is all a witch hunt on her father and her mother abandoned her. never to surface again.
one day she'll wake up hopefully.

Unfortunately i think in cases like this, the father had the power to corrupt the daughters mind all those years from a young age. And now she's older, it's just easier to go along believing her dad rather than questioning his version of events.

joanne does my head in.
she has her cake and eats it too imo.

she takes over lyns life to me in a confident manner like that's that then.

if she truly went along with chris's crap on about lyn leaving of her own accord...why was she not worried or preoccupied about lyn coming back???????????
what if chris and lyn rekindle????
they do have 15 years of history together afterall.
where does that leave me???
if I was a 16 year old in this situation I would be petrified i'd loose him to her at some stage. as she should have been scared. (of this outcome) once chris realised what an incompetent little girl she actually was compared to a beautiful confident trophy wife mother he once had.

but no...….
these thought processes NEVER crossed her mind . the removal of lyn is what THEY BOTH WANTED.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member