Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just having a look through my watched threads and the topic of conversation on 4 of them was users struggling with the site.
Personally I’m ok since I figured out how to block the videos, I’m getting the black screen maybe once or twice a day but I just shut it down and open it up again then it’s ok.
I’m mostly a Likey Lurker so don’t post very often but when I do its much easier since I blocked the ads.
I’m just concerned that if we all block the ads then WS won’t receive as much revenue from them.
Perhaps if @Tricia could confirm if this is the case. I’d be happy to donate to WS some other way.

I started having this problem yesterday, and it just happened again. I was going to the next page in one of my threads (as I was doing the same thing yesterday) and it came up with:

The connection has timed out

The server at www.websleuths.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

This message I only got when I tried a court site in the U.S. because of new EU laws - and HOPING they are NOT trying to block Websleuths!!!!
animated-smileys-astonished-08.gif

I keep on getting an “aww snap, something went wrong” page while I’m reading threads. I have to refresh to get back to where I was. I’m on chrome, iPhone. It only happens while on webslueths.
when i attempt to "like" a post I'm now getting a pop-up box that asks me if i really want to like the post
I use Samsung mobile and

Same here.

I started having this problem yesterday, and it just happened again. I was going to the next page in one of my threads (as I was doing the same thing yesterday) and it came up with:

The connection has timed out

The server at www.websleuths.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

This message I only got when I tried a court site in the U.S. because of new EU laws - and HOPING they are NOT trying to block Websleuths!!!!
animated-smileys-astonished-08.gif
Same here.

Now sometimes when I try to post a black square appears or half my screen turns gray.

I can't seem to find my posts under "New Posts"? I just tested it with another thread. Let's see if this one comes up. Brb.

Eta: it did not come up, BUT I did figure out that you have to click on "Recent Posts"....cool, fixed that one.

I love over how the link title automatically appears when you post the url....will probably save me years of my life now haha (oh the hours and hours over the years going back and forth between 2 open windows, first copy and paste link, then copy and paste title...).

Grrr, I have been since 6:30 am trying to get a page to come up on here - load! My patience are wearing thin in trying to use this new site.

Why can I take not be fixed???? Why can I not have control of my ipad' , If I hit backspace, it takes lines out.then it die, one mistake and it takes forever to correct it.

I am just about ready to leave, I spend more time making corrections where the system does its own thing, the web page has to reload and I loose my post, waiting for the page to scroll, etc. The problems are not improving!

Grrr, I have been since 6:30 am trying to get a page to come up on here - load! My patience are wearing thin in trying to use this new site.

Why can I take not be fixed???? Why can I not have control of my ipad' , If I hit backspace, it takes lines out.then it die, one mistake and it takes forever to correct it.

I am just about ready to leave, I spend more time making corrections where the system does its own thing, the web page has to reload and I loose my post, waiting for the page to scroll, etc. The problems are not improving!

What year is your Ipad? Does it have all updates? I have no problem on an Ipad or any device I have tried.

I have cleared my cookies, I turn it off and boot it up again to no avail. I am in US, problem is only on WS since new system.

Helpppp, I can't find Foxfire's thread! : panic : Iirc the title was "Longtime Ws member Foxfire has passed away" (or something similar)

If the issues are WS based, the following info probably won't solve problems like these, but might help with other battery issues in general. IMO

On my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (an oldie but still a goody), if I go into settings / General and choose "Battery" it brings up a graph that lets me know what percentage of my battery is being used by a particular app. Sometimes, there are apps or other processes being used in the background, and I'm surprised by how much "juice" is being used.

Also, in the app store (android), there are a number of utility apps that deal with battery issues, as well as phone "cleaners" that provide a "cool down" action if your phone is burning up.

I've tried many of the battery savers out there, and a few of them actually increased consumption! I found an app called "Hibernation" and it kills most of my running apps once the screen goes off. You can "white list" apps that you want to keep running (I think that's how it works. . . all I know is that it works!)

Thank you.... it was definitely from safari bc I am really conscious of closing apps.... I rarely have more than two apps open at once, if even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail