Anyone Else Freezing Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having trouble scrolling and posting on my phone yesterday, I haven't tried on it since. It works OK on my computer though.

I'm having trouble on 2 different devices, completely different from each other, 2 different types, 2 different browsers...

I'm having trouble scrolling and posting, using an iPad. I now have three video ads running simultaneously. Two of them are the strangest Kentucky Fried Chicken ads I've ever seen and hard to believe they are KFC ads.

(Lol)

Seems worse today. Incredibly frustrating, but im too addcted to give up. Took a very long time to type this post. Like type a few letters, wait wait wait. Give up. Come back. Type a few more. Wait wait wait. Walk dog. Type a few more let.... rs...ugh

(Hahahaha, "too addicted to give up"...that was me today, logging back in after every post!)

I don't know for sure if it's the ads or not, but since I followed some advice here and downloaded extensions specific to each browser (for Edge, for Chrome, for Mozilla), I have not experienced the slow-down lag (so far, crossing my fingers). I am learning from others who have tried to help by posting links and names not to do that, but basically you want to block the ads, with block being the verb and ad being the object. Therefore, you'll Google in the singular as "ObjectVerber for [insert browser here]". There are privacy things you want to read thoroughly and decide if that's for you. I know this is elementary to some, but I can be too when it comes to technology. hth!

I followed this advice for my IPhone (safari) and things have been running better. No more gray screens! Yay! Still have to click twice to like or to go to unread watched pages and a little lag (nothing like the lag I had before), I can deal with this now. Thank you so much!

Now im getting the pop-up that says You won a free iPhone or You won an Amazon gift card , freezes up device , just like the old site did a while back before i switched to tapatalk.

Im' open minded and want to include everyone. Just curious about the Middle Eastern ads. Right to left script. Women in hijabs. Real Estate ? School? Prob seen 4-5 of these.

I use Samsung Mobile or Samsung tablet. Both Android.

Took about 30 min to type this post. Freezing, reloading page& whatever else going on that prevents more than 3-4 keystrokes at a time.

Appreciate time & energy invested in updating site. Just frustrated! My addiction is all .....wonky? LoL

I never use my mobile devices on WS. This is a test post using my Kindle Fire. There is no problems so far doing this test post.

It has been acting a little jumpy the past couple of days ... it takes time to load believe it is the various ads and videos connected.

It has been acting a little jumpy the past couple of days ... it takes time to load believe it is the various ads and videos connected.
Are you using a desktop or a mobile device? PC, Apple, Android?

I logged on with my Samsung Galaxy J7 and there where videos playing with no sound that didn't seem to affect anything.

Same when using my Kindle Fire with Silk browser. Strange that some are having problems but not all.

I have freezing probs on all my sites, sometimes. It's like back to dialup... I was wondering if it is the internet provider slowing things down?

Here is a test post using my Samsung
Seems to work ok. The ads make me have to scroll to get where I need to be but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital