Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if BS can produce pages and pages off this thread of people's opinions of what he has done, as evidence of the impression some reporting may have given the public? I also wonder if it was him that made the complaints to the press council initially about some early articles, it might have been anyone who felt that the reporting was stepping over a line and stank. IMO

I wonder if BS can produce pages and pages off this thread of people's opinions of what he has done, as evidence of the impression some reporting may have given the public? I also wonder if it was him that made the complaints to the press council initially about some early articles, it might have been anyone who felt that the reporting was stepping over a line and stank. IMO

It is only two media articles in question, so that would severely limit the related opinions he could produce to a courtroom.

And I would think that he would need to prove that forum opinions here and elsewhere were the same opinions as the prospective local customers who don't use his business and created a loss of income. So why then not just ask the local prospective customers themselves?

Also, I imagine that the defence can rebutt with his personal YouTube video and Support Bill Spedding page as equal feeders of the fire (equal to two MSM articles, I mean).

I think it is tricky to sue the media for two articles, when you are busy publishing things yourself and/or your supporters are.

Last edited:
It is only two media articles in question, so that would severely limit the related opinions he could produce to a courtroom.

And he would need to prove that forum opinions everywhere were the same opinions as the prospective local customers that don't use his business and produced a loss of income.

Also, I imagine that the defence can rebutt with his personal YouTube video and Support Bill Spedding page as equal feeders of the fire (equal to two MSM articles, I mean).

I think it is tricky to sue the media for two articles, when you are busy publishing things yourself and/or your supporters are.

Maybe I have missed something, i know the media companies involved, how do we know the exact articles that he is pursuing in court? I don't think the defence would get very far with the examples as they are not MSM even though MSM broadcast the video, the other I understand is a private page on facebook. To my mind there is no comparison. IMO

Maybe I have missed something, i know the media companies involved, how do we know the exact articles that he is pursuing in court? I don't think the defence would get very far with the examples as they are not MSM even though MSM broadcast the video, the other I understand is a private page on facebook. To my mind there is no comparison. IMO

If you read the caselaw, you can easily identify the two articles by the descriptions in the caselaw.

Whether the comparison is MSM or not, it cannot dispute that Spedding and his supporters have been actively trying to influence. Their opinions creep outside of the private page, as you might be aware.

MSM is not the only source that influences people. Apparently, having a van that has 'peddo's hir' written on the front can do the same - hence his lawsuit about the photo.

I didn't realise until this case that some people pronounce paedophile as pedophile.

To me it rhymes with pea . On searching I see that this is the UK/Australian pronunciation while US pronunciation does rhyme with bed.
Also it does only have one D in it. I am thinking that WS probably didn't even think of how it might sound and look to some with the S faded away.

Hey Toots. I’m an Aussie and I pronounce it Pedo. I’m guessing as a young bloke BS got nick named Speddo as would be the norm over here with no inuendo intended. It’s just what we do. We shorten names. I would then see it as totally normal to name his business Speddo’s.

It’s like a kid named Reegan but he’s known as Reegs in his sporting career
Or someone named Hudson and he’s known as Hudo. Even a last name Thurston and he’s know as Thursty

Last edited:
Read back in the thread , it’s there

Hey Toots. I’m an Aussie and I pronounce it Pedo. I’m guessing as a young bloke BS got nick named Speddo as would be the norm over here with no inuendo intended. It’s just what we do. We shorten names. I would then see it as totally normal to name his business Speddo’s.

Or someone named Hudson and he’s known as Hudo. Even a last name Thurston and he’s know as Thursty

Why is a red-head named ‘Blue’ ?
Crazy bloody Aussies.

Sounds like it’s spelt ‘filthy peddo’, rock spider is all the same.
That’s good enough for me.

It seems MS thought the community had been very supportive.
Could a few pictures of a work van missing and s and an e , really change that?

He is a person of the ‘highest level of interest’ but not a suspect NSW Police have stressed.
Former local businessman Bill Spedding still appears to be the highest profile person at the heart of the search for three year old toddler William Tyrrell on the NSW North Coast.

Mr Spedding’s wife told Fairfax Media she was bewildered with the current rumours and speculation about her and husband.

‘’The community is unbelievable here they are supporting us and I understand many people in Wellington who knew Bill are astounded about the story.’’ Margaret Spedding said.

‘’I am surprised they are not looking elsewhere, we have nothing to do with this’’ she said.
Mr Spedding told media it was “quite surprising” the search was taking place so close to his home.
However he understood the police and their line of enquiry.
“They’re only doing their job,” he said.

Search for William - Police talk to Mr Spedding again
4 March 2015

It seems MS thought the community had been very supportive.
Could a few pictures of a work van missing and s and an e , really change that?

He is a person of the ‘highest level of interest’ but not a suspect NSW Police have stressed.
Former local businessman Bill Spedding still appears to be the highest profile person at the heart of the search for three year old toddler William Tyrrell on the NSW North Coast.

Mr Spedding’s wife told Fairfax Media she was bewildered with the current rumours and speculation about her and husband.

‘’The community is unbelievable here they are supporting us and I understand many people in Wellington who knew Bill are astounded about the story.’’ Margaret Spedding said.

‘’I am surprised they are not looking elsewhere, we have nothing to do with this’’ she said.
Mr Spedding told media it was “quite surprising” the search was taking place so close to his home.
However he understood the police and their line of enquiry.
“They’re only doing their job,” he said.

Search for William - Police talk to Mr Spedding again
4 March 2015
Why is this lie perpetuated here even after it has been discussed by same people over the years? That is not what police said at all.
This is what police actually said. It is in quote marks and attributed to who said it:
"At the very highest, he is a person of interest but he is not the only person of interest," Superintendent Willing said.
Bones not connected to search for toddler William Tyrrell, but police scour bushland

I can't believe we're even having this conversation? Does anyone really think that if one were a pedophile, they would put that as their business name on their business vehicle? Or am I lost and should go and catch up?

If you read the caselaw, you can easily identify the two articles by the descriptions in the caselaw.

Whether the comparison is MSM or not, it cannot dispute that Spedding and his supporters have been actively trying to influence. Their opinions creep outside of the private page, as you might be aware.

MSM is not the only source that influences people. Apparently, having a van that has 'peddo's hir' written on the front can do the same - hence his lawsuit about the photo.
I'm pretty confident that BS is using more than 2 MSM articles in his lawsuit. jmo.

Hope so, personally.

Or the many of Williams who are known as Bill. (I will never understand especially this.)

I'm pretty confident that BS is using more than 2 MSM articles in his lawsuit. jmo.

You may not have read the caselaw ... item 3 is quite clear about how many articles are subject to this defamation case and trial.

There was another article(s) involved in legal argument with another publisher, but that argument has been dealt with and there are no further proceedings, apparently that legal argument has not eventuated in a defamation trial.
From what I can see on the internet, the publisher has pulled that article from circulation.

Last edited:
I wonder if BS can produce pages and pages off this thread of people's opinions of what he has done, as evidence of the impression some reporting may have given the public?

Hope so, personally.

That would be hearsay.

I have been told (so, this is imo) that any evidence would have to come first-hand. As in, out of the mouth of a person/s who did not want to use Spedding's local services - perhaps cancelled an appointment with him - because either/both of those specific two articles derogatorily affected their opinion of him.

Last edited:
I can't believe we're even having this conversation? Does anyone really think that if one were a pedophile, they would put that as their business name on their business vehicle? Or am I lost and should go and catch up?
I imagine that the S got scratched off many times over the years. It could be something that he is so used to happening he doesn't notice it anymore. A good question would be, who keeps scratching it off and why? Is it just a joke?

I imagine that the S got scratched off many times over the years. It could be something that he is so used to happening he doesn't notice it anymore. A good question would be, who keeps scratching it off and why? Is it just a joke?

Kids will be kids?
It makes for perfect Aussie rhyming slang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane