CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling the police have a very good idea of who killed Audrey but lack the evidence to get a conviction. They are probably hoping that person slips at some point giving them that extra ammunition to lay charges.

I really think Dellen Millard and his friends might have killed Audrey while trying to steal her car.

I've been following these threads with an interest. I know PK as an acquaintance from several years ago. He probably does not remember me. I am continuing to hold out hope that the police will catch whoever was responsible for this heartless crime. The statement that stands out the most to me from reading all these threads is "young and close". I wonder if the police looked at the Ferguson's son who lived across the street.

Welcome to Ws maidmarcia!
:Welcome1:

I have a feeling the police have a very good idea of who killed Audrey but lack the evidence to get a conviction. They are probably hoping that person slips at some point giving them that extra ammunition to lay charges.

bbm

:waiting: ............

I really think Dellen Millard and his friends might have killed Audrey while trying to steal her car.

I have suspected likewise. Stranger seen walking up her driveway. I'm today thinking of a remark I think MS made about not making a mistake this time for TB's murder. I'd have to search for such a statement as I'm only using memory. I wondered if she had her camero for sale.

I have suspected likewise. Stranger seen walking up her driveway. I'm today thinking of a remark I think MS made about not making a mistake this time for TB's murder. I'd have to search for such a statement as I'm only using memory. I wondered if she had her camero for sale.

I don't believe her car was for sale (and I doubt it was) but they could have seen her driving around and followed her. Later coming back in the night to steal it and happened on Audrey.

I've been following these threads with an interest. I know PK as an acquaintance from several years ago. He probably does not remember me. I am continuing to hold out hope that the police will catch whoever was responsible for this heartless crime. The statement that stands out the most to me from reading all these threads is "young and close". I wonder if the police looked at the Ferguson's son who lived across the street.
By 'close', I don't believe it was meant in the context of 'distance', but rather, it was meant in the context of 'relationship'. When we look at AG's life, knowing she had no children, no family, no neighbours she was 'close' to (not talking about distance).. we should look at who was close to her, relationship-wise. And then out of those, who is also 'young'?

<Modsnip / note: There are no officially named POIs / suspects in Audrey's case> It seems that police are stymied until such time as a person close to the killer comes clean to the police with facts and truths.

It infuriates me to think that so much precious time was wasted, memories/statements, and possibly even evidence could potentially have become unattainable due to the tunnel-vision of the original investigators in believing they had their killer on a neat little platter serving up the weird, schizophrenic, homeless man, which turned out to be wrong. By the time investigators reopened the case to other possibilities, so much could have been lost, ie speaking right away to people while memories were fresh who may not have been questioned at the time, who were associated with newly considered POI(s).

BBM
Angela Abrams has worked 20 years with the Hamilton Police Service, five in the homicide unit &#8212; starting roughly around the time of Audrey Gleave's murder.
She knows that the critical period in an investigation is the early hours and days when witnesses are more likely to speak openly and evidence is fresh.

As months and years go by people move on, are less inclined to come forward with information.

Her partner on the case, Det. Joe Stewart, chooses his words cautiously but says the murder remains something of a riddle. They have theories, he says, but have to remain objective and not have tunnel vision on one suspect.

The bar they must meet, proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, is a high one, he says.

"There are people of interest who deserve further investigation."

What do they need to break the case?

"People may know things," he says.

Abrams is only a shade more direct.
"Everyone we have talked to has been co-operative but there's a difference between being co-operative and telling the truth," she says.

Who killed Audrey Gleave?

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:

IF MS' mother had been a teacher then she would have known Audrey because of same year at teacher's college (link lost in the meantime). IF the women had known one another then it might be Audrey visited MS' mother perhaps; maybe her memorable white shiny Camaro with a nice sound was seen/heard by MS and gang. Who knows.

Otherwise my personally POI remains "the same as every year". :secret:

Just came across this old unsolved murder which is unrelated to Audrey's murder, but noting because of a couple of similarities between the two women.
Both were teachers, each drove a Mustang and had a German association.
Fwiw, speculation, imo.

Esther MacLennan | Cold cases - Sûreté du Québec
esther_maclennan.jpg

File Number:
103-740620-011
Esther MacLennan On June 15th, 1974, Mrs. Esther MacLennan spent the evening at the German Canadian Social Center ("Bavarian" club) located at 20 Crémazie street in Montreal. At around 03:30 am, on June 16th, she left alone walking on Crémazie Street heading westbound. This 40-year-old teacher was never seen alive again after that moment. She was reported missing 2 days after by a co-worker. Her lifeless body was found on June 20, 1974.
Her vehicle, a 1974 Ford Mustang, was found abandoned in a parking lot at the corner of Pie IX and Jean-Talon in Montreal.

Indiana State Police use new DNA software for crimes

Scientists in New Zealand and Australia designed the software in 2011 called STRmix.

"Mixtures of multiple people become so complex that the human brain isn't really good at figuring them out," he said. "You can't take everything into consideration. You could falsely include people, and we don't want to do that."

The software combines biological modeling, statistical theory, computer algorithms and probability distributions to infer genotypes and calculate likelihoods for the DNA profiles from forensic samples.

Sobieralski said State Police anticipate the new software's validity will be challenged in court.

MSP - Police Seek Information in Murder of Alexandra Brueger
(The link has nothing to do with Audrey's case. The content of the link though has to do with a violent act as in case AG.)
Individuals involved in a violent act often exhibit noticeable behavior changes after the commission of a crime. The following are possible indicators that may be observed:
Remembering end of 2010/beginning of 2011:
  • Acting oddly or out of their normal character since this incident happened.
  • Showing signs of internal distress, such as anxiety, nervousness, or irritability.
  • An unexplained or stress induced illness.
  • An above average interest in this incident.
  • Has become more reclusive and anti-social.
  • Has not shown up for work or missed regularly attended gatherings or meetings.
  • Has unexpectedly changed their appearance.
  • No longer utilizes a vehicle or has excessively cleaned the interior/exterior of the vehicle.
  • Has started or increased a consumption of cigarettes, alcohol and/or drugs.
  • Unexpected or last minute travel; departed area without reason and/or destination.

Last edited by a moderator:
Audrey Gleave is also not forgotten 30 kilometres away, on the second floor of Central Police Station on King William Street.

A white Homicide Case Book rests on the desk of Det. Angela Abrams. The cover reads: "Gleave, Audrey 10.12.30."

Abrams exchanges glances with the victim each day on the job.

Who killed Audrey Gleave?

MSP - Police Seek Information in Murder of Alexandra Brueger
(The link has nothing to do with Audrey's case. The content of the link though has to do with a violent act as in case AG.)
Individuals involved in a violent act often exhibit noticeable behavior changes after the commission of a crime. The following are possible indicators that may be observed:
Remembering end of 2010/beginning of 2011:
  • Acting oddly or out of their normal character since this incident happened.
  • Showing signs of internal distress, such as anxiety, nervousness, or irritability.
  • An unexplained or stress induced illness.
  • An above average interest in this incident.
  • Has become more reclusive and anti-social.
  • Has not shown up for work or missed regularly attended gatherings or meetings.
  • Has unexpectedly changed their appearance.
  • No longer utilizes a vehicle or has excessively cleaned the interior/exterior of the vehicle.
  • Has started or increased a consumption of cigarettes, alcohol and/or drugs.
  • Unexpected or last minute travel; departed area without reason and/or destination.
You've lost me... ?? Did someone become ill? Or leave unexpectedly for a different destination??

I suppose nightmares might also be a symptom of internal distress?

The Citizen Scientist Who Finds Killers from her Couch

Moore’s services are, essentially, the “package.”

Provided a DNA profile, she first assesses, on a scale of 1 to 5, whether or not genetic genealogy is likely to break the case. A 5 is nearly hopeless. A 1 is a sure bet. The ranking depends on factors like the quality of the DNA and what a quick search reveals about the number of matching relatives in a growing open database called GEDmatch. So far, Parabon has plugged 100 cases into the database, and Moore has been working on about 10.
-.-
Moore was given access to the DNA profile on a Friday. She turned in the answer Monday morning. It proved easier than expected. She had hits on both sides of the family. That let her triangulate to a couple with three daughters and one son. Process of elimination. It must be him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear