GUILTY IN - April Tinsley, 8, Fort Wayne, 1 April 1988 *Arrest*

Who saw April being forced into the truck and did they call 911 right away?

Have any new witnesses come forward from the building of his face from the DNA profile?

That is fascinating software being used.

I just learned of this case listening to "True Crime Garage". I think, based off of the evidence and how comfortable with the taunting the killer is, it is conceivable that they are pretty familiar with the area. That said, I wonder if the authorities have looked into the killer being a delivery driver of some sort or even a postal worker. I think that the killer is purposely writing in a "childlike" fashion to throw the investigators off. I wonder if the killer may have made a child write the notes. Also, are the children that he left the notes for connected in some way to April? (Did they attend the same school 16 years apart?) Just some questions and thoughts on this case.

For anyone still following this thread: I'd love to talk to anyone who lives in Ft. Wayne or has ties to the case. I'm doing a 6 part story on April's case and I have met with the family but I'm also trying to get a feel for what's being said and what rumors are out there. If you have any info, even if it's small I'd love to hear from you.

This guy's unhinged. The notes are a terrorist act on his part, he gets satisfaction watching the towns reaction. A powerless, impotent man who's playing at Freddie Kruger. If hes alive, I get the sense he doesn't take care of himself, hes holed up, withdrawn. May be medical problems, he might not need to kill again, but he's got compulsions difficult to ignore. Probably suffers from psychological problems to the point he'd need meds. That's my take

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Just read this thread. With the R and L being written in all caps, do you think that is a hint from him with his initials? teasing the public that way. Also, the girls that received the notes, he has to be from the area to know that little girls lived in the house.

It's amazing how they can put together a face from DNA. Now if they could get it out into the public!
Maybe LE can go a step further and trace relatives as well as location area from the DNA ?

This video lists the addresses for this case. Maybe a map could be made and added to this thread.

ETA -
I am so sorry. When the link showed up in my post, it showed a picture of the toy on the thread so I deleted it.
I am suggesting you do a Google search on April Tinsley to find the youtube video. It should be right near the top of the search list. It was made in Feb of this year.

[video]https://youtu.be/-Izzsr2WZNg[/video]

Gray Hughes uploaded a 57 minute video on this case last night. He is going to have a live discussion on his YouTube channel tonight.

30 years later in Fort Wayne: Where is April Marie Tinsley’s killer?
http://www.news-sentinel.com/news/l...s-later-where-is-april-marie-tinsleys-killer/

Every time the month of April rolls around, Janet Tinsley is in her “depression” mode. It will last until April 8, the day 30 years ago this year that a memorial service was held for her daughter, April Marie Tinsley.

“No one call. No one text. I’m not answering the door,” Janet Tinsley said Wednesday at a public balloon launch at April’s Garden, a memorial for her 8-year-old daughter on donated land at Hoagland and Masterson avenues. It’s just around the corner from where the Tinsley family – Janet, her husband, Michael, and their then-2-year-old son, Paul – were living when April was kidnapped, sexually molested and found suffocated days later in DeKalb County.

The April Marie Tinsley case: a timeline of the Fort Wayne girl’s 1988 kidnapping and killing
http://www.news-sentinel.com/news/l...fort-wayne-girls-1988-kidnapping-and-killing/

It's amazing how they can put together a face from DNA. Now if they could get it out into the public!
Maybe LE can go a step further and trace relatives as well as location area from the DNA ?

This video lists the addresses for this case. Maybe a map could be made and added to this thread.

ETA -
I am so sorry. When the link showed up in my post, it showed a picture of the toy on the thread so I deleted it.
I am suggesting you do a Google search on April Tinsley to find the youtube video. It should be right near the top of the search list. It was made in Feb of this year.

Absolutely, about the DNA, hopefully someone from LE will put it into GedMatch, get a hit and nail this excuse for a human being. If ever any murderer needed to be made to pay and be off the streets it's this man. Everything needs to be tried in this case.

Absolutely, about the DNA, hopefully someone from LE will put it into GedMatch, get a hit and nail this excuse for a human being. If ever any murderer needed to be made to pay and be off the streets it's this man. Everything needs to be tried in this case.

In my opinion, it's not IF but WHEN this guy will be caught

On the Case with Paula Zahn will be airing a new episode on April's case on July 15 at 10pm on ID channel. Hopefully it will spark some new leads.

That is awesome! There are a lot of people that have not heard about some of these older cases, and this one is appalling. Crime Junkie podcast did a pretty good episode about the case recently

That is awesome! There are a lot of people that have not heard about some of these older cases, and this one is appalling. Crime Junkie podcast did a pretty good episode about the case recently
The CJ pod was what got me interested in the case. ID Channel usually reruns episodes, too, so there's a good chance that April's episode will be on more than once.

While we wait for the Paula Zahn episode, I'd be curious to hear others' thoughts and theories on April's case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert
Back