Alexis Murphy Search Discussion / Remains located December 2020

Alexis Murphy: Friends and Family Gather 2 Years After She Disappeared
Posted: Aug 02, 2015 6:05 PM CST
NELSON COUNTY, Va. (WVIR) - On August 3, 2013, 17-year-old Alexis Murphy vanished. Sunday night, family members, friends, and the community gathered at her high school to mark the anniversary.

Close to 100 people came to remember the smiling student at Nelson County High School and share stories about how she impacted their lives before she disappeared.
Murphy's remains are still missing, and so is closure for her family.

“It's important because you know; we don't have her or her body so the closure means that we can try to piece our life back together to move on. So the closure really means a lot to me right now. More than anything,” says Laura Murphy, Alexis’ Mom.

Video & more at link.

I also posted this on Hannah Grahams board because I am not sure where to post this. Did anyone see the commercial for the new season of 48 Hours starting Sept 26? It is about Hannah Graham, Alexis Murphy and Morgan Harrington- all being connected to Jesse Matthews! I did not know Alexis was linked to them by him! It said DNA connected 3 separate cases. Are they not talking about Alexis? What did I miss? Help me! I thought I missed something, but I am not seeing where it was discussed!

I also posted this on Hannah Grahams board because I am not sure where to post this. Did anyone see the commercial for the new season of 48 Hours starting Sept 26? It is about Hannah Graham, Alexis Murphy and Morgan Harrington- all being connected to Jesse Matthews! I did not know Alexis was linked to them by him! It said DNA connected 3 separate cases. Are they not talking about Alexis? What did I miss? Help me! I thought I missed something, but I am not seeing where it was discussed!

Maybe the 3rd DNA connection is the Fairfax case? DNA didn't link JM to Alexis, they ran tests IIRC but no match.

Thanks for the heads up, I need to find a way to watch this!!

Maybe the 3rd DNA connection is the Fairfax case? DNA didn't link JM to Alexis, they ran tests IIRC but no match.

Thanks for the heads up, I need to find a way to watch this!!

I'd like to watch it too, let me know if you find a way, Skibs.

I'm looking to see what I can find out about this episode; so far I only found this link. It should be updated soon to include a program description for the 26th. Thanks for the heads up.
http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/48-hours/episodes/195619/

I thought JLM was ruled out for sure in AM's case (they must be talking about Fairfax, MH and perhaps another third victim?). I think RAT's our guy; however, I did create this thread, investigating a possible connection between RAT and JLM:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?259956-Possible-Links-between-RAT-and-JM

*There was a creepy post on AM's twitter, something possibly to do with JLM iirc, about her leggings and being at the gas station...

Sure will CMC! 2 hour special! I feel bad saying, but I'm really excited about watching this! My husband thinks I'm crackers lol

Hi Skibs.

Can someone please repost the link for the special? Tia.

@@screenshot.gif

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/copy_of_alexis-tiara-murphy

I'm so sad that Alexis has never been found. Just listened to a podcast about her case tonight - an episode of Court Junkie. Alexis' aunt was interviewed and I'm so impressed with this family, especially when she explained their response to the perp's offer to tell them where Alexis is for a lighter sentence. I don't know if I would have the same moral fortitude they have shown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am reasonably local and so want justice for Alexis. Unfortunately Nelson County is so heavily wooded and lightly populated I wouldn't know where to begin. I keep hoping that Randy talks in prison and the information makes its way out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back