Found Deceased Raymond Mcgavin, 19, District Of Columbia, 17 June 2018

McGavin's father told News4 that a body was found, but DNA testing is needed to confirm the identity. Police have not confirmed or denied the reported discovery to the public.

McGavin's family began desperately searching for him after he didn't return from a U2 concert at Capital One Arena in D.C. on Sunday. His family says he went to catch the Metro, but missed the last train to Springfield.
He texted a friend at 11:32 p.m. to say he had "found a way home." No one heard from him after that text.

His family says he posted a video of himself walking along train tracks on Snapchat about 1 a.m. Monday, but he didn't say where he was.

Police Suspend Investigation of Va. Teen Who Went Missing

I'm wondering whether he was hit by a train (as he was walking along train tracks), or jumped on one when it was slow moving to get home?
I think you may be right. They say DNA is needed to confirm ID, so it sounds like visual ID is a problem. He wasn't missing long enough for natural forces to make him that hard to ID. :(

Where in Springfield was he found?

This is my friends nephew. I'm heartbroken for her and her family.

I’m so so sorry for your friend and her family. I hate that this happened.

I find myself placing a chunk of the blame on Metro’s service reductions. That’s probably unfair and we don’t yet know what happened, but I also know how many people were left in that arena without a public transportation option.

Through no fault of their own, people were forced to choose between missing some of the show and having a sure way to get home. Very poor communication also probably left many of them surprised and lacking an alternate plan.

He missed the last Franconia-Springfield Metro train but told a friend around 11:30 p.m. he was getting home another way. He had last been heard from around 1 a.m. when he posted a Snapchat video walking on train tracks. The family believed he was around Beltsville, Md.

Body Found In Springfield Could Be Missing Teen

RIP Raymond

There hasn't been any confirmation the body was his. Why isn't LE saying anything about any of these mysterious deaths occurring in the woods of Northern VA?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back