Presumed Located Mi - Inee Buggs, 66, Detroit, 25 Nov 2016

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Inee Buggs
Nickname/Alias: Inee Collins or Coco
Wayne County, Michigan
66 year old black/african american female

Height: 67 inches
Weight: 120-125 lbs

Hair: Gray or Partially Gray;
short with possible little twisted braides
Eyes: Brown

Transportation Methods: She does travel the buses to different States

Was placed in Adult home care and walked out and hasn't been seen since November of 2016.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/37378/

Intetesting is that there is a Dec 2916 date as passed away and the memorial in Nov 2017. I assume it took a while to identify her.

Would be nice if Namus would update case.

How do we know she was found? She might have been legally declared deceased, but still missing. It is not unheard of for family to have a memorial for a missing person who was declared deceased as a way to try to gain closure.

Media from Feb 2017:
inee-buggs-e1487367784439.jpg

DETROIT (WWJ) – Police are hoping a tip from the public can help them solve a “serious missing” case in Detroit.

Police say 66-year-old Inee Buggs, who suffers from a mental illness, walked away from the Drake Adult DayCare located in the 13500 block of Mettetal in November, 2016, and never returned.

Buggs is described as a black female, 5’7’’ tall and around 120 lbs. with brown eyes, salt-and-pepper colored hair. Her clothing description was not provided.

Police said Buggs is believed to be in good physical condition, but takes medication for schizophrenia.

She may be going by the alias “Inee Collins.”
Tips Wanted In Case Of Detroit Woman Missing Since November

Inee Buggs
Nickname/Alias: Inee Collins or Coco
Wayne County, Michigan
66 year old black/african american female

Height: 67 inches
Weight: 120-125 lbs

Hair: Gray or Partially Gray;
short with possible little twisted braides
Eyes: Brown

Transportation Methods: She does travel the buses to different States

Was placed in Adult home care and walked out and hasn't been seen since November of 2016.

Missing Person Case

Reposting NAMUS link without the redirect to new site: Missing Person Case

Original

How do we know she was found? She might have been legally declared deceased, but still missing. It is not unheard of for family to have a memorial for a missing person who was declared deceased as a way to try to gain closure.
IDK, to me it sounds like they found remains in December 2016 and it took until late 2017 to identify her. At the time the above media post came out, they probably hadn‘t identified her yet?

If people are declared dead, is it common to mention a date when they passed?

I found her son in Facebook. He posted her picture on 19th October 2017 and from the sound of the comments, they found out then.

IDK, to me it sounds like they found remains in December 2016 and it took until late 2017 to identify her. At the time the above media post came out, they probably hadn‘t identified her yet?

If people are declared dead, is it common to mention a date when they passed?

Often the date when they went missing is used if they are not found. If they are found it may be whenever they are found. It is a small discrepancy between Nov 25 and Dec 26th. You may be right and they found her remains Dec 26 but took a long time to ID. That would make sense too. I haven't looked at social media. On the other hand, the Feb 2017 article makes it sound like the police issued a new plea for info and NAMUS is still up. I don't know what is going on. I hope she was found and that her family is at peace, not still wondering what happened to her.

Often the date when they went missing is used if they are not found. If they are found it may be whenever they are found. It is a small discrepancy between Nov 25 and Dec 26th. You may be right and they found her remains Dec 26 but took a long time to ID. That would make sense too. I haven't looked at social media. On the other hand, the Feb 2017 article makes it sound like the police issued a new plea for info and NAMUS is still up. I don't know what is going on. I hope she was found and that her family is at peace, not still wondering what happened to her.
If you google "Inee Laure Buggs", spokeo shows a JB (her son). He‘s on Facebook, Flint, MI. Very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back