Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was participating in a thread in regard to the missing / now found girl in KC, MO. Then today I got a redirect to Error: you do not have permission to view this thread. Is that because of a post that someone didn't like or against rules. If it is shouldn't someone say what it was? I don't understand.

Also what are trophy points? Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

What problems so far reported here have been successfully dealt with?

Just curious as I am compiling an I hope helpful list of what people have pointed out.

Last edited:
Helpppp, I can't find Foxfire's thread! : panic : Iirc the title was "Longtime Ws member Foxfire has passed away" (or something similar)

I use Google. Type in Websleuths then your title above. It should come up in the search results.
Eta I see Gardenista has linked it.

FOR THE PROCESS OF ELIMINATION:
Samsung or Iphone

I haven’t had any Ad/video problems to date on my Iphone.

I’ve had other glitches trying to find threads, slow loading, erratic Alerts but they seem to be solved.

Just curious about who is using an IPhone or Samsung?

For those using Samsung are you using Privacy for browsing? Have you tried both?

Last edited:

I don't think your list will be very long. WS did say they needed a few days to sort it out.

Also I don't think our devices are at fault. Ipads, iphones and Samsung owners are all reporting probs.

The probs got serious with those korean spam threads and the 24/7 videos. Few probs before that. I also have asian dating ads and brassiere ads continually.

Last edited:
It's kind of early for me, as I am just getting used to new software upgrade. Another thing of note for me is the "like" vs "thanks for your post". Many posts are for links or comments to horrific things. I feel uncomfortable about "liking" them, and would rather have stuck with thank you for your contribution to the thread. JMO

I don't think your list will be very long. WS did say they needed a few days to sort it out.

Also I don't think our devices are at fault. Ipads, iphones and Samsung owners are all reporting probs.

The probs got serious with those korean spam threads and the 24/7 videos. Few probs before that. I also have asian dating ads and brassiere ads continually.
Tricia has helpfully recently noted some of the major issues. Dave has also made an appearance. As long as members know these issues are known, and are being worked on, we most of us have the patience of saints. I've gone through the 30+ pages here and have copied relevant hints, tips, suggestions, complaints, and queries in the month since this thread first appeared. The list is inclusive of many problems and, as such, it is not short.

Last edited:
FOR THE PROCESS OF ELIMINATION:
Samsung or Iphone

I haven’t had any Ad/video problems to date on my Iphone.

I’ve had other glitches trying to find threads, slow loading, erratic Alerts but they seem to be solved.

Just curious about who is using an IPhone or Samsung?

For those using Samsung are you using Privacy for browsing? Have you tried both?

I have had video/ad probs on my iPhone

Well ads tend to tailor to your browsing history

That explains why I don't get any bra ads.

Lately I've been getting ads for solar power equipment, camping gear and auto parts no matter which website I visit.
LOL

Well me neither. I have not been browsing for bras or Asian ladies. i am now getting muslim ladies dating sites. I didn't get camping equipment ads .

Well me neither. I have not been browsing for bras or Asian ladies. i am now getting muslim ladies dating sites. I didn't get camping equipment ads .
I’m also getting the dating sites for foreign ladies. I definitely haven’t been browsing dating sites. It’s quite embarrassing if someone happens to glance at my phone just as the scantily clad lady ad appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member