Abc Viola Davis Reviewing Darlie's Case.....

I was anxious to watch, even though I knew I'd yell at my TV. The trailer - at the end when they say she's either innocent or the devil - and she smirks at the TV - how can you not see it??

Toby Shook said on our local news that the entire series is slanted towards defending her, that they don't care about the evidence that points towards her being guilty. I didn't learn anything new from the first episode, except that they are really leaving a lot out!! And Darin - man the years have not been kind to him!! But he's still defending her and talking about how gorgeous and sexy she was, and how when she walked by people would literally stop to stare at her.
Oh gosh that made me laugh. Yeah men and women would fall all over themselves to look at Darlie. Probably looking at that huge rack she had

This appears to be done by people who are so strongly opposed to the DP that they are willing to claim the people are innocent even if they’re not. I think their primary agenda is to try to sway public opinion against the DP, IMO.
I only saw one very brief shot of Darlie but have no idea when it was taken. She looks pretty much the same just heavier. Don’t they let them get hair cuts once in a while in there? She would sure look better if she had that hair cut off in a bob or something.

Wonder why she has that smirk on her face?

Darin was barely recognizable, well if I hadn’t known it was him I wouldn’t recognize him. He’s still standing up for her, maybe he thinks he has no choice at this point.

Link to two previews:
WATCH: 'The Last Defense' Official Trailer Video | TheLastDefense

Yeah Darin still rocking that mullet, but it's gray now. He looked like an old mountain man to me, LOl. I wonder what his gf Cindy thought about his gushing over Darlie.

Oh gosh that made me laugh. Yeah men and women would fall all over themselves to look at Darlie. Probably looking at that huge rack she had

LOL, she looks so awkward not to mention it has to get uncomfortable, all that unnecessary weight.Wonder if she’s ever thought to question why most women don’t go out and buy some like that. Nah, she’s clueless.... SMH

For what it's worth. I don't think this crime is going to be solved by what is in the trial transcripts or any info LE provides. The truth is being hidden, it's going to take somone coming forward. Also, I hope people can watch what is happening without regard to how she looks, so much about how she looked/looks, there are no answers there!

The defense/private investigators do not have the power of the law behind them, they cannot get search warrants, subpoena's or compel people to talk. somebody please correct me if I'm wrong !

LE does not want the truth to come out! Even if they have evidence that leads to someone outside the house, they are not going to let it be known, because they let it slide when they did their so-called investigation!

For what it's worth. I don't think this crime is going to be solved by what is in the trial transcripts or any info LE provides. The truth is being hidden, it's going to take somone coming forward. Also, I hope people can watch what is happening without regard to how she looks, so much about how she looked/looks, there are no answers there!
This crime is solved. She's in her final appeals, in 22 year's she has yet to provide one iota of evidence of someone else in her home murdering her children. That is what she needs to get a new trial.

I found last night's how interesting to say the least. Darlie still lying about what happened that night, she changes her story every time.

Claiming blood spatter experts are not scientific and the methods are notoriously erroneous, then they provide two blood spatter experts to critique another blood spatter expert. I don't think it's going to do much for Darlie though since they offered no explanations for some of the evidence they were perusing. I.E. Laber claims that blood on the back of her shirt is not cast off but goes no further to explain what it is and how it got there. It is not contamination from the paramedic as it is Damon's blood and he was nowhere near Darlie when he worked on Damon.

I also wondered why Darlie's own doctors who treated her that night were not interviewed but some doctor no one ever heard of looking at photos and reading the doctors' notes can claim her wounds were not self-inflicted..none of her doctors said her neck wound was self-inflicted. Santos did testify the arm wound looks self inflicted and it does. Plus she had world renowned Dr. DiMaio as her expert for the defence and he testified the wounds didn't appear self-inflicted.

This crime is solved. She's in her final appeals, in 22 year's she has yet to provide one iota of evidence of someone else in her home murdering her children. That is what she needs to get a new trial.

I found last night's how interesting to say the least. Darlie still lying about what happened that night, she changes her story every time.

Claiming blood spatter experts are not scientific and the methods are notoriously erroneous, then they provide two blood spatter experts to critique another blood spatter expert. I don't think it's going to do much for Darlie though since they offered no explanations for some of the evidence they were perusing. I.E. Laber claims that blood on the back of her shirt is not cast off but goes no further to explain what it is and how it got there. It is not contamination from the paramedic as it is Damon's blood and he was nowhere near Darlie when he worked on Damon.

I also wondered why Darlie's own doctors who treated her that night were not interviewed but some doctor no one ever heard of looking at photos and reading the doctors' notes can claim her wounds were not self-inflicted..none of her doctors said her neck wound was self-inflicted. Santos did testify the arm wound looks self inflicted and it does. Plus she had world renowned Dr. DiMaio as her expert for the defence and he testified the wounds didn't appear self-inflicted.
Thank you Cami, I haven't seen episode 2 yet. You know a lot about this stuff. I haven't even really tried to follow the blood evidence information, it is over my head. In spite of all the info available, I no longer believe she is the individual that stabbed the children, I do believe someone else was in the house, I think he was given access by Darin and I have no guess as to what form of egress he used! Of course there appears to be no evidence to support my opinion, but it still stands! I will add that I do not trust LE or the prosecutor's to be truthful, so I disregard their input altogether.

Last edited:
I had thought that Darin must have been shocked when he came down stairs to find them still alive. However, if Darlie had died and he woke up the next morning to find them all murdered, how would he have explained that, they would have surely arrested him, so I can't reconcile that!

I wish that we could see the investigation RPD did on Darin, maybe it would clear some doubts, I know that can't happen, but who did he have contact with, what was his every move in the weeks preceding the attack, who did he call, what did his work and home phone numbers, beepers reflect, who did the people he had contact with in turn have contact with? RPD did their thing in short order that's for sure! I'm just a nobody constituent, but I'd like to know more about the investigation.

What was wrong with Darin's car, why was it in the shop? I wish I had time to search the transcript's, but I don't have a computer at home, not gonna happen with a phone!

I just remembered that some years ago someone told me that in police/crime scene investigation class they used the DR case as an example of What Not To Do. He was LE so I don't know if it's true, but I believed it at the time.

Thank you Cami, I haven't seen episode 2 yet. You know a lot about this stuff. I haven't even really tried to follow the blood evidence information, it is over my head. In spite of all the info available, I no longer believe she is the individual that stabbed the children, I do believe someone else was in the house, I think he was given access by Darin and I have no guess as to what form of egress he used! Of course there appears to be no evidence to support my opinion, but it still stands! I will add that I do not trust LE or the prosecutor's to be truthful, so I disregard their input altogether.

As Cami correctly noted above, there is essentially no evidence that anyone entered or left that house. They continue to comment on the fact that there was "a lot of blood everywhere", yet NO BLOOD at the purported point of egress (the cut screen). Darin made a big deal of the fact that the "mulch" was away from the window, hence would not have been disturbed. True, but that concrete would have captured bloody footprints quite nicely... yet none were found. I understand that you are a true believer TinaG, but simply ignoring facts because of their attribution (LE or prosecutors) does not make them go away.

I do not think that he excited through the window. Also, I am not ignoring facts because of their attribution, I am having a hard time understanding how they could have done a full blown satisfactory murder investigation in 11 days. I think there are a lot of smoke screens and I think the cut screen is one of them. This may be way out in left field, but I can't help but think the car in the shop was staging, the absence of the car changed the dynamics of the layout, the garage, the driveway is now cleared. If they were in such financial dire straits, how was he going to pay for the repairs, if there was anything wrong with the car.

I see the error in my thinking, I'm approaching this like it's being investigated and it's not, it's just rehashing the same old investigation or lack there of. What's done is done, it's too late now.

As Cami correctly noted above, there is essentially no evidence that anyone entered or left that house. They continue to comment on the fact that there was "a lot of blood everywhere", yet NO BLOOD at the purported point of egress (the cut screen). Darin made a big deal of the fact that the "mulch" was away from the window, hence would not have been disturbed. True, but that concrete would have captured bloody footprints quite nicely... yet none were found. I understand that you are a true believer TinaG, but simply ignoring facts because of their attribution (LE or prosecutors) does not make them go away.
I care about his case but am not about to go into those shark infested waters on The Last Defense FB page.
Circling back around to the cut screen. I think it is a red herring for several reasons. 1) I do not for one minute think that Darlie Routier had the criminal mind set to even think to stage that, and why in the heck would you use a bread knife. 2) if someone was going out the window they would just kick the screen out it or take it off. 3) I think if anybody staged it it would have been somebody who already had the criminal mind set to think that way. 4)Maybe LE did it to further their cause, go ahead and laugh, I don't care!

Last edited:
People who keep asking where is the proof of an intruder. If DR could get a new trial, I think the info would come out. I think people may not realize that people who may have information/evidence are not going to come forward with it on public social media because of fear it would put them at risk because LE will not investigate or take any action.

People who keep asking where is the proof of an intruder. If DR could get a new trial, I think the info would come out. I think people may not realize that people who may have information/evidence are not going to come forward with it on public social media because of fear it would put them at risk because LE will not investigate or take any action.
If there was enough evidence for her to get a new trial it would have happened by now! Darlie is on DEATH ROW! They keep claiming DNA tests and this and that will prove her innocent and yet NOTHING has ever come up. WHEN WILL IT???????

If there was enough evidence for her to get a new trial it would have happened by now! Darlie is on DEATH ROW! They keep claiming DNA tests and this and that will prove her innocent and yet NOTHING has ever come up. WHEN WILL IT?????? what info do you think will come out???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back