Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine that the S got scratched off many times over the years. It could be something that he is so used to happening he doesn't notice it anymore. A good question would be, who keeps scratching it off and why? Is it just a joke?

I’ve thought the same Wex but where would anyone have enough time without being seen. In the middle of town would not go unnoticed, he lives in a quiet area so I doubt anyone would creep through the bushes to scrape it off. Those grandkids? The letters looked sun damaged and I doubt it would come off in one piece.
The only place I think would be in a dark car park at a club or pub where it might be a lark. Did he frequent those places?

I can't believe we're even having this conversation? Does anyone really think that if one were a pedophile, they would put that as their business name on their business vehicle? Or am I lost and should go and catch up?

In fairness I doubt he took the letters off deugirtni but as it is such an offensive connotation I’m so surprised he didn’t rectify immediately or if it kept happening, remove the whole front sign.

A mother of 4 had the number plates starting in LUT and some fool placed an ‘S’ in an obvious place, she wanted to find the culprit and sue and her husband understandably wanted to rip their arms off.

How could anyone leave horrid signage there....I don’t get it.

I only just realised your name is intrigued backwards. :)

Yes, but were the articles in question prior to charges being laid for historical crimes? If so then it was all about how things were percived in relation to WT's disappearance.

The FACS investigation into his treatment of children and the removal of the grandchildren were prior to the articles in question. The huge search, the digging up of the fire pit, the removal of a mattress, the search in the warren under his house, the draining of his sewer tank.
To me, that is enough for the locals to be put off having him in their homes. Combine that with the fact that he was named as a POI in the disappearance of William.

It is not like people go to him in a shop ... he comes into their homes.

Would you want someone in your home that had these things factually reported about them? Or would you perhaps look for another repairman? Particularly if you are a parent/grandparent.

Just hypothetical questions, not aimed directly at you, frogwell. Because this is how I think the locals might think. Even before the historical charges were laid. And before the articles in question were published.

Last edited:
The FACS investigation into his treatment of children and the removal of the grandchildren were prior to the articles in question. The huge search, the digging up of the fire pit, the removal of a mattress, the search in the warren under his house.
To me, that is enough for the locals to be put off having him in their homes. Combine that with the fact that he was named as a POI in the disappearance of William.

Would you want someone in your home that had these things factually reported about them? Or would you perhaps look for another repairman? Particularly if you are a parent/grandparent.

Just hypothetical questions, not aimed directly at you, frogwell. Because this is how I think the locals might think. Even before the historical charges were laid. And before the articles in question were published.

Not to mention that his mate Col had come out and said he was having coffee with Marg and had popped over to the school presentation.
Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn't.
I am guessing there was a bit of chat going on in town.
Did you see him? No, did you?
imo

The FACS investigation into his treatment of children and the removal of the grandchildren were prior to the articles in question. The huge search, the digging up of the fire pit, the removal of a mattress, the search in the warren under his house, the draining of his sewer tank.

I can't find the link where it said the grandkids were removed to escape the media outside the home.

MS said they've had a lot of support. It maybe that people who have known BS for years cannot believe this is happening to him and have rallied.

I can't find the link where it said the grandkids were removed to escape the media outside the home.

MS said they've had a lot of support. It maybe that people who have known BS for years cannot believe this is happening to him and have rallied.

Personally, I think that family are rallying, and have others who think this crime was committed by someone else rallying with them, because they can't rally against the person they think is responsible. That person has been cleared.

If they could rally against the cleared person, instead of rallying for Spedding, I think they would. imo

I think they'd use their energy elsewhere. And that is just my take on what I have observed.

There are very divided opinions out there. Because this crime is taking so long to solve. I think it would be easier for the Spedding family if it was solved sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
These

were my exact thoughts too. Although yes he has been charged he hasn’t as far as we know been convicted and one of the articles someone here found had one of the publications saying he was a convicted paedophile. If only they’d used the word alleged !!!

I've changed my signature to read everything is alleged until proven guilty and then it's open slather.
Cover thy asses.

But the Facs investigation and child removal were not publicly known til the searches of the property, and it was apparently earlier in December, so it was either Xmas holiday period or the end of year at school, I don't think others would know about the removal if they didn't want them to know. IMO

Speddos is just down the street — the town’s main drag — from the local newspaper, and the national media were alerted; but in this small community, the word was already out.

This was the first real stability those kids have had, Youngberry claims, and all that is now in jeopardy. The children were this week taken away by Department of Community Services workers. Youngberry says they were staying with other relatives and that the kids were removed only to shield them from the intense media scrutiny.

He says Spedding and his family now face an uncertain future. Who’s going to employ him now, after all this? Spedding relies on people inviting him into their homes to fix their washing machines and dishwashers. How will the kids go, Youngberry wonders — will they be able to go back to school after all the scrutiny?

Suspicion torments NSW community as police probe toddler’s disappearance
January 24, 2015
Nocookies

But the Facs investigation and child removal were not publicly known til the searches of the property, and it was apparently earlier in December, so it was either Xmas holiday period or the end of year at school, I don't think others would know about the removal if they didn't want them to know. IMO

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. My point is, Spedding's business and reputation may have already been severely reduced ... prior to the March articles. Due to the things I mentioned in my post.

They don't necessarily point to guilt, but I am sure the local area must have been humming with the news and wondering.

That may be his hope, who knows. But from the caselaw it seems that it is the combination of police searching for a deceased child, pics of the van with the 'S' removed, and the 'invitation' for others to wonder why the 'S' isn't there ... these are the things, in combination, that he thinks makes people wonder about him.

Though I think it is the removal of the grandchildren and the historical child sex charges that make people wonder about him.

MSM quickly removed that pic of the 's'peddo van' outside FGM and among the cops cars. Why? Did it offend him? That's news and MSM has every right to bring us any news like that.
Again, I just don't get it.

All alleged at this stage.

The facs investigation was in progress by early December and detectives from Port Macquarie had also contacted the mother about that time, as I recall.

Last Monday began like any other for Mr Spedding. He was sitting on the back porch planning his work schedule as his wife prepared to take their grandchildren to the park.
But at 7.30am their world turned upside down after their youngest grandson walked outside and said: “Nan, there are lots of cars out the front”.

Homicide detectives and forensic officers had arrived to execute a search warrant at their home.

Police stressed the search was only one line of inquiry in the baffling case and Mr Spedding said he was certain the inquiry would clear his name.
“They’re following up each and every lead they have and it was our turn to be that lead to be investigated”

William Spedding: I never did anything to hurt William Tyrell
January 24, 2015
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

School returned in 2015 in nsw on the Wednesday 28 January.
NSW School Holiday Dates 2015

The facs investigation was in progress by early December and detectives from Port Macquarie had also contacted the mother about that time, as I recall.

Last Monday began like any other for Mr Spedding. He was sitting on the back porch planning his work schedule as his wife prepared to take their grandchildren to the park.
But at 7.30am their world turned upside down after their youngest grandson walked outside and said: “Nan, there are lots of cars out the front”.

Homicide detectives and forensic officers had arrived to execute a search warrant at their home.

Police stressed the search was only one line of inquiry in the baffling case and Mr Spedding said he was certain the inquiry would clear his name.
“They’re following up each and every lead they have and it was our turn to be that lead to be investigated”

William Spedding: I never did anything to hurt William Tyrell
January 24, 2015
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

School returned in 2015 in nsw on the Wednesday 28 January.
NSW School Holiday Dates 2015
So FaCS didn't remove them til the search? So with whatever they were investigating, they left them for approxiamately a month..... and removed them at the time of the police search and then in April, BS was arrested for the historical charges and effectively hasn't seen them since then... wish we had news on the historical outcomes. The later timing of the removal when the searches were being carried out just ties in further with my previous post that much was being intimated visually and in print in regards to WT's disappearance before the historical charges were layed or reported on.

Last edited:
In fairness I doubt he took the letters off deugirtni but as it is such an offensive connotation I’m so surprised he didn’t rectify immediately or if it kept happening, remove the whole front sign.

A mother of 4 had the number plates starting in LUT and some fool placed an ‘S’ in an obvious place, she wanted to find the culprit and sue and her husband understandably wanted to rip their arms off.

How could anyone leave horrid signage there....I don’t get it.

I only just realised your name is intrigued backwards. :)
Not that it is relevant to BS's defamation claim, however were the letter(s) removed after his name was published in MSM, or had the letters been missing before?

I am imagining that BS may have taken time in considering his options as far as how to deal with the horrible MSM coverage publishing his name, and making him look not only like a 'peddo', but also insinuating that he therefore must have had involvement in WT's disappearance. Potentially appointments with lawyers, or even scheduling a vehicle signage company to come and repair, or even possibly coming up with the funds to repair vehicle signage, likely don't happen whenever we might want it to.

If it were me, I would have wanted to ensure that I had dotted my i's and crossed my t's in anticipation of a future lawsuit against MSM, before I went making changes to potential evidence. I'm not quite sure how that would properly be done, but perhaps the process of figuring all of that out, could have had something to do with the timing of fixing the lettering or not fixing the lettering?

In any case, why are sleuthers making this about what BS did or didn't fix, as opposed to what MSM published? As the legal paperwork seems to indicate, publishing that photograph of the missing lettering did nothing in regard to the news information being reported on. It seems like its only purpose was to parade BS to the world as being a pedo and therefore, all the more reason for him to have had something to do with WT's case. My opinion only, which opinion may have been shared by BS, his legal team and possibly others as well.

MSM quickly removed that pic of the 's'peddo van' outside FGM and among the cops cars. Why? Did it offend him? That's news and MSM has every right to bring us any news like that.
Again, I just don't get it.

All alleged at this stage.
Why would anyone feel it newsworthy that BS's work van was on the street at some point in the days following WT's disappearance, along with police vehicles?

BS has openly shared that he did eventually return to FG's home at some point *after* the 'event' to fix that broken washing machine, so what about him going to repair the washer AFTERwards, like he said he did, seems like it is news?

I agree. There is a huge issue about stifling our freedom of speech in the eyes of the media and many others. When MSM are just reporting on the things that they see, why shouldn't we be told about it?

There can be some real dangers in stifling freedom of speech. Part of the reason that the police allowed the names of Spedding, Jones, Bickford and Nichols out there could be to warn the public for the sake of their children. We know a little about these persons. There may be a lot more that we do not know.
My opinion on him wasn't built because MSM showed his business van with demolished lettering .... but I admit: there would be other POIs perhaps except him, if MSM would deliver the template and we were allowed to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea