South Africa - Susan Rohde, 47, murdered, Stellenbosch, 24 July 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
IL: I can spend hours trying to convince the court that I believe it was a ligature mark but we don’t have photos by Perumal or Coetzee-Khan to confirm their findings. I merely favour a ligature mark or the impression left by a ligature mark.

Jenna Etheridge (@JennaEtheridge) | Twitter

:D (this is the mark on the back of the neck that Khan and Abrahams said wasn't there during the first autopsy)
He did, for the most part, rule out the mark being caused by the pathology block, as he had never experienced it. He explained the 'block' is placed under the shoulders not the neck.

He did, for the most part, rule out the mark being caused by the pathology block, as he had never experienced it. He explained the 'block' is placed under the shoulders not the neck.
Do you mean Perumal or Khan?

Dr Perumal wasn't able to identify an injury to the nose that caused the two episodes of bleeding.

Discussion about body temperature and time of death:

IL goes through the calculation of time of death that Dr Coetzee-Khan did. Body was on clay tiles and he testified floor could be cold. Other factors to consider was if throw was placed over body and position or not of bath robe.

IL: If her gown was pulled up, her lower back was exposed, it would be regarded as naked [for purposes of calculation of time of death].

Jenna Etheridge (@JennaEtheridge) | Twitter

Dr Loftus - the body was lying on tiled bathroom floor and that could cool the body, also if windows were open and doors opening. Floor temperature not measured, so Loftus made a hypothetical temperature of floor.
These factors could affect the calculation of time of death.
Dr Loftus estimated 95% chance time of death between 2.18 and a 7.54 according to him. He acknowledged there were so many variables.

Has there been any indication that the prosecution are going to bring in an independent pathological expert? This seems out of balance to me.

Judge - after this week, recess until 30th July, all judges doing full bench appeals the following week, so can commence on 6th Aug at 9:45am.

LVN only received the report this morning. VDS no longer has an instructing attorney?

Whatever is going on with the defence team - one murdered; Rohde dismissed others due to cost, apparently - one now resigned. All in the process of this trial.

Yippee.
So JR ran out of money, AGAIN, or attorney NOT happy, or sacked as others were????:D:D

Great: problems in the yard.
I'm telling you look at his face (video posted upthread) when Perumal finished agreeing with the State. No, it's all guesswork, Jase could have run out of money, or fallen out with him.

I'm telling you look at his face (video posted upthread) when Perumal finished agreeing with the State. No, it's all guesswork, Jase could have run out of money, or fallen out with him.

JR's appearance now is so different, to the beginning of the trial.
Karma is working away, little by little.
I am so pleased.

I'm a little incredulous that he would suggest the faeces might not be human. It's even documented in the scene report as being on her body as well as next to her body. Then VDS jumps on it like 'oh yes, that's a good idea, there is no such evidence...'

Someone needs to have put it in a box and put it under his nose maybe.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie