GUILTY IN - Noblesville, school Shooting, In Custody,Two Enroute To Hospital, May 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Indiana teacher who stopped shooting: 'I had to save students'

"I want to make it clear that my actions on that day, in my mind, were the only acceptable actions I could have done given the circumstances," said Seaman, a former college football player. "I deeply care for my students and their well-being. That is why I did what I did that day."

Seaman spoke for just a few minutes and declined to answer questions from reporters.

The family of the only other person shot, student Ella Whistler, was in critical but stable condition. But school principal Stacey Swan said she's improving.

"Her courage and strength at such a young age is nothing short of remarkable," Seaman said. "We all should continue to keep her in our minds as she continues to recover."

Noblesville West Middle School shooting suspect makes initial court appearance

The hearing lasted only about 15 minutes. The 13-year-old suspect showed little to no emotion as his two parents stood next to him in court.

The judge read the 11 charges the 13-year-old would face if he'd been charged as an adult: two counts each of attempted murder, aggravated battery, battery by means of a deadly weapon, possession of a firearm on school property and dangerous possession of a firearm. He's also charged with possession of a knife on school property.

The majority of Monday's hearing focused on the charges against the teen and what legal options the shooting suspect will have in the future.

The teen will have a fact-finding hearing on June 25 and June 26.

The judge in the case for the Noblesville school shooting suspect heard six hours of testimony Monday and said he will consider how to sentence the boy before court resumes next week.

As expected, Moore on Monday entered the juvenile version of a guilty plea. Because of his age and the shootings not being fatal, Moore could not be tried as an adult.

The next court session will be 9 a.m. Nov. 14.

Sentence For 13-Year-Old Noblesville Shooter to Come Next Week | 93.1 WIBC

The judge ordered that he be sent to the Indiana Department of Correction for placement in a state juvenile detention facility for rehabilitation until he is 18, followed by probation.

The judge’s order, however, is “indeterminate,” meaning that the DOC could release him before he turns 18 if the department determines that he’s been rehabilitated through treatment in state custody.

Upon his release, a court will determine the length and terms of the teenager’s probation and will he remain under juvenile court supervision during that period.

https://naplesherald.com/2018/11/15/no-remorse-judge-sends-teen-shooter-to-juvenile-detention/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tboyle
Back