Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, husband arrested for abuse, Oct 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are women in the Quiverfull group brainwashed? How about the Duggars? Are they brainwashed? They do what the husband says
I think we could probably all agree that in these cases, i.e., Caitlan Boyle, the Q women and the Duggar women, yes, their abilities to engage in independent, rational thought have indeed been severely compromised by the abusive behaviour of the men in question.

I think we could probably all agree that in these cases, i.e., Caitlan Boyle, the Q women and the Duggar women, yes, their abilities to engage in independent, rational thought have indeed been severely compromised by the abusive behaviour of the men in question.

I think it is unlikely Caitlin will abandon her beliefs as she has joined up with others of her beliefs. Is that true? For whatever reason, some women seem to get a joy out of following rigid role beliefs.

No matter what is available in the US vs Canada, I still do not think she will have the fortitude to leave JB. He has control of her, totally. IMO
I also don't think she will leave him because she is unable to question her judgement and actions. That was the feeling I got off the last video.

I think it is unlikely Caitlin will abandon her beliefs as she has joined up with others of her beliefs. Is that true? For whatever reason, some women seem to get a joy out of following rigid role beliefs.

This applies to men as well. Moreso in that men are usually the ones who demand it for whatever reason.

I do not understand why women agree but many do, in fact some find it flattering.

I worked with families in poverty. Everyone’s income is to be reported. If you did not, you were in violation if someone was receiving aid.
Incorrect. Several independent households can live in one home. Income reporting is for members of the household, not inhabitants of a home.
I live in a dorm-style situation. 30 people share a kitchen. I don’t know anything about these people, many not even their names. No way I have any relationship to their financials.

I hate to belabor the point but I posted the info about SNAP. I actually worked with people in poverty for 30 years in the US. Everyone’s income was reported.

The laws have been made even more stringent now. People cannot live with their rich relatives and collect food stamps. Think about it. If your unemployed kid with two granchildren lived in your 20 room mansion, do you think your kid would get food stamps?

You are incorrect. You can be in a separate household and be living in someone else’s home. If the kid qualified as a separate entity and not as a dependent, s/he can get food stamps. S/he might also have to get a job, but that’s a separate issue.

I hate to belabor the point but I posted the info about SNAP. I actually worked with people in poverty for 30 years in the US. Everyone’s income was reported.

The laws have been made even more stringent now. People cannot live with their rich relatives and collect food stamps. Think about it. If your unemployed kid with two granchildren lived in your 20 room mansion, do you think your kid would get food stamps?
My son's girlfriend lived with her wealthy parents after she had a horrible car crash and broke numerous bones including her left arm and leg. She was unable to be fully employed for 6 months. She collected "food stamps" now called SNAP. She received $180 or $190 each month for food.

Last edited:
That seems really wrong to me. Food stanps are for those who need them.

So if Bill Gates kids have no income they could live with him and get food stamps?

You are incorrect. You can be in a separate household and be living in someone else’s home. If the kid qualified as a separate entity and not as a dependent, s/he can get food stamps. S/he might also have to get a job, but that’s a separate issue.

So Warren Buffet’s kids could have no income, live with him and get food stamps?

The laws have been made even more stringent now. People cannot live with their rich relatives and collect food stamps. Think about it. If your unemployed kid with two granchildren lived in your 20 room mansion, do you think your kid would get food stamps?[/QUOTE]

That seems really wrong to me. Food stanps are for those who need them.

So if Bill Gates kids have no income they could live with him and get food stamps?

Just because it seems wrong to you doesn’t mean it’s gospel. Please stop spreading misinformation. It’s been on more than one post now, even when presented with factual information dispelling your beliefs.

So Warren Buffet’s kids could have no income, live with him and get food stamps?

Yep! When my sister and nephew lived with my wealthy parents, she received govt assistance because they literally did not help her financially. She paid them rent and paid for everything for her and my nephew. My parents being wealthy has NOTHING to do with my financial situation. Sure, most people would assume that financially set parents would support their kids, but that’s not always reality. Why would my parents be responsible for supporting their adult daughter? They aren’t. Plain and simple. I’ve posted multiple links to support this fact.

Just because it seems wrong to you doesn’t mean it’s gospel. Please stop spreading misinformation. It’s been on more than one post now, even when presented with factual information dispelling your beliefs.

And I have presented the factual information from the govt. website re SNAP. But whatever.

Yep! When my sister and nephew lived with my wealthy parents, she received govt assistance because they literally did not help her financially. She paid them rent and paid for everything for her and my nephew. My parents being wealthy has NOTHING to do with my financial situation. Sure, most people would assume that financially set parents would support their kids, but that’s not always reality. Why would my parents be responsible for supporting their adult daughter? They aren’t. Plain and simple. I’ve posted multiple links to support this fact.

That is incredible. Why should taxpayers pay for people who come from means? Wow? I had no idea that there was this kind of abuse in foodstamps. People complain that some may sell their foodstamps to get something, but I had no idea the well to do were involved in taking advantage of taxpayers. Wow

That is incredible. Why should taxpayers pay for people who come from means? Wow? I had no idea that there was this kind of abuse in foodstamps. People complain that some may sell their foodstamps to get something, but I had no idea the well to do were involved in taking advantage of taxpayers. Wow

Abuse of food stamps? How dare you! My parents are not responsible for their adult children. Same as my husband and I are not responsible for his adult children. What an assumption to make that all parents and adult children have great relationships.

Eta - it was WIC and not food stamps. My bad. But I’m sure that’s just as trashy and abusing means as food stamps. My sister was a single mother. My parents gave her a place to live to get on her feet. She needed to support her son and herself. She didn’t abuse anything.

Last edited:
Abuse of food stamps? How dare you! My parents are not responsible for their adult children. Same as my husband and I are not responsible for his adult children. What an assumption to make that all parents and adult children have great relationships.

Eta - it was WIC and not food stamps. My bad. But I’m sure that’s just as trashy and abusing means as food stamps. My sister was a single mother. My parents gave her a place to live to get on her feet. She needed to support her son and herself. She didn’t abuse anything.

I guess we have different values. When you have children, they are yours forever. If parents are well to do and they think it is the duty of taxpayers to take care of their children when they have means, we are in a totally different mindset.

WIC is a totally different program. It was started by the Black Pamthers back in the 60’s, was it? There are only certain products. And the children have to be under five years old, is it? I believe they have to go to the doctor or some other rules.

I do not think it is OK for the well to do to take money from others.

Deleting. Not worth it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members