Found Deceased Va - Denise Martin, 22, Virginia Beach, 19 June 2018

I keep thinking of the reports that she had been so eager to move home with her family. To me that suggests she may have felt in need of support or nurturing. Maybe she has been depressed and thought being with her family would help, but somehow it didn’t (since depression won’t necessarily be helped by external situations). I hope she didn’t somehoe experience despair, and take any drastic measures. This is such a sad case.

Do you happen to know if Denise had joined a sorority and if all these girlfriends looking for her are also members? Is anyone able to share where she was on Monday and Monday evening?

General thinking:

Dad first said she was in the shower when he left for work and her brother was sleeping, which would mean no one actually saw her. Then he said they had a conversation before he left. Are these two parts of the same story (they spoke, then she got in the shower and he left) or is the story changing?
If the neighbor sighting is true, the image it brought up for me was Denise sitting on the curb waiting for a ride. She has plenty of friends who haven't spoken up about her missing, and could easily have contacts that no one knows about. If sh was picked up by someone and that someone did her harm, they obviously wont be coming forward.

I lean toward self harm as well and believe that is what s driving her friends to search wooded areas. They aren't doing that because they think she is lost. Losing a mom is incredibly hard, especially with her boyfriend out of state and if she has struggled with depression or has other stresses.

He could have spoken to her while she was in the bathroom, through the closed door. When the Carbuff kids were still home, a lot of morning conversations happened that way.

This whole case is bizarre. I’m leaning towards some sort of mental health crisis and the friends are trying to protect her by not sharing that info. I think it was a poor choice for the media to show a flyer listing a personal phone number instead of an LE number.

Well, here is the area searched today. How are they verifying these "sightings"? I'm concerned they are just grabbing at straws.

I know they are hurting because their friend is missing. My heart goes out to them.

rho39h.jpg

6gzpg9.jpg

This case reminds me of another blonde (I think), attractive, recent college grad that went missing a year ago or so... her friends launched a huge SM hunt, her vocal BFF spearheading it, maybe lived with her too? They too eluded to some depressive history and then they found her safe but like camping out in her car in some parking garage. A lot of similarities. Sorry, thyroid brain means crap memory.

Are we hearing anything from LE? If not why? Beginning to think they know something about Denise which doesn't jive with what her friends are putting out there.
We’re not hearing much, IMO. Has there been a presser at all? I get a weird vibe but hopefully that’s bc they are busy bees chasing tips and finding her. I hope she’s ok. It gets better and I hope she allows herself the opportunity to see that.

Well, here is the area searched today. How are they verifying these "sightings"? I'm concerned they are just grabbing at straws.

I know they are hurting because their friend is missing. My heart goes out to them.

rho39h.jpg

6gzpg9.jpg
Are we hearing anything from LE? If not why? Beginning to think they know something about Denise which doesn't jive with what her friends are putting out there.

I agree. It’s very strange.

This case reminds me of another blonde (I think), attractive, recent college grad that went missing a year ago or so... her friends launched a huge SM hunt, her vocal BFF spearheading it, maybe lived with her too? They too eluded to some depressive history and then they found her safe but like camping out in her car in some parking garage. A lot of similarities. Sorry, thyroid brain means crap memory.
I remember that. You have it exactly right. She maybe left her job at Starbucks and disappeared? Maybe found in Virginia area in a parking garage. It does seem like that.

A friend on the Bring Denise Home twitter: #BringDeniseHome (@jstroud97) | Twitter

"Denise I hope whenever you are you know you are loved, and this storm will pass. "

from upthread: Josh will pull up the maps and find the best places she could be hiding...

the "storm" and "hiding"...

I'm more and more leaning to Denise being in the midst of a crisis....or storm.

A bi -polar episode can present itself suddenly, even when there haven't been any serious bouts with full blown mania in the past, (a friend of mine experienced this also). Denise may have had anxiety or depression issues but were controlled. She may have paranoia, hence the hiding (if she is). Remember Margo Kidder, who experienced such a crisis and disappeared into hiding for a week or so before she was found in someone's back yard. Life transitions can be a trigger, especially after the routine and focus of her studies.

I so hope, in a way, that this might be the case, and that she is found...safely...before she comes to harm.
I hope they are looking into shelters, transient camps...she may find some kind of anonymous refuge in such a place....she also needs food.....

A friend on the Bring Denise Home twitter: #BringDeniseHome (@jstroud97) | Twitter

RBBM
A bi -polar episode can present itself suddenly, even when there haven't been any serious bouts with full blown mania in the past, (a friend of mine experienced this also). Denise may have had anxiety or depression issues but were controlled. She may have paranoia, hence the hiding (if she is). Remember Margo Kidder, who experienced such a crisis and disappeared into hiding for a week or so before she was found in someone's back yard. Life transitions can be a trigger, especially after the routine and focus of her studies.

I so hope, in a way, that this might be the case, and that she is found...safely...before she comes to harm.
I hope they are looking into shelters, transient camps...she may find some kind of anonymous refuge in such a place....she also needs food.....

This is exactly what I think is going on. I have several people in my family that have bipolar 1. When in a manic episode things like this happen. I think her friends aren't announcing her mental state out of respect for Denise. She probably just needs to get back on meds or needs them adjusted. I think her friends are doing an outstanding job and she's lucky to have them. I hope they find her soon and that she's safe. I have a feeling she's done this before. JMO

Friends of missing Virginia Beach woman say they feel "helpless," but they continue search

From all over the country, friends of a 22-year-old woman who went missing a week ago descended on Virginia Beach when news of her disappearance broke.

Since last Tuesday, the group has gone to tremendous lengths in their search for Denise Martin – using social media, a boat, a helicopter, a trained dog, two planes and a host of volunteers to scour the Red Mill area.

But Martin’s whereabouts – like virtually everything else about her disappearance – remains a mystery. Virginia Beach police said they have no credible information to indicate foul play.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back