CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

I don't think it was a targeted, assassination either. I think it was a more random, impulsive situation. Perhaps an issue he had with someone earlier that evening?

Last edited by a moderator:
--
Rabbi Arnie Rachlis, the leader of the University Synagogue in Irvine, Calif., said the congregation was “shocked and traumatized” at the death of Mr. Beaudette, who is the second person in the congregation’s community to have been killed in the last six months. In January, the synagogue mourned the death of Blaze Bernstein, a college student whose body was found in an Orange County park.

Mr. Beaudette was a “loving family man,” Rabbi Rachlis said, recalling how close Mr. Beaudette was with his two daughters, ages 2 and 4. “What I remember is the smile — the warm smile and the genuine pride in his kids.”
--
Scientist Fatally Shot While Camping With His Daughters - New York Times

How big is the congregation at the Synagogue?

Wife was cramming for an exam. Possibly to become Board Certified.
So he took the kids camping, apparently with other family members in separate tents.

Another Jewish Pharmaceutical whiz murdered. (thinking of Barry Sherman)

Tristan was working on vaccines for cancer therapies and autism. MSM

I don't think there's enough information here to theorize. We don't know if the shot was from a great distance or just a few feet. We don't know the position of TB when he was shot, whether he was laying down or had sat up in the tent and turned a light on because he heard noises outside (the light and sitting up or crouching within the tent would provide a silhouette and explain a torso shot).

If there were sounds outside, then did the BIL in the other tent hear anything? A confrontation at that time of morning outside the tent would suggest a greater chance of the BIL being woken up. If there were softer sounds that woke TB and TB didn't exit the tent (and have an argument with someone outside) then the BIL is more likely to sleep through the incident prior to the sound of the shot).

Suicide or an accident with a gun belonging to TB would suggest that the gun would still be in the tent, and that there would be no outer entry hole in the tent. We don't know if there's an entry hole in the tent or not. We don't know if the gun has been found, but if it had been found in the park and could be connected to someone who had a known connection to TB or his family that should point them to a suspect, yet an earlier post said that LE had stated they had no suspects...which seems to point away from anyone in that related group who were camping together.

The reports of other shots in the park over the past 2 years, they seem mostly to be cars being shot at (with the exception of the birdshot incident). I would wonder if there was a single person shooting at cars for fun and if they'd escalated to taking a pot shot at a silhouette in a tent?

TB's wife appears to have kept her maiden name as her surname, possibly causing confusion to reporters over whether or not they were married or divorced. <modsnip> The place, time, circumstances don't really suggest a 'hit' to me with a cause outside of the park.

The Blaze Bernstein connection sounds interesting and I'd want to know more about the circumstances of his death (I didn't follow that case). But if the synagogue has a congregation in the thousands then it's more likely to be a tragic coincidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some posts were removed or snipped. Please be mindful of the following:

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Also please back up your statements of facts with an MSM link. Please do not bring information here from facebook belonging to the family.

Last edited:
This story is just so sad, I have been thinking about it all day. This article quotes the police as saying “the firearm has not been found.” https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...libu-creek-20180625-story.html?outputType=amp

Just my opinion, but I think this is related to the previous shootings at the campground. Perhaps some deranged person who started out firing a little more wildly, but has been getting more and more comfortable & serious about hurting someone. One of the cars that was shot, the woman was sleeping in the car— so it does seem she was an intended victim, rather than just the car itself.

Very scary.

How big is the congregation at the Synagogue?

History
Established in 1943.

University Synagogue is a Reform Congregation nestled in Brentwood on historic Sunset Boulevard, neighboring Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades and Westwood. Celebrating over 65 years and serving over 500 member families, University Synagogue is proud of its longstanding commitment to serving the Jewish Community here on the westside of Los Angeles.
University Synagogue - Brentwood - Los Angeles, CA, United States

Mystery at Malibu Creek park: Who killed father at campground, and is it connected to other shootings?

Tristan Beaudette was not alone with his kids on the camping trip. He was accompanied by his brother-in-law and his two children, who had their own tent.

Pam Wu, Beaudette’s sister-in-law, said in a Facebook post that her husband, Scott McCurdy, was with their “two little boys” on the camping trip with Beaudette and his children.

Those who responded to the scene were told by campers they believe the shot came from a distance into the camp site, according to sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to comment. Sheriff’s officials declined to describe the specifics of the shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks