ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at her FB page, the one where she mentions she will spend her life looking for "Baby Boy," she is back to being married to Mr. Anderson... maybe they reunited after Mr. Anderson... got back in town.

Thanks renarde I can only find a fb page under JM as a friend of her mom. So... I'm thinking Mr A was a guest of the state for while, or am I way off?

I'm struggling with my ancient laptop right now since my iPad and I are having issues. This site is different and no auto correct. I have to think for myself .

Was there ever a confirmed info about what dog units were used in the investigation? What kind of dogs they used and so on? If and where they picked up his scent? What the parents gave them to pick up his scent?
I remember dogs being brought in but I didn't realize at the time that there were different types of search dogs. I've learned a lot since joining Websleuths. However, I seem to recall some confusion as coincidentally, someone was scattering the ashes (cremains) of a loved one around the time of the searches. Maybe someone with better recall can help out here and refresh my memory too. Thanks.

Thanks renarde I can only find a fb page under JM as a friend of her mom. So... I'm thinking Mr A was a guest of the state for while, or am I way off?

I'm struggling with my ancient laptop right now since my iPad and I are having issues. This site is different and no auto correct. I have to think for myself .

Guest of the state... :rolleyes:... Yes.

It's hard to keep up with her marital status and name changes. I guess she's not friends with her mom and a few others again. These days, she appears to be on FB as Jessica Anderson, married to James E. A. If you are on her JM FB, you can get to her JA FB since she is friends with herself there. She just posted a new profile picture yesterday.

Last edited:
Off the top of my head I think I remember the scent item as his blanket that he would never go anywhere without it. Jessica later had it wrapped in her arms for the cameras. So they didn't even wrap him in his beloved blanket when they disposed of him.

But then there was mention of the blanket Jessica was carrying as an exact replica of his blanket. Vernal always did trip over his tongue so you never knew exactly what he was saying. They both are masters at double speak. Watch all the interviews and see if you have any clear idea of what they said in any of them. So many different stories.

The cremains did throw off the dogs. I think both tracking dogs and cadaver dogs were used at different times. Gosh it has been so very long it is hard to remember. Bless his heart I wish he would be found.

A personal note. The thread for DeOrr was started on July 10, 2015. I’m 1200k away but somehow I heard about this little boy. I joined Websleuths on July 12 and so it began. Every day I checked in and if there was nothing here I would search his name. Almost three years and none of those who know the truth have stepped up. I can’t fathom how any of them can just move on with their lives as if they had just lost a glove. My fear is that if DeOrr is recovered, the COD will be undetermined as with Lucas Hernandez who was missing for three months and recently found.
Thank you fellow sleuthers for letting me vent.

Off the top of my head I think I remember the scent item as his blanket that he would never go anywhere without it. Jessica later had it wrapped in her arms for the cameras. So they didn't even wrap him in his beloved blanket when they disposed of him.

But then there was mention of the blanket Jessica was carrying as an exact replica of his blanket. Vernal always did trip over his tongue so you never knew exactly what he was saying. They both are masters at double speak. Watch all the interviews and see if you have any clear idea of what they said in any of them. So many different stories.

The cremains did throw off the dogs. I think both tracking dogs and cadaver dogs were used at different times. Gosh it has been so very long it is hard to remember. Bless his heart I wish he would be found.

Thank you for answering, (the blanket thing somehow reminds me of "cuddle cat" in the McCann saga) so I didn't miss any detailed, confirmed information about the dogs. The parents have been pretty lucky.:(

A personal note. The thread for DeOrr was started on July 10, 2015. I’m 1200k away but somehow I heard about this little boy. I joined Websleuths on July 12 and so it began. Every day I checked in and if there was nothing here I would search his name. Almost three years and none of those who know the truth have stepped up. I can’t fathom how any of them can just move on with their lives as if they had just lost a glove. My fear is that if DeOrr is recovered, the COD will be undetermined as with Lucas Hernandez who was missing for three months and recently found.

Another personal note from me too. Our family lost a precious child just a few days before Deorr went missing. He too was out camping with his parents here in Idaho and accidentally drowned in the river. His stepfather did CPR for over an hour and a half because it took that long for life flight to arrive. His mother had to drive for quite a distance before she found a house with a landline and it would have been much longer if she would have driven until her cell phone had a signal.

They were all playing in a very shallow, secluded cove of the river and all it took was for the older brother to knock him down and the current caught him and took him into deep water so fast it was unbelievable. Us family members down below the mountains were all waiting at the hospital when life flight landed and it was another hour before the parents made it down the mountain only to be told what we already knew and that was he was brain dead despite the CPR.

I will never forget how they crumpled to the floor and the sobs that came from his mother's mouth. Gut wrenching, stop your heart sobs. Stepfather couldn't be comforted. I was afraid he would kill himself he was so torn apart that he didn't save him despite his best efforts. They still grieve three years later. This weekend is the anniversary and it's all so fresh in all our minds still.

Days later in the midst of preparing for a funeral for a child that only had a small taste of life I watched those two "parents" of Deorr's in their first interview and I only felt disgust for them and they have never done anything to make my disgust go away. I know people behave differently when tragedy strikes but in my mind they really could have cared less about their child.

Another personal note from me too. Our family lost a precious child just a few days before Deorr went missing. He too was out camping with his parents here in Idaho and accidentally drowned in the river. His stepfather did CPR for over an hour and a half because it took that long for life flight to arrive. His mother had to drive for quite a distance before she found a house with a landline and it would have been much longer if she would have driven until her cell phone had a signal.

They were all playing in a very shallow, secluded cove of the river and all it took was for the older brother to knock him down and the current caught him and took him into deep water so fast it was unbelievable. Us family members down below the mountains were all waiting at the hospital when life flight landed and it was another hour before the parents made it down the mountain only to be told what we already knew and that was he was brain dead despite the CPR.

I will never forget how they crumpled to the floor and the sobs that came from his mother's mouth. Gut wrenching, stop your heart sobs. Stepfather couldn't be comforted. I was afraid he would kill himself he was so torn apart that he didn't save him despite his best efforts. They still grieve three years later. This weekend is the anniversary and it's all so fresh in all our minds still.

Days later in the midst of preparing for a funeral for a child that only had a small taste of life I watched those two "parents" of Deorr's in their first interview and I only felt disgust for them and they have never done anything to make my disgust go away. I know people behave differently when tragedy strikes but in my mind they really could have cared less about their child.
My heart goes out to you and your family. I truly can’t imagine your pain.

How tragic! I am sending you virtual hugs...(couldn't just "like")

I am sorry for your loss sassyblue.

I never knew. How heartbreaking for you and your family, and Thank you for coming forth and sharing this with us. I just can not even begin to imagine the loss.

Guest of the state... :rolleyes:... Yes.

It's hard to keep up with her marital status and name changes. I guess she's not friends with her mom and a few others again. These days, she appears to be on FB as Jessica Anderson, married to James E. A. If you are on her JM FB, you can get to her JA FB since she is friends with herself there. She just posted a new profile picture yesterday.
I couldn't find it, but I didn't look very hard.
Maybe she'll just move about thinking everything is okay and "normal" and something will slip. Either with her or the other players.
It'll eventually work itself out.

I
I never knew. How heartbreaking for you and your family, and Thank you for coming forth and sharing this with us. I just can not even begin to imagine the loss.

I've been on WS since Caylee first disappeared but the day the not guilty verdict came down I couldn't bear to read here for years. Then when I came back I had forgotten my password and had to start over. I thought I would never follow another child's disappearance ever ever again! But when Deorr disappeared and I was still in the midst of grief I couldn't not follow his case. I wanted a different outcome for him. I wanted him found wandering around in that forest. But it wasn't meant to be so now forever in my mind I will always see him and our own little man playing together in heaven.

I often see posts from late night or wee hours of the morning from WSers and I have to say it makes me a bit glad. There are others out there who also can't let go of these victims, even if we never knew them personally. For me it's especially the kids. As mom, I see their pictures and feel compelled to hear their stories, even when they're so often terribly sad and even infuriating.

ANYWAY. I can't get my head around this. I have a blonde headed 2 year old grandbaby boy sleeping upstairs as I type. Little DeOrr's face and smile and mention of his matchbox cars tears at my heartstrings. But I can't get a sense of this one. 4 people, one with alleged diminished cognitive abilities and one with memory issues, keeping a big secret so long? Doesn't seem very plausible, so I'm inclined to think DeOrr was at the camp. But beyond that, I can't even formulate theories and just keep hoping someday he's found. I recall reading a story about a young teen girl named Sierra who went missing. The mom seemed off Her body language and statements raised alarms bells for many. But then, they found the person who'd actually taken her. All the suspicions about the mother turned out to be wrong. I guess the point of that story is that when I feel someone is acting off, I have no way of knowing if I'm completely off base.

People's memories can be unreliable, even more so if substances are involved.

The jacket at the apartment.

The lack of scent trail.

Dad seems sincere but I could be wrong.

Mom seems off but I could be wrong.

I don't think all four could keep a huge secret so long.

Could an animal have picked him up? A person? Was there a terrible accident? Was he given away? Why refuse the offered $20k reward? How long was he unsupervised?

Poor DeOrr. I am keeping you in my prayers.

Going to hug my kids and grandbabies now.

Virtual hugs to all the others who can't let go of these little victims.

Hard to believe we are coming up on 3 years this little boy has been missing. He should be starting Kindergarten next month, he should be learning to read, to write, making new friends. I just can't with these parents who throw their kids away. :(

sassyblue - my thoughts are with you and your family. heartbreaking. so sorry for such a tragic loss.

how your family acted was exactly how innocent family involved in a tragic accident act - they don't worry about how they look, they just do every damn thing they can for their precious and loved child. they don't hide, they don't have attitude, they get authorities involved, and they stay involved. your disgust at how Deorr's relations have acted is very understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88