Found Deceased KY - Tyler North, 27, Leslie County, 24 June 2018 *arrest*

Tulessa

Reaction score
HARLAN CO., Ky. (WYMT) - Kentucky State Police are investigating the disappearance of a man who has not been heard from since Sunday.

Tyler+North.jpg

Tyler North, 27, was last seen in Leslie County Sunday night around 8:15. He was leaving a family member's house in his truck.

Family members became worried when North did not show up for work Monday. They say it is unusual for him to not call or pick up his phone.

"He keeps in contact with his friends and family constantly," said Michelle Brock, North's sister.

Recent attempts to call North's phone indicate his phone is off.

Family worried after Harlan County man goes missing, police investigating

NAMUS circumstances:

Tyler North was last seen at 8:15 p.m. on June 24th. He was last seen leaving his apartment in the Loyall Community of Harlan County, Kentucky . His wife states that he was seen pulling into Cawood Park at 2000. He was wearing blue and white plaid shorts with red shoes and a camouflage hat.

Missing Person Case

Kentucky State Police

KSP Post 13 Continues Search for Missing Leslie County Man

Hazard, Ky. (July 18, 2018) – As the search for a Leslie County man continues, investigators with Kentucky State Police Post 13 in Hazard are asking for assistance from the public in locating Tyler North. Family members reported North missing to KSP on Monday, June 25. He was last seen at around 10:15 p.m. on Sunday, June 24 near the Cawood Recreation Area off of KY 421 near the Leslie and Harlan County line. Tyler North’s truck was discovered on a strip mine road off of KY 1850 on the Leslie and Clay County line on July 1. The truck was burned, but North was not located. Troopers, Detectives and KSP Canine personnel have searched several locations for Tyler North while acting on tips from the public.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Cawood Park (Recreational Area) is in the thick of the woods..
Google Maps

Unfortunately there’s so many abandoned mines and auger holes it would take weeks(months) to search everything of this such correctly and throughly. Not to mention the heavy thick terrain. However It’s also a well know heavy drug use area as well. (Source: Im originally from Eastern KY) I’m not saying Tyler was a user/distributor. But unfortunately the ones that are prey on the innocent for the gain. I hope he’s found soon and Justice gets served.

Unfortunately there’s so many abandoned mines and auger holes it would take weeks(months) to search everything of this such correctly and throughly. Not to mention the heavy thick terrain. However It’s also a well know heavy drug use area as well. (Source: Im originally from Eastern KY) I’m not saying Tyler was a user/distributor. But unfortunately the ones that are prey on the innocent for the gain. I hope he’s found soon and Justice gets served.

What about all the coal mines that have been forgotten about?

Perry found out about the podcast Unfound from a woman who heard about North's case. She got in contact with the man behind the mic Ed Dentzel.

"Many of my guests would tell you that Unfound has been very good at moving things forward, finding new information, getting law enforcement engaged maybe even after 40 years," said Dentzel.

He worked close to 150 cases and knows the patterns.

"Most disappearances are caused by relationships. They are not caused by money or drugs or anything else," said Dentzel.

Dentzel hopes Unfound provides answers the family needs.

"Who ever did this know, I'm willing to dance with the devil for Tyler and you're not much but a chip off my shoulder," said Perry.

'Keeping his name alive': Podcast to focus on missing Harlan County man

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back