UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cliff notes:
-Post mortem revealed it is a murder investigation
-No details on injuries/methods etc
-Neighboring house was searched as were other areas of the cordon
-Emphasis on the need to piece together the timeline from late Sunday evening until the time when Alesha's body was found - concentrating on the Ardbeg Rd area.
-Participants of search again asked to come forwards and verify areas that were searched and what they may have seen.
-Possibility of Alesha sleep-walking is also part of the ongoing investigation
-Locals warned to be careful and take care of each other.

Last edited:
MURDER INVESTIGATION LAUNCHED - ALESHA MACPHAIL - ISLE OF BUTE

We can confirm that the body of the young child that was discovered on Monday 2 July in a wooded area in Ardbeg Road, Bute, is that of 6 year old Alesha MacPhail.

Police Scotland on Twitter

Detective Superintendent Stuart Houston: "Did you see anyone acting suspiciously in the vicinity of Ardbeg Road, where she was staying on Sunday evening, into the early hours of Monday morning or where her body was found? Please get in touch."

m.facebook.com/story.php?stor…

"Additional police officers & other resources have travelled to the island & high visibility patrols have been stepped up, with these additional officers patrolling 24 hours a day. If anyone has any concerns, or has any information, they can approach these officers."

People can phone the dedicated incident room at Rothesay Police Office via 101, quoting incident number 0695 of Monday 2 July.

Alternatively, please contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 where information can be passed in confidence.

m.facebook.com/story.php?stor…

An interesting line from the Chief Superintendent

"We are working with a number of partner agencies during this inquiry including local authorities and health boards.

full text at link
Alesha MacPhail: Family 'utterly devastated' as police launch a murder investigation
My apologies for just jumping in here, but it sounds like--at least right now--they are looking at a stranger abduction.

Snipped from your link, bbm:
"Incidents such as this are extremely rare but we are still in the early stages of this investigation and we would ask people to be vigilant about their children and also their household security.
Alesha MacPhail: Police have launched a murder investigation | Evening Times

Maybe it's just standard operating procedure until they know more, though.

Latest update from Daily Mail

I dont remember the DS saying exactly these words !

A post mortem examnation lasting more than seven hours revealed the youngster had been killed either at her home or the ground of a disused hotel where she was found on Monday morning.

Alesha MacPhail was known to sleepwalk, say locals on Bute | Daily Mail Online

i think they are speculating, based on where she must have been between that evening and morning.
further down it says police refused to confirm which of the 2 places it was. I don't think th DM likes it when people dont answer all their questions!

i think they are speculating, based on where she must have been between that evening and morning.
further down it says police refused to confirm which of the 2 places it was. I don't think th DM likes it when people dont answer all their questions!

For sure ! they never let facts get in the way of their reporting

Latest update from Daily Mail

I dont remember the DS saying exactly these words !

A post mortem examnation lasting more than seven hours revealed the youngster had been killed either at her home or the ground of a disused hotel where she was found on Monday morning.

Alesha MacPhail was known to sleepwalk, say locals on Bute | Daily Mail Online

There's a big difference between the two options? Very odd wording. Either at the dump site or somewhere else, and if it's somewhere else then it's the home??? Hmmm.

This already, of course, hasn't ended well; and it really hasn't ended - and that won't end well either.

Thoughts?

It's either someone known to the family or a local who may be an acquaintance of the family. I suppose it could be a holiday-maker who was visiting the island, but that seems lower probability for breaking into the home or convincing a child to go off with them in the night or early hours of the morning.

This already, of course, hasn't ended well; and it really hasn't ended - and that won't end well either.

Thoughts?
I guess, statistically speaking, the perpetrator was someone Alesha knew. I don't know how much time she spent on the island and how wide her circle of acquaintances was. With such a small, tight knit community, an anticipated visit from a grandchild might have been common knowledge to all and sundry. I hope the police can make a fast arrest because living with the unease of not-knowing must make things a bit tense for the folk of Bute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86