UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a big difference between the two options? Very odd wording. Either at the dump site or somewhere else, and if it's somewhere else then it's the home??? Hmmm.

I think the police are trying to say in a very vague fashion that they feel she could have been killed at home. It's to put pressure on someone.

Telling the islanders to be careful means nobody on Bute is going to act normal until this is solved. Again more pressure for the suspect.

This might be helpful for people following the case from afar:

DD-COMPOSITE-ALESHA-MAP.jpg

I can't find a single security camera on streetview between the house and the section of woodland that was cordoned off by police. :(
I hope investigators have some very big clues and lots of connecting pieces of evidence...

Do we know exactly how many people were in the home? Was it just Alesha, grandma and Alisha's father and girlfriend?
I was going to say we only have confirmation of Alesha's Gran and Grandad being there, but thinking about it, not sure if we really have that.

I assume at least the Gran was there. She seemed to raise the alarm.

Not sure if the father of girlfriend were there or live there.

Tragic scene in Bute this morning as Police Scotland launch a murder inquiry into the death of 6 year old Alesha MacPhail.
1f3a5.png
#BehindTheScenes @GMB

Rav Vadgama on Twitter *Photos at link

Rav Vadgama on Twitter *Photos at link

1f3a5.png
#BehindTheScenes @GMB #bute

Rav Vadgama on Twitter

After relatively little national coverage, news sinking in a murderer is on the loose on Bute. Police Scotland repeatedly urging 'families should look out for each other', but not giving details of post mortem other than it provided key information.
1f3a5.png
#BehindTheScenes @GMB

Rav Vadgama on Twitter

I find it interesting that a neighbouring house has been cordoned off, I very much have a gut feeling a neighbour could hold vital information, I do not want to say too much in regard to that but I think the police are using psychological tactics here to apply pressure to anyone involved.
The fact that they are looking at Alesha's family background & are working with partner agencies suggest that they are working to either Implicate a relative or Eliminate a relative.
<modsnipped- not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it interesting that a neighbouring house has been cordoned off, I very much have a gut feeling a neighbour could hold vital information, I do not want to say too much in regard to that but I think the police are using psychological tactics here to apply pressure to anyone involved.
The fact that they are looking at Alesha's family background & are working with partner agencies suggest that they are working to either Implicate a relative or Eliminate a relative.
One thing I am certain of is that this is in no way a stranger abduction, I can not see how on earth that could be possible to snatch a child in the dead of night from a family home with at least 2 adults in the house.

I agree. I wonder about the house next door though. It seems to share a drive way and access to the back of the grandparents house, so it's not entirely clear if the occupants of next door would be involved or that the family just use the driveway.

Yes, if Alesha was removed from the home already deceased, I don't think it likely that she was carried the distance to the woods. It would provide too many opportunities for being seen for one thing. Another thing is that she wouldn't have been easy to carry.

Yes, if Alesha was removed from the home already deceased, I don't think it likely that she was carried the distance to the woods. It would provide too many opportunities for being seen for one thing. Another thing is that she wouldn't have been easy to carry.
Why wouldn't it be easy to carry a six year old that distance in the dead of night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288