Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - Officials Believe 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my original position. That they should wait it out.

But then I read opinions of medical consultants, painting a gloomy description of the potential dangers of 4 months in that cave.

They will be prone to disease and infection as time goes on. It will be constantly wet and very hard to keep the area clean of human waste, and refuse, over a 4 month period. So bacteria and disease will be surrounding them.

And there may be no way to connect with them from the outside for months at a time. No new supplies, no new support, once the floods begin. So they will be depressed, anxious, frightened and weak.

And there may be severe breathing problems, as the air may thin and even be toxic over time.

I think that they are right in trying to make the journey...

At this point all the options seem pretty rubbish :-/

But then I read opinions of medical consultants, painting a gloomy description of the potential dangers of 4 months in that cave.

They will be prone to disease and infection as time goes on. It will be constantly wet and very hard to keep the area clean of human waste, and refuse, over a 4 month period. So bacteria and disease will be surrounding them.

And there may be no way to connect with them from the outside for months at a time. No new supplies, no new support. So they will be depressed, anxious, frightened and weak.

And there may be severe breathing problems, as the air may thin and even be toxic over time.

Yes, I understand what you mean. Those are severe concerns. I hope if it comes to it an organization with experience, maybe NASA, will provide technology for dealing with human waste, refuse, etc. -- and hope this technology is on standby.

At a time like this I wish we had the technology of something like inflatable small shark tanks with hatches to get out, to keep them floating above water and the sides to keep from them getting cut from the rock.

If they had decided to wait out the months.

My poor little mind is going a million miles an hour.

And there may be no way to connect with them from the outside for months at a time. No new supplies, no new support, once the floods begin. So they will be depressed, anxious, frightened and weak.

Plus there's no certainty that during the monsoon months, that all areas won't flood entirely. :(

Waiting on a new miracle... hoping they can locate another opening towards where the boys are.

Thailand cave rescue: Search teams unsure how to free trapped boys - CNN

"During an attempted rescue mission last week, trekkers found a hidden opening deep in the jungle, giving them another way to enter the cave system. The natural chimney was at least 1.5 meters in diameter and at least 22 meters (72 feet) deep."

"Though the opening did not connect to the area where the boys were discovered, now that the exact location is known, rescue efforts can focus on finding other, potentially hidden openings."

Last edited:
At a time like this I wish we had the technology of something like inflatable small shark tanks with hatches to get out, to keep them floating above water and the sides to keep from them getting cut from the rock.

If they had decided to wait out the months.

My poor little mind is going a million miles an hour.
Well they do have one man submarines but I don't think they're
very flexible to bend around all the crevasses.

I'm worried like you and I've been scuba diving many many times
but the odds were in my favor- clear water, my fitness, not in
a confined cave, a strong swimmer and completed a months
long course on diving. even I feel clautophobic thinking
about the conditions in that cave.

Well they do have one man submarines but I don't think they're
very flexible to bend around all the crevasses.

I'm worried like you and I've been scuba diving many many times
but the odds were in my favor- clear water, my fitness, not in
a confined cave, a strong swimmer and completed a months
long course on diving. even I feel clautophobic thinking
about the conditions in that cave.

Thanks so much, Enelram, for sharing your scuba diving knowledge, and your perspective on this.

They need a couple of these babies...

Darley.com - New 6000 GPM Industrial Pump - Highest Flow on the Market
6,000 gallons per minute = 360,000 gallons per hour = 1,362,748 liters per hour . Right now they are pulling out 1,600,000 liters per hour. Just one of these would almost double the amount they can pump out. With two or three they could really make some headway.

(Link for 1.6 million liters)

That's what the former US Navy Seal said in the earlier link.
what you just posted.
Surely someone around the world has seen this news and could
offer some assistance with this type pump.
I'm guessing everyone involved so far is volunteering their time
and efforts and maybe thailand cannot afford the expense of
these pumps.

They need a couple of these babies...

Darley.com - New 6000 GPM Industrial Pump - Highest Flow on the Market
6,000 gallons per minute = 360,000 gallons per hour = 1,362,748 liters per hour . Right now they are pulling out 1,600,000 liters per hour. Just one of these would almost double the amount they can pump out. With two or three they could really make some headway.

(Link for 1.6 million liters)

Dear Wyle_E_Coyote,

This is brilliant!

A few fighter jets could fly some in.

Who knows what they are contemplating by the minute?

Wylie, you should try and email some of the officials involved
in this recovery. Show them your information.
We could all jump in and help get the email addresses for you
if you want. ??? What say you?

I very much agree. Given time, drilling into the chamber and extracting the group would be my choice. Even so, finding a location for a way in could take longer than creating a shaft large enough to remove the boys! I'm not liking the added stress and urgency the team is facing.....
Again with the Chilean miners, it took 69 days to get them out. They would have to drill even deeper to get these kids out. They don't have that much time in this case.

Wylie, you should try and email some of the officials involved
in this recovery. Show them your information.
We could all jump in and help get the email addresses for you
if you want. ??? What say you?
Hmmmm.... I could message the Thai Navy SEALS via Facebook . But really, surely they have thought of higher volume pumps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie