UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
normally they release the age of the arrested person .. which is making me think that they know age wpuld give it away so am i wrong in saying its to prevent a public outrage<modsnipped for speculating the id of the arrested person>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to remind those not aware of how policing works in Scotland that arrests are different here. Basically the arrest means this man will definitely face charges.
That's not what it says here:

If you're arrested, you'll usually be taken to a police station, held in custody and – if you're not charged with a crime – you may be questioned.

After you've been held at the police station and questioned, you may be released or charged with a crime.

If you're suspected of a crime but haven't been charged yet, the police can hold you for up to 12 hours before they have to charge you with a crime or release you.

The police can extend this to a maximum of 24 hours, but only if a senior police officer agrees to this.

The police can release you while they continue investigating the crime.

You can be arrested more than once for the same offence. But these separate arrest periods can't last longer than 12 hours.
Being arrested in Scotland - mygov.scot

Last edited:
<snipped quoted post>

I read somewhere earlier the family had moved to a nearby place while forensics at the flat. Being a cat lover, felt a sadness the poor cat being uprooted!
The poor little girl, what on earth happened to her. Just too tragic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members