UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect more arrests to follow. I think the ' in connection with' .may be significant?

Rbbm.
Were any computers or i phones seized.......?
speculative innuendo, imo.
I don't think we'll find that out until trial (and that may depend on reporting restrictions and whether there is a guilty plea or not), but I imagine it'll be pretty standard nowadays to seize phones etc.

Thinking about it, I'd be shocked if they weren't seized.

Last edited:
If the poor little one was assaulted... there'll be dna evidence, correct ? :(
Still cannot wrap my head around how she was taken from the grandparent's apt. Unless she was out sleepwalking-- then it was a crime of opportunity.
Then again--- she may have been targeted by her killer, if he was familiar with her and her schedule.
Or she was lured to her death.

It sounds like -- until now, that is -- it was considered a 'safe' community. Sadly, nowhere is 'safe' anymore.
If the killer entered the apartment... then I'd charge him with kidnapping, and breaking & entering as well. As many charges as possible to keep this low life behind bars as many years as possible !!

Is that the last year of schooling? Or does it go up to 18? Also, would they have left school (if up to 16) by now, with the start of summer vacation?

Not that it matters, just conversing.

Hi, sorry for late reply,
Year 11 is the youngest age you can officially leave school.. you would already be 16, or very nearly 16.
The End of summer term over here usually breaks up in July, although Scotland could vary from me here in Wales.
Then you can stay on another in school after year 11 to resit your exams or go on to do A levels and study for two years.
So this boy would be between those ages.

17. This was my thinking also, given that the cars are being seized. Not unusual for younger teens to have been taught by parents or friends earlier than this, but very unusual for them to risk being 'on the roads' without a license due to age.

With a body of a child arguably in the back of a car I'm not sure worrying about the legality of driving is high on a list of priorities. This is also a rural and relatively isolated community, the rules get a little bent regarding this or youngsters learn to drive relatively competently on farms.

I have to agree that the phrase 'in connection with' indicates the Police have their eyes on others.

Here in Scotland we don’t have a year 11. Our kids stay in school until 18. Aged 16 you would be looking at an S5 pupil.
We also do 7 yrs of primary (junior school) our kids start high school one year later than England and Wales do.
Interesting. I'm in Wales we have primary up to wear 6 start high school year 7then up to year 11, after that it's usually known as 6th form .

If the poor little one was assaulted... there'll be dna evidence, correct ? :(
Still cannot wrap my head around how she was taken from the grandparent's apt. Unless she was out sleepwalking-- then it was a crime of opportunity.
Then again--- she may have been targeted by her killer, if he was familiar with her and her schedule.
Or she was lured to her death.

It sounds like -- until now, that is -- it was considered a 'safe' community. Sadly, nowhere is 'safe' anymore.
If the killer entered the apartment... then I'd charge him with kidnapping, and breaking & entering as well. As many charges as possible to keep this low life behind bars as many years as possible !!

I think the killer could have had access. A 'party' or people going from one flat to another maybe?

Interesting. I'm in Wales we have primary up to wear 6 start high school year 7then up to year 11, after that it's usually known as 6th form .

I grew up in wales so familiar with the schooling. Here though kids do 7 years of primary, 4 years mandatory high school and then an additional 2 years but it’s still school. S5 & S6 you can do some work release or some college studies during this time.

I think the killer could have had access. A 'party' or people going from one flat to another maybe?

Could be? Another thought I had was that however he got to her he may have quietly woken her and said sshhh, and had some spiel to lure her out of bed quite happily, tho only half awake, he may have said we have to be really quiet. And as the dear little child knew him and trusted him, she followed him.

I grew up in wales so familiar with the schooling. Here though kids do 7 years of primary, 4 years mandatory high school and then an additional 2 years but it’s still school. S5 & S6 you can do some work release or some college studies during this time.
Thanks for that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member