UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not very likely

I'd say it is very likely they were open but not likely to be a factor in her removal from the flat. Even if the doors at the base & the top of the stair tower were locked from the inside I'd put money on it that that is how he got her out. Getting a six year old out alive or dead through the attic windows would be some feat.
Plus to people elsewhere important to note that it isn't a given that the doors were locked. Some islanders don't always lock up.
Oh right, I thought the grandparents lived on the ground floor. Yeah I live in a town similar to Rothesay and we don’t think about locking our doors and windows! I will be from now on!

It crossed my mind that maybe he was invited in to the flat by maybe the gf or Aleshas dad & as it took so long for the post-mortem results to come back the police were sitting tight. I hope he pleads guilty because if I am entirely honest I don’t want to hear the sordid details of this case!

I have an 8 year old wee girl and the video on <modsnip> What that family must be going through i cannot even begin to imagine the extent!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a difference in Scottish law between sexual assault and rape? I'm assuming there must be significant evidence for the latter? Will we know if it was post Mortem? There would be evidence in the flat if not?
I've posted the link to the legal definition a bit further up.
[URL="https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/uk-alesha-macphail-6-ardbeg-isle-of-bute-scotland-2-july-2018.379526/page-31#post-14198926"]UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 July 2018[/URL]

Oh right, I thought the grandparents lived on the ground floor. Yeah I live in a town similar to Rothesay and we don’t think about locking our doors and windows! I will be from now on!
No pet, they're up on the first floor & attic. The ground floor (1st floor for USAians) is a separate flat accessed by the front door. The upstairs flat is accessed via the stair tower at the back. With doors at the bottom of the tower & another on the first floor (second floor for USAians). Then the attic is accessed from stairs on the first floor that are separate to the stair tower.

Sweet Alesha MacPhail, My heart aches for your family. Your innocent soul is now in eternal peace, never to be harmed again.

You are now protected from vile monsters who do such things as was done to you.

God was watching.

It crossed my mind that maybe he was invited in to the flat by maybe the gf or Aleshas dad....

I wonder what relationship, if any, might exist between a 16 year old and people in their early to mid-20s and older. I do not believe many adults would consider a 16 year old a 'friend' in a meaningful way (as in someone you could confide in for instance).

I just can’t comprehend what goes through people’s mind

I do
Sexual urges , then they think they have the right to take what they desire
Children are used because they are no threat. Trusting little victims
He went in that house, he knew how to get her amd coax her out. Probably whispering sshhh. Be quiet. That dear little child trusted him so she went with him.
Vile monster will one-day get his karma!

I think most of us here were expecting this to be the case. I am shocked but not shocked if you see what I mean. There seems to be a culture among some of society who feel entitled to do whatever they want and with little deterrent for some types of offences. Perhaps this will be the case which forces a change in the law but I, m not holding my breath. Poor wee girl and her parents and family will never get over the unfounded guilt they may feel, all the what if,s. My condolences to them

The alleged rape should not have been surprising, but still, had hoped the murder did not involve anything that hideous.
Out of curiosity ( and very aware that sex assault is often more about control than sexuality) is there a shortage of 16 year old girls in the area?
speculation, imo.

I wonder what relationship, if any, might exist between a 16 year old and people in their early to mid-20s and older. I do not believe many adults would consider a 16 year old a 'friend' in a meaningful way (as in someone you could confide in for instance).

I suppose not everyone is particularly mature in their early 20s. The dads girlfriend could be younger than he is. I am thinking some kind of 'aquaintance' who they may have been familiar with for one reason or another ( parties and other stuff?) if not a friend in the true sense. There are people who have very volatile relationships also, where they end up turning on people quite viciously.

The alleged rape should not have been surprising, but still, had hoped the murder did not involve anything that hideous.
Out of curiosity ( and very aware that sex assault is often more about control than sexuality) is there a shortage of 16 year old girls in the area?
speculation, imo.
No there isn't & even if there was a shortage of 16yo girls. A normal 16yo does not think I need sex I'll rape a wee bairn

Last edited:
speculation, imo.

<modsnip>
But probably kept his dark intentions hidden; imo.
<modsnip>

Still can't help but wonder if there were any warning signs that something was not right with this teen ? Signs that were missed ?

It's maybe easier to trust a known person who is younger, than, say -- a strange older man who is not known in the area. If that makes any sense ?

<modsnip>
But probably kept his dark intentions hidden; imo.
<modsnip>

Still can't help but wonder if there were any warning signs that something was not right with this teen ? Signs that were missed ?

It's maybe easier to trust a known person who is younger, than, say -- a strange older man who is not known in the area. If that makes any sense ?
I think the potential fallout from this will be causing some in Bute & Argyll social services to have conniptions right about now. I for one hope they don't sleep easy in their beds
There are little signs written in small writing & there are big neon ones. This was the later IMO

speculation, imo.

It's possible he is a sadist and gets pleasure from inflicting harm, especially on the most vulnerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes