UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this guy be treated as a 'youth' with a slap on the wrist or as an adult and locked up with the key thrown away? Will he be forever known as a child murder/child molester? In Canada, he would get a very lenient sentence under Youth Justice.

I put a link up further back in the thread. It's quite a long document but the basic rule is that it could go either way - child or adult - due to fact he is just 16

Will this guy be treated as a 'youth' with a slap on the wrist or as an adult and locked up with the key thrown away? Will he be forever known as a child murder/child molester? In Canada, he would get a very lenient sentence under Youth Justice.
The closest example in Scotland I can think of is Luke Mitchell who was 15 when he killed his 14yo girlfriend Jodi Jones.

He got a minimum of 20 years before he can be considered for parole.

It's not throwing away the key, but it's not a slap on the wrist either.

Maybe there are better examples I don't know of.

The sexual nature of Alesha's murder should mean his sentence is longer, if he pleads guilty it will probably reduce it a bit.

But I'm English, and our laws and sentencing guidelines are different to Scotland, so I could be way out.

Exactly, plenty of us had bad starts in life. I'm sickened by the 'he had a bad childhood' brigade. Some people are just selfish & sadistic.
If you don't look at why people behave like this in the first place and do everything possible to stop it the same thing will just happen again and again. I would imagine there was a serious amount of dysfunction in the accuseds life. It's not excusing his alleged crime in any way it's explaining it.

If you don't look at why people behave like this in the first place and do everything possible to stop it the same thing will just happen again and again. I would imagine there was a serious amount of dysfunction in the accuseds life. It's not excusing his alleged crime in any way it's explaining it.
I didn't say don't look at the reasons why. I said I don't buy the excuse.

I know this is a long shot, but it's the only thing I could think to explain him getting her out without anyone else knowing that he took her or suspecting him because they knew he had been there. If he spent quite a bit of time there, she had probably gotten to know him fairly well and trust him. If he had been there earlier in the day/night, and told her how much fun it was to swim at night, he may have talked her into secretly sneaking out when everyone else was sleeping and take a swim with him. Once they removed their clothes (so nobody would know she'd been out and swimming, of course!), he could have accidentally drowned her while raping her. Of course, he could have also purposely murdered her to keep her from telling anyone or just because he enjoyed it. No idea if it's at all likely, but it's all I have at the moment. MOO

I agree there is a benefit in looking at how people turn out this way, it could stop similar things from happening. That is not the same as thinking people should be excused in some way. I think at 16 he knew what he was doing, even if his upbringing had a part to play. Sentences should be longer IMO, then these deviants could be studied and kept away from the public at the same time.

Exactly, plenty of us had bad starts in life. I'm sickened by the 'he had a bad childhood' brigade. Some people are just selfish & sadistic.
He had a good upringing.. <modsnip>he didnt go without. Sounds to me like he probably had too much and thought he could do what he wanted!

Last edited by a moderator:
He had a good upringing.. <modsnip> and he didnt go without. Sounds to me like he probably had too much and thought he could do what he wanted!

Possibly he did but being in a certain profession doesn't exclude problem personality types, even 'respectable' seeming people can be very dysfunctional and have all kinds of issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well ive finally found out his name and seen his face! Im so glad tgat people are not keeping their mouths shut! He deserves every last thing thats coming his way! I do feel for his mum however! The poor woman has tried her best and has lost a child too. Its just unreal!!

Nope. Even if he was raped as a child unless he spent his life locked in a barn or has the IQ of a coconut there is no way he doesn't know it's wrong. It's not like something touchy in a country where spanking is legal and what's the difference between that and a beating. Maybe he's not sure of the difference in type etc.

There is no circumstances in which sexual intercourse with a 6 yo is ever normal. And there is no way he's reached 16 yo and doesn't know that. NONE. It's not normal and has never been normal not for God knows how many hundreds or thousands of years to be considered "normal" to have sex with a 6 yo girl in Western Europe that I know of.

Refreshing to see this post. Thank you.

I can't agree more Ironside!

Waving pitchforks and calling people like him 'evil' is helping no one.

Yes what he's (allegedly) done is beyond horrific but he is also a 16 year old boy, a son, a friend, a peer, a human being.

We will learn nothing, prevent nothing and change nothing if we just ignore the humanity in offenders of all kinds and just see the evil.

That is exactly how they walk unseen amongst us because no one would beleive that that a popular, boy or girl,from a hardworking family could be the monster ...

I can't agree more Ironside!

Waving pitchforks and calling people like him 'evil' is helping no one.

Yes what he's (allegedly) done is beyond horrific but he is also a 16 year old boy, a son, a friend, a peer, a human being.

We will learn nothing, prevent nothing and change nothing if we just ignore the humanity in offenders of all kinds and just see the evil.

That is exactly how they walk unseen amongst us because no one would beleive that that a popular, boy or girl,from a hardworking family could be the monster ...

IMO, every pedophile needs to be locked up forever.

According to what info is out there, the killer was known to the family of Alesha. From other posts here at WS; specifically to the girlfriend of Alesha's dad.
But probably kept his dark intentions hidden; imo.
According to his FB, he was in a relationship with an older guy. So, why harm poor Alesha ?

Still can't help but wonder if there were any warning signs that something was not right with this teen ? Signs that were missed ?

It's maybe easier to trust a known person who is younger, than, say -- a strange older man who is not known in the area. If that makes any sense ?

I think there have been a number of internet rumours flying around, maybe one of them is correct and the others are not correct, but not everyone has caught up to which one is correct. So some of the things you mention there as not making a lot of sense might be due to some of the faulty rumours?

I think that's one reason why it's important that on the forum we stick with what has been reported by police and by mainstream media organizations.

I agree that you've got to wonder if there's been any earlier activity along these lines (touching little girls)....from what I know most attackers build up, whether that's building up to rape or to murder. It seems it would be unusual for an attack this horrific to come out of nowhere.

IMO, every pedophile needs to be locked up forever.

We agree on that then ... what I'm saying is, wouldn't it be better to be able to identify an issue before there even is 'a victim' ... and if society is only looking at the ones who 'look' 'evil' then they are leaving the door wide open for the good looking, successful, charming abuser ...

Well the things being written on social media and naming him have done untold damage in my opinion. His lawyer will have a field day if there is a trial. I understand emotions running high but people need to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!