UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't agree more Ironside!

Waving pitchforks and calling people like him 'evil' is helping no one.

Yes what he's (allegedly) done is beyond horrific but he is also a 16 year old boy, a son, a friend, a peer, a human being.

We will learn nothing, prevent nothing and change nothing if we just ignore the humanity in offenders of all kinds and just see the evil.

That is exactly how they walk unseen amongst us because no one would beleive that that a popular, boy or girl,from a hardworking family could be the monster ...
<modsnip>

For those that want actually want justice I'd suggest not posting any rumours here or elsewhere, anything that could identify the suspect could cause a trial to collapse. Also the chances are some totally innocent people could suffer terribly if someone posted the wrong name. Just because a name is on Facebook does not make it fact.

Last edited by a moderator:
They would struggle to find a jury not aware of what has been said. Although jury members I am sure are told to leave preconceptions at the door, particularly with such a heinous crime, it would be hard

I don't understand why it's ok to call for the death of a minor, it seems deeply hypocritical. I always think the baying mobs outside court in these cases are probably not that far behind the people they are so angry with. Maybe they recognise something in themselves in the culprit?

For those that want actually want justice I'd suggest not posting any rumours here or elsewhere, anything that could identify the suspect could cause a trial to collapse. Also the chances are some totally innocent people could suffer terribly if someone posted the wrong name. Just because a name is on Facebook does not make it fact.

Wait. Are you saying a person who doesn't want a pedophile murderer alive must have tendencies towards being a pedophile murderer?

If he was 2 years older we would know his name, never heard so much crap in all my life! No-one can gepordise this case because the evidence will be overwhelming!
I agree completely about overwhelming evidence but the technical issue of ' unfair ' trial has seen cases be thrown out in the past due to things being written about the defendant.

They are hammering it to those posting his picture and details on facebook and twitter:

COPFS‏ @COPFS 9m9 minutes ago
Commenting on active cases, or using images associated with a case, may risk prejudicing future proceedings.

I don't want a conviction risked for reasons like this! If he's guilty he needs locking up, not getting off on a technicality like this :(

Not every pedophile abuses children, some of them keep their urges under control. I wish you would change that to "every child abuser needs to be locked up forever" so that non-offending pedophiles are not scared off from admitting their issue and seeking help.

No, I don't think I will because from what I've read, treatment is mostly unsuccessful. IMO, you are who you are when it comes to sexual attraction.

No, I don't think I will because from what I've read, treatment is mostly unsuccessful. IMO, you are who you are when it comes to sexual attraction.

@Gardenista You are taking the words right out of my head this afternoon. Thank you for your posts.

I don't think that being that kind of person can be put right.

Regarding the naming of the POI on SM and it jeapordising the potential court case, this was not the case with Bailey Gwynne’s murder, another murder committed in Scotland by a 16 year old boy. The murderer was named on Twitter a matter of minutes after the stabbing by school pupils, and was easily discoverable for months after. The trial still went ahead and the culprit was found guilty of culpable homicide (manslaughter).
Teenager receives custodial sentence for killing of schoolboy Bailey Gwynne

The Crown Prosecution and Procurator Fiscal are telling people not to post details in case it goes against the case. Even if that was extremely unlikely, why would you do that?

<modsnip>

There are hundreds of angry people out there who know the Rat and their tempers are flared. They happily would do time for him
& many are gunning for him.
He's lucky at the moment her under lock & key
<modsnip>

There are hundreds of angry people out there who know the Rat and their tempers are flared. They happily would do time for him
& many are gunning for him.
He's lucky at the moment her under lock & key
<modsnip>

It's all talk from most. People like the attention and are not doing the victim or the family any favours.

Possibly he did but being in a certain profession doesn't exclude problem personality types, even 'respectable' seeming people can be very dysfunctional and have all kinds of issues.
I totally agree.. i didnt mean that because she was a nurse meant he was deacent. I meant that she was deacent and tried her best. He cane from a good family. All the more frightening. Like someone mentioned before.. if he'd come from a terrible upbringing then you could maybe see how he could end up being what he is
If he was 2 years older we would know his name, never heard so much crap in all my life! No-one can gepordise this case because the evidence will be overwhelming!
exactly!! well said!

Last edited:
Wow, I've spent years here mostly reading, occasionally posting, but I have to say this thread makes me sick to my stomach. Unfortunately while the alleged crime is horrific enough and almost defies reason, it mostly makes me sad for the victim, her family, the perpetrator's family, and even for the psycological makeup that allowed or compelled this teen to destroy so many lives and throw away the life of a young child. What makes me nauseous is the vile, sadistic comments of members here who hope the perpetrator is tortured or killed in prison or want a guard to turn a blind eye to vigilante justice. Some posters even want to participate! It's crazy. And quite frankly makes me wonder about some of the psyches posting on this thread. Between the pure old testament vitriol and the barely disguised rumor mongering, I have no idea why this thread is still open. You sully the poor young girl's name by behaving this way. We at Websleuths are suppposed to be better than this. Sorry, I just can't ignore this. Have some respect for the victim.

Regarding the naming of the POI on SM and it jeapordising the potential court case, this was not the case with Bailey Gwynne’s murder, another murder committed in Scotland by a 16 year old boy. The murderer was named on Twitter a matter of minutes after the stabbing by school pupils, and was easily discoverable for months after. The trial still went ahead and the culprit was found guilty of culpable homicide (manslaughter).
Teenager receives custodial sentence for killing of schoolboy Bailey Gwynne
I was thinking not just about naming the defendant but people discussing their past and reputation. That could be seen as prejudicing the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288