Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Still Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my WS friends, I'm still here and holding all in the light.
I haven't had much to add because I am speechless.
I am reading all of your posts and am grateful for the vigilance and up to date news! I am quietly here every step of the way.
Sending love and light to all of you and of course the 13 and their brave families and rescuers.

He is just promoting his companies. If he really wanted to help with the rescue, he would have gotten involved weeks ago.

With all due respect KaaBoom, the team was only located what, four days ago? Five? Elon Musk and many other companies, volunteers, etc. have only come on board once the team was located. Before that, during the search, no one knew if they young men were even alive. I don't think anyone is trying to use this for publicity. People genuinely want to help, and experts from all walks of life are donating time & resources. It seems a bit unfair to blame someone who really could assist in the rescue just being in it the for the glory.

Hang in there, my friend! This is super-stressful. We all share in your fears and hopes. *hugs*

I've heard of it, but I didn't think it had a very high success rate. Mind you that's from when I've heard of it being done in drought regions to try to attract rain. I suppose it might be better if it's done on a cloud that's full of rain and you just want it to drop the rain sooner?

There was an example given earlier that it might have been used at the Beijing Olympics, but would that have been for monsoon-type weather?

I'm skeptical when it comes to things like climate modifications in case there are unforeseen consequences. What if the seeding just caused the cloud to drop even more rain on the mountain instead of dropping the rain before it got to the mountain?

I would also think that part of the problem is that monsoon clouds tend to build up alongside high mountains and then it builds up so much that the rain comes down. It's not just weather but also geography? Not that I claim to know anything about it.

Yikes, if it's possible it could go wonky and drop more rain where we don't want it... then nevermind!
I thought it was a bit more precise.
OkeyDokey then...

The thought just crossed my mind that whatever they will do it's gonna get really dramatic. Yes it's already dramatic but it will be even more so when it rains and the water rises, or if and when they try to dive out. It's gonna be gut wrenching to follow it. :(

I almost hope they don't tell us until it's over for this reason.

Fantastic. They can solve traffic congestion problems. What does that have to do with getting the kids out? This is a rural area. Not a lot of traffic congestion there. If he was serious about helping he should have offered it weeks ago. He's just looking for publicity IMHO.

Weeks ago he said he was sure that the Thai authorities had it under control but was happy to help if he could. I think he realized the authorities do not have it under control and so he offered to help before they asked.

snipped for focus

jeez..didn't we just hear about how they had already brought in 4 months worth of food?

So frustrating!

Yep, the inconsistency is quite consistent.

It is the ONLY thing that is consistent!

But isn’t more water going to come in once it rains? I’m just plain confused. Jmo. I feel like a dumb dumb or something. I just don’t get it.

No, you definitely get it.

Yes, its about 4-5 hrs old but the rain is coming at approx. 3-4pm their time, Saturday.

If the monsoon hits mid afternoon, how are they going to get them out??
I truly fear they have missed their opportunity IF the rains come.

I agree.

Actually, i think you understand it perfectly.

I'm beginning to think they don't believe it's going to be possible.

Exactly. I think they are stalling because they don't believe they can succeed.

I'm thankful for any help anyone is willing to offer. He owns a world class boring company. I say let them at least try to help.

Absolutely. I just wish he had not had faith in Thai authorities and had offered immediately.

Have been away all day and dreaded what I would come back to. I can’t stress how surprised I am they have not started on the rescue mission already.

While we all are aware of the dangers, either way, the fact they have not started gives me goose bumps! I fear the expert divers feel this is such a risky process, they are praying that another method will come up at the last second.

Perhaps if there were one or two boys to get out it wouldn’t be quite as daunting. So many trips back and forth must be made, the divers know the responsibility ahead of them as well as knowing what their bodies are capable of.

If the water wasn’t there, getting these weak exhausted boys out would be a major challenge. May Buddha do what he does in times like this and let these boys and coach come out alive. We, who pray, are sending up prayers for a safe rescue.

I think this is exactly what is going on. They are hoping for a hail mary to save them from having to dive.

Oh Bless them all! They're worried about their families! And they're hungry :( They're being so brave!

This totally sounds like what my own child would write to me.

It really shows how naive they are about their situation when they’re worried about having homework, and helping their parents when they get home.

Good. I want them to stay naive. I don't want them to know how bad it is.

With all due respect KaaBoom, the team was only located what, four days ago? Five? Elon Musk and many other companies, volunteers, etc. have only come on board once the team was located. Before that, during the search, no one knew if they young men were even alive. I don't think anyone is trying to use this for publicity. People genuinely want to help, and experts from all walks of life are donating time & resources. It seems a bit unfair to blame someone who really could assist in the rescue just being in it the for the glory.

Hang in there, my friend! This is super-stressful. We all share in your fears and hopes. *hugs*
He should have been involved before they were found. But at least at that point. I'm not buying his sincerity now. My god, he was Tweeting about how his technology can relieve traffic congestion in cities. Who the hell cares about that at a time like this? He is doing nothing except business promotion.

They used it for the olympics in Beijing so they have the capability over there. It's quite expensive though and I worry that's why they aren't considering it.

Yeah, I firgured it was probably a big financial endeavour.
But if it's not accurate, then we might not want to risk it afterall.

I think the scariest thing about this is that usually, whatever situation you get yourself into, you call emergency services and they rescue you. In this case the combined emergency services of the world can’t figure out how to rescue them!
It must be terrifying for those boys, when they saw the torches of the first divers they must have felt such hope and thought they were saved, yet they’re still there.
I wish the boys knew that they have the whole world praying and sending positive thoughts for their safe return.

Hello my WS friends, I'm still here and holding all in the light.
I haven't had much to add because I am speechless.
I am reading all of your posts and am grateful for the vigilance and up to date news! I am quietly here every step of the way.
Sending love and light to all of you and of course the 13 and their brave families and rescuers.
What a lovely post. : )

He should have been involved before they were found. But at least at that point. I'm not buying his sincerity now. My god, he was Tweeting about how his technology can relieve traffic congestion in cities. Who the hell cares about that at a time like this? He is doing nothing except business promotion.

I get ya, mate. Truly I do. But life doesn't stop and business people do what they do. *shrug* I hope (and I'm betting you feel the same) that even if late to the party, if he can bring something in to the effort that may assist, well, better late than never.

Here, I've opened my bottle of Chardonnay and am chilling out, following alerts and watching Jurassic Park 3. Have a virtual drink on me. :)

I think, whether those notes are genuine or not, that the boys are going to be in a kind of news blackout zone in the cave. The rescuers have to keep their spirits up and keep their fears to a minimum and allay as much sense of panic as they possibly can.

In that situation those notes do seem plausible that the kids might worry about homework and want to reassure their families that they are okay? The mentions of food seem consistent with people who've been starved for ten days and then on MREs and liquid nourishment to replenish their system, not anything like proper food.

IMHO, if the notes are fakes, they've been extremely well compiled from a psychological standpoint?

ETA the note from the coach has a terrible sense of guilt in it? Could someone fake that in order to have positive-sounding words but a thread of guilt running through them?

ETA 2....maybe there's some partial doctoring...for instance if a boy writes "I'm scared" that gets changed to "I'm okay"?

It's hard to tell, but if the whole things are faked, I think it's an extremely high-quality job that few people would be capable of? But the translation into English is also surprisingly excellent and flowing English, it doesn't sound like the sort of thing from an automatic translator. It would be interesting to be able to read it in the original language (for a native Thai speaker).

From my own experience, Thai language is very difficult to translate.
To me they speak in riddles and poems.
It's easier to understand if you ask a Thai person "what are they saying?" than "can you translate this?"

I haven't seen the messages but if someone has a link to them I'll ask around for better translations.

I am SO sad the little boys and their coach are still not out. No words, I don't know what to say. I just hope the Thais will accept all the professional help they can get, and gratefulness to all the people offering help. :*(

I found this report of a Kentucky mine rescue.

And another, here it is!

I hope these are what you are looking for!
What a sluether!
The first one just happened a couple of years ago...
but the second one - looks to be the one! This is 1983, although they said it was late 1970s -- I'm thinking this is surely it. Good job! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member