UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no, you didn't read it properly
I never mentioned young lads? I said a young male. I was talking about an individual. And please don't insult my intelligence by making out I do not know what I am talking about and that a normal boy couldn't do such a thing. Some people cannot bear to think this could be the case. Yes sexual desires are all part of nature and normal, but it's when their desires are forced on another it's not normal. And normal people can do this.
They don't have to be mentally ill.
He wanted sex. So why didn't he get it from a girlfriend? ., cos maybe he didn't have one!
or why didn't he just ask one of his female friends for a quickie? Because he was desperate for it.. Because they would probably tell him to eff off!
Hence The desire to take/force sex without agreement has landed millions of males in prison and on death row.
The first thing lots of people say is oh he can't be normal to do such a thing
Well I believe they can be normal and still do such a crime.

No, no, I did read it properly ... more than once in fact, in disbelief!

It is not 'normal' for ANY young man, this accused or any other, to rape a 6 year old child just because he doesn't have/can't get a 'girlfriend' or peer to have sex with him!

I'm not suggesting that mental illness or disorder is the cause/reason/excuse for what the accused has done but, HE And what he's done are certainly not normal!

<modsnipped quote and response to it>

but, also ... it's not at all uncommon for young people to change their relationship status on FB to being married etc to anyone, best friend, random person ... it's not a strictly serious announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are more chemical makeups than psychopath Vs non-psychopath. What about someone who will steal Vs someone who won't or someone who will cheat Vs someone who won't.

Even having the ability to contemplate committing this kind of crime requires a brain that functions differently than mine. It is literally impossible I would ever do such a thing but not everyone that does is a psychopath according to science.

Your opinion implies, basically states! that young lads with perfectly natural desires will just go out and rape a 6 year old if they can't find a girlfriend!!

I've been on websleuths for many years and followed many horrific cases but, I've never shared a thread with members before who hold such frightening beliefs.

Yup.

This was an act of power.

The individual doing this was not normal and this was not typical 'lad' behaviour.

I'm from Ayrshire and travel to Bute quite often. Is there any Bute locals on here that know about drug use on the island?
Bute is one of the most economically deprived areas in Scotland. The drug & alcohol use is not exactly low. There was a bust a few years ago & from memory they got near £1 million in cannabis plants. It is bad enough that you can get inpatient treatment on the island. They'll also help you detox in your own home. There is a 24hr hotline for Bute for drugs & alcohol

Also people talking about kiddies being substitutes for girlfriends there are also 'for example' lads who never seemed to mature emotionally. And everyone who knows them thought their long standing interest in primary kids was creepy & age inappropriate. Despite a normal IQ

Bute is one of the most economically deprived areas in Scotland. The drug & alcohol use is not exactly low. There was a bust a few years ago & from memory they got near £1 million in cannabis plants. It is bad enough that you can get inpatient treatment on the island. They'll also help you detox in your own home. There is a 24hr hotline for Bute for drugs & alcohol

Also people talking about kiddies being substitutes for girlfriends there are also 'for example' lads who never seemed to mature emotionally. And everyone who knows them thought their long standing interest in primary kids was creepy & age inappropriate. Despite a normal IQ

I had heard of stories but never really witnessed anything to suggest major drug use.

Have there been sexual cases recently that locals know about but seem to have been hushed up?

I have family from the Hebrides, some on islands smaller in population than Bute, and there have never been signs of drug abuse or inappropriate behaviour due to 'lack of girlfriends'.

<modsnipped- do not bring rumor up for discussion>

In your opinion, does the poverty and lack of opportunities on Bute explain some of the problems and behaviours?

Prisons 'awash' with smuggled phones
UK prisons 'awash' with smuggled phones and SIM cards

By Alex HomerBBC News
  • 17 May 201
_100997522_hmpberwyninmarch2017dankitwoodgettyimages-653715892.jpg
Image copyrightDAN KITWOOD/GETTY IMAGES
Image caption"We are also taking decisive action to find and block mobile phones" - Prison Service spokesman
At least 15,000 mobile phones or SIM cards were confiscated in English and Welsh prisons last year, equivalent to one for every six inmates.

Phones are used by some prisoners to order drugs and co-ordinate criminal activity inside and outside jail.#

At least 15,000 mobile phones or SIM cards were confiscated in English and Welsh prisons last year, equivalent to one for every six inmates.

Phones are used by some prisoners to order drugs and co-ordinate criminal activity inside and outside jail.

eDIT TO ADD = Sorry all I am having so many problems with new laptop. I seem to keep deleting myself !! I was Responding to an earlier post on this subject.
Smuggled in 'bottoms' I read these miniature phones. IMOO they are used by gangs, or drug dealers mostly.

Last edited:
I really don't think it's a case of 'wanting sex'. Rape is always about power and dominance. It is likely he always had a sexual interest in children which was obviously at its peak when you're a teenager. Obviously I'm not excusing his actions, just attempting to understand. I don't think any of us ever will though. <modsnip>

It's quite common for sadistic abusers to have same sex relationships. Savile had male and female victims, it was causing distress and abusing vulnerable people that motivated him, so he seemed to fit in this category. It's a different motivation than being truly attracted to children.

I really don't think it's a case of 'wanting sex'. Rape is always about power and dominance. It is likely he always had a sexual interest in children which was obviously at its peak when you're a teenager. Obviously I'm not excusing his actions, just attempting to understand. I don't think any of us ever will though. <modsnip>

Yes I agree, I know rape is a power/control thing but wanting sex is extremely high on that agenda.
<modsnipped- please do not bring rumor into the discussion- remember information must come from MSM and links must be provided >

There is a VERY big difference between sexual acts with a young child and sexual acts with a peer. Sexual attraction and/or contact with a young child should never be associated with someone just wanting to get sexual gratification in the 'normal' sense. They are very very different.

<modsnipped quote>

All of the above is gossip and rumour and not welcome or allowed here.

Please abide by the rules or you'll get the whole thread shut down for everyone.

<modsnip>

Which is exactly why we don't allow gossip and hearsay on Websleuth ... someone's heard, someone saw, someone says ... then reems of comments are all based on falsities.

If you can't provide a link for it, don't post it.

I really do not think a 16 year old boy would rape a small child just because he couldn't get sex from someone his own age. I have a degree in criminology & psychology, and honestly, that just isn't a reason for child rape. Power, dominance, having an attraction to children - yes, these are more likely to be reasons.

Thinking of Alesha this morning. I cannot imagine the heartrending pain her family is going thru. To lose a child by death is horrible in itself, but to know your sweet 6-yr old babe was sexually assaulted And murdered has to be hell on earth. Thoughts & prayers with Alesha's family. May God comfort them.

The last few pages of this thread have taken a direction that has shocked me. Not comfy with this at all. First time here that I've had to stop reading posts .

admin note:
Rumor, hearsay, information about comments on facebook and gossip continue to be posted even after several mod admonitions stating it is not allowed here. Warning points have been issued. Timeouts are forthcoming if it continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member