Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a fan-freaking-tastic video

Elon Musk on Twitter

Awesome!

I don't get the hate. He didn't have to do this. He could have sent in some engineers and some batteries and left it at that. Publicity with far less effort and expense .

How many other billionaires and companies have created a completely custom piece of equipment, from initial design to build and testing, in a couple of days, for the express purpose of rescuing these kids?

The boys and coach must be so anxious to get out knowing their teammates did so ok. Gahhh! I hope they got some sleep and have been meditating. I wonder when they will start, or if they already have.

I understand now about not telling the parents thanks to a few WS members who explained so well why that might be happening. We just have to trust they know what is best for the boys and coach.
I feel they will all get out soon and will be warm and cleaned up. Eating some yummy food or at least know that they will very soon depending on health. Embraces from moms and dads and granny’s and grandpas. Will be a glorious next few days.
As long as we have hope. Even if it’s as small as a mustard seed!

I think it's about that last narrow passage (or first passage, from the boys' point of view) where they only want the best to guide the boys through. Once through that other divers take over. As I understood it (but I could be wrong) Rick Stanton and John Volanthen, the two expert divers from Britain, guided all 4 boys through the first stretch today. They want to repeat that tomorrow, so these two need to sleep.

I was thinking the same thing about Rick S and John V, they must be utterly knackered! They've been there for the duration! Doing the most grueling work!

After the success with the first four, why would they be waiting until tomorrow (Monday) to rescue the remainder of the boys and the coach? Surely the divers don't need that much rest! Could they be awaiting more or different type of equipment? Waiting for the capsule thingy from Elon Musk for boys who are sicker or not as strong as the first four were?

The frustrations we are having with there being a military dictatorship in Thailand and the government controlling the news sure points out the difference between what we have here in the U.S. Doesn't it?
MOO. The main reason for the delay in going back in is because the primary divers being used to bring the boys out are the
British Expert Cave divers. The other divers mentioned do not have the skills, experience or know how to pull this off.
I believe there are only 8 cave (all British) divers there. Other
divers and thai Navy Seals are assistants only. Probably going
to 3rd chambers, etc.
After 10 hours of straight diving the British need to eat and sleep
which is why they estimated they would start again in 10 hrs.
Regarding the conditions of the boys, take it all with a grain of salt if it comes from a military official. I'd rather hear leaks
from the citizens, guards, public, reporters, etc. than from the officials. The military officials must save face and have no more embarrassment from this endeavor.
The day the boys were found, Thailand's King put out an order
for Thai Navy Seals to all get cave diving training like, in his words, "the British" have. He doesn't realize that the "British"
have years and years of experience and a quickie training class
could not accomplish what the British have done.

My question is why did 18 divers go in when only 8 were used to bring the four boys out? Two divers per boy.

We keep hearing about the two expert divers who found them, however, I am sure I’ve read about more expert divers who have come to help too. Why are more of these expert divers not being used to get the boys out quicker while the water is low?
I'd don't know for sure, but maybe the other divers are for back up and support. Normally in any rescue operation there will be a back up team on standby, to rescue the rescuers, if necessary. It's usually called a Rapid Intervention Team, or something like that.

My question is why did 18 divers go in when only 8 were used to bring the four boys out? Two divers per boy.

We keep hearing about the two expert divers who found them, however, I am sure I’ve read about more expert divers who have come to help too. Why are more of these expert divers not being used to get the boys out quicker while the water is low?

We'll probably hear all about it after the ordeal is over, but in the meantime, I suspect that many of the expert divers have specific tasks, including, widening the narrow spots, running hand lines through the tunnel, draining the high spots, maintaining the equipment, getting O2 where it's needed, caring for the boys who remain in the tunnel, etc.

Does anybody know a good place to check the weather where they are?

Also, I was thinking about the no photos allowed, no names given, no seeing families etc.
Maybe the coach was so ill the doctor decided he had to be one of the first to leave, and they don't want the public to know for whatever reason?
Maybe they want to finish their mission with no disturbances or interference, such as people getting angry a grown man was taken out before the boys...?
Maybe he's the rumoured code red?

I've followed a couple of Thai cases and imo they're not usually shy to post all the details.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking and complicating things...

ETA: Whoah, that was odd!

Such fantastic news about the four getting out! Amazing. I will say I feel nervous about one of the four. I know the reporter recanted his original post, the one saying one of the four was not in great condition upon getting out. I have a feeling this is actually true. I hope it is not. But I wouldn’t be surprised if authorities were not happy with the release of this negative news and had him say it was inaccurate reporting.

I am very concerned with the new rain. I am frightened the water will rise, conditions will decline, and that currents that are dangerous will develop. I also see the importance of taking the time for the conditions to be as ideal as possible in order to most safety carry out rescue. But should monsoon season get into full swing I worry they won’t have time to dry out areas etc. I am really hoping they can do this!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88