Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the Tom Brown case is solved it so tragic and heartbreaking he seems like such a great kid as Michael is a man.These are two good people who didn't deserve whatever happened to them.
Does anyone know the stats on people who commit suicide but whose bodies are never found? I think it's a pretty small number and more likely investigators use as an easy answer. I am sure it happens but I feel like the very fact of not finding a person's body points to a homicide. Especially an 18 year old. Wouldn't it take a lot of planning, and maybe some mature thought to pull that off?

Does anyone know the stats on people who commit suicide but whose bodies are never found? I think it's a pretty small number and more likely investigators use as an easy answer. I am sure it happens but I feel like the very fact of not finding a person's body points to a homicide. Especially an 18 year old. Wouldn't it take a lot of planning, and maybe some mature thought to pull that off?
Totally agree. When I googled it I only came across the info of people staging their own suicides and it was a very few. I didn’t find any info of them successfully hiding themselves.

Totally agree. When I googled it I only came across the info of people staging their own suicides and it was a very few. I didn’t find any info of them successfully hiding themselves.

Well, er... we wouldn't find any info of a person successfully hiding their body after committing suicide, would we? I'm sorry, but this thought caused me to chuckle. Not a laughing matter at all, but once in a blue moon it's ok to smile, I guess.

I began googling it after reading your post, before it dawned on me that there could not be any meaningful statistical data available for people who've probably committed suicide without ever being found. Those folks, however few or many there are, remain missing :( Same for those who have successfully walked away and now live elsewhere, evading detection. That seems harder to do in this day and age, but if a walk-away committed no crime and is an adult, they do have that right.

Well, er... we wouldn't find any info of a person successfully hiding their body after committing suicide, would we? I'm sorry, but this thought caused me to chuckle. Not a laughing matter at all, but once in a blue moon it's ok to smile, I guess.

I began googling it after reading your post, before it dawned on me that there could not be any meaningful statistical data available for people who've probably committed suicide without ever being found. Those folks, however few or many there are, remain missing :( Same for those who have successfully walked away and now live elsewhere, evading detection. That seems harder to do in this day and age, but if a walk-away committed no crime and is an adult, they do have that right.
That’s right and yes I smiled while I typed it. I have searched for many missing people and we have a saying “if we can’t get to it or down in it, they can’t either” it’s logical thinking. So I’ve never believed this was suicide or else his body would have already be discovered. I also believe that even when there have been cases of people murdered but made to look like suicide the evidence usually lead to an arrest. If that makes sense. I believe it takes a certain mind to pull off anything like that and I can’t see Michael with that kind of mind but just my opinion.

I have a question, if a wife continually emphasizes on “my husband” on Facebook posts, ever posts what could that mean? Never refers to him any other way even says his name following the title my husband. I’m no profiler or psychologist but it seems off to me. To me it’s like she feels someone or many doesn’t know she’s married or has a husband so she’s announcing it. What do y’all think?

That’s right and yes I smiled while I typed it. I have searched for many missing people and we have a saying “if we can’t get to it or down in it, they can’t either” it’s logical thinking. So I’ve never believed this was suicide or else his body would have already be discovered. I also believe that even when there have been cases of people murdered but made to look like suicide the evidence usually lead to an arrest. If that makes sense. I believe it takes a certain mind to pull off anything like that and I can’t see Michael with that kind of mind but just my opinion.
My notion as I was looking for similar situations of true suicide victims who go unfound is that it simply seems like an easy answer for LE to give up. If there is no body isn't that more proof of foul play not less? Unless they have evidence like a note, browser history, messages to friends and family, etc that shows their plan, to pull off not being found they have to have a plan. Which I can possibly see a competent 70 yr old former firefighter being able to come up with something given time, I cannot see an 18 yr old even thinking of it. Not that I think MC did that just saying people who have skills and work experience may be able to mastermind something like that.

Welcome GDUD! I know I have not tried it. Maybe someone else has tried to ride at that speed. It seems like it wouldn't necessarily require riding through Quinlan, especially on the road there as I think it could be kind of dangerous. But even just riding in our own neighborhood we could tell if it's possible to ride that slowly. Good idea! Keep them coming!

I tested myself out and I bike at about 7 mph and I am very new to riding. Havent done it in years!

My notion as I was looking for similar situations of true suicide victims who go unfound is that it simply seems like an easy answer for LE to give up. If there is no body isn't that more proof of foul play not less? Unless they have evidence like a note, browser history, messages to friends and family, etc that shows their plan, to pull off not being found they have to have a plan. Which I can possibly see a competent 70 yr old former firefighter being able to come up with something given time, I cannot see an 18 yr old even thinking of it. Not that I think MC did that just saying people who have skills and work experience may be able to mastermind something like that.
I would think and SM did originally say foul play just based on he’s missing and there is blood in the shop. To me that’s foul play regardless. The family says MC wasn’t text savvy so I’m assuming he wasn’t on the internet planning or reading, maybe he watched tv shows but im assuming that’s it. The suicide theory is crazy that he somehow got and drizzled his own blood and left. On foot or by bike, to me there is no logical way. I tried to think it all out and it’s ridiculous to me. Yes I’m sure MC saw a lot over the years but going by who he is as a person I can’t see him doing any of this regardless. As always though my own opinion. I’m more curious if BC felt he committed suicide was she hurt or angry. Why no memerial service or some kind of closure. She would have to feel some kind or remorse or guilt some kind of sadness or even responsibility but nothing. Not a word, not a tear, not a service. Nothing

Something else when you look at them, who they are as people. MC devoted his life and love to civil service, his family. He treated his wife as a queen. BC couldn’t have loved him or why all the affairs, she put a restraining order on her own child, she was selfish, she sold everything that once made their lives. They are complete opposites. it takes some kind of special person to have all these affairs and spit in the face of the man that loves her and gives to her. Just my opinion

Something else when you look at them, who they are as people. MC devoted his life and love to civil service, his family. He treated his wife as a queen. BC couldn’t have loved him or why all the affairs, she put a restraining order on her own child, she was selfish, she sold everything that once made their lives. They are complete opposites. it takes some kind of special person to have all these affairs and spit in the face of the man that loves her and gives to her. Just my opinion
I noticed that everything they or MC built she got rid of it as soon as possible. I wonder if they argued about that, about selling the house and moving to the golf course in Greenville or maybe even to OK. If they argued about how to spend their retirement. She seemed to want to party, spend time at the country club, resorts and cruises, while he was into his car shows and family.

i wonder did Michael travel with Becca on her cruises and vacations in Mexico.
The photos from her FB seemed to suggest she took vacations apart from him. But i believe they went together with friends on a cruise who was that person Klein mentioned MC had a conversation with a year ago regarding the relationship with BC.

Last edited:
I believe she quickly got the neighbor first. SM said in Disappeared he doesn't think they went back on the property at all but just remained right around the home and shop. Was he saying something in that? It stood out to me.
I wonder if he did cut wood that day and if there are any neighbors near where he cuts wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361